UCLA/USC/Other LA-area schools

lordtiandao

16 hours ago, navix said:

Hello! Would be attending UCLA for PhD in ECE this fall. I was wondering what would be a better option: stay near campus and walk or a bit far and travel by car?

I suggest looking in neighborhoods like Sawtelle for UCLA housing. You can bike/bus from there, or have a short commute. Anything much further would be hell as far as traffic goes.

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2018 at 11:07 AM, 6diamonds said:

Hi I'm an incoming PhD student in Health Policy and Management in the School of Public Health

At UCLA?

Everyone heard from UCLA about housing? I got put in Weyburn.

On 5/30/2018 at 7:54 PM, lordtiandao said:

At UCLA?

Everyone heard from UCLA about housing? I got put in Weyburn.

He lordtiandao,  I got put in Weyburn too. I am not sure about accepting that, it seems a bit expensive. Are we too late for off-campus apartment hunting? 

Its expensive, but they are furnished, utilities included, and near campus. I was wavering on whether or not to accept as well bc of price. Ultimately, I accepted bc it would be easier since I have to move from far away and would have to pay hotel bills for a week or so while I look for housing elsewhere not to mention cost for furnishing etc...

LA is super expensive, so either way I'd prepared to budget like crazy

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in Weyburn too and accepted for the same reasons as Dviouz. At least for the first year I just wanted everything to be as taken care of as possible since I don't live in the area... then after I've been there for a bit I can do apartment-hunting in person

• 2 months later...