Hey everyone! I got my first interview offer and I'm soooo excited!! Please feel free to post your interview offers, updates, and acceptances when they arrive!

Optional info you may want to include in your post:

• What schools you applied to in California
  • Schools you've received interview offers from and when they arrived
  • Feedback on your interview and questions they asked you
  • Any other info you want to add
Edited by EatSleepStudy

I applied to CSULA, CSULB, CSU Chico, CSU Fullerton, and CSU Fresno. 

I got invited for an interview from CSULA (2/14)

A friend of mine got an email from CSULB earlier today, but I haven’t received anything. 

Does anyone know if they send out their invitations for interviews on different days? Or is it pretty safe to say that if I don’t get an email from CSULB tonight that I won’t be getting one at all?

Good luck to you all!!!

1 hour ago, gianinainabottle said:

I applied to CSULA, CSULB, CSU Chico, CSU Fullerton, and CSU Fresno. 

I got invited for an interview from CSULA (2/14)

A friend of mine got an email from CSULB earlier today, but I haven’t received anything. 

Does anyone know if they send out their invitations for interviews on different days? Or is it pretty safe to say that if I don’t get an email from CSULB tonight that I won’t be getting one at all?

Good luck to you all!!!

I know last year LB sent waves of emails! 

Does anyone know if CSULB does Skype interviews / how that affects your chances of admission since it’s not the group interview? I got an interview for this Saturday,  but I won’t be able to make it because I live out of state. I emailed them when I found out last night, but I haven’t heard back yet. 

12 hours ago, SLPihope2B said:

Does anyone know if CSULB does Skype interviews / how that affects your chances of admission since it’s not the group interview? I got an interview for this Saturday,  but I won’t be able to make it because I live out of state. I emailed them when I found out last night, but I haven’t heard back yet. 

I got an invitation to interview this Saturday as well! I'll be actually out of the country this weekend, so I'm hoping they'll be able to provide a different interview date... They likely didn't email back because today was a holiday. Hopefully they'll see our emails tomorrow and reply then!

I applied to Chapman, SJSU, and CSUSM

I received an e-mail from san marcos on 2/14 regarding an interview.

Did everyone receive a confirmation email from chapman? I didn't after I submitted my application and I can't decide if I didn't get in, or if they may not have gotten my application. UGH.

17 minutes ago, mahh said:

I applied to Chapman, SJSU, and CSUSM

I received an e-mail from san marcos on 2/14 regarding an interview.

Did everyone receive a confirmation email from chapman? I didn't after I submitted my application and I can't decide if I didn't get in, or if they may not have gotten my application. UGH.

I applied to Chapman as well and haven't heard anything. I'm guessing this means I didn't get in, or maybe they're sending out interview invites in waves. 

29 minutes ago, mel627 said:

I applied to Chapman as well and haven't heard anything. I'm guessing this means I didn't get in, or maybe they're sending out interview invites in waves. 

I called Chapman yesterday and they said they are still reviewing 75-80 applicants. They take applications that start with the beginning of the alphabet and look at the ones at the end of the alphabet. My last name is in the middle so they haven’t looked at it yet (kinda weird I know). Also if you haven’t heard from CSULB it’s not good news :( they already chose all the people they are giving interviews to. 

9 minutes ago, Mercie1994 said:

I called Chapman yesterday and they said they are still reviewing 75-80 applicants. They take applications that start with the beginning of the alphabet and look at the ones at the end of the alphabet. My last name is in the middle so they haven’t looked at it yet (kinda weird I know). Also if you haven’t heard from CSULB it’s not good news :( they already chose all the people they are giving interviews to. 

Ohh, good to know! Thank you. Do you know if they've sent out any rejections yet? I'm in the middle-ish as well, so maybe (hopefully!) no news is good news. 

I almost applied to CSULB but didn't in the end. I wish I could fast-forward time just a little bit!

1 hour ago, Mercie1994 said:

:( Nooo! I didn't get an email from CSULB for an interview... Did the profs tell the students that they are done sending emails or something? 

1 hour ago, Kelseyy said:

Hi,

I have an interview with CSULB and an interview with cal baptist on march 9th. Does anyone have any tips for interviews in general? 

Also, I applied to CSUN and haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone gotten anything yet? 

Thanks and goodluck to everyone! 

I still haven't heard from CSUN either.

41 minutes ago, EatSleepStudy said:

:( Nooo! I didn't get an email from CSULB for an interview... Did the profs tell the students that they are done sending emails or something? 

One of the professors told the students that all of the interviews were sent :( 

On 2/15/2018 at 9:06 AM, SLPihope2B said:

I applied to SFSU, CSULB, CSUEB, SDSU, CSUF, and Chapman!

I am interviewing for Chapman today and anxiously awaiting to hear from CSULB and SFSU regarding interviews!!!

On 2/15/2018 at 9:06 AM, SLPihope2B said:

I applied to SFSU, CSULB, CSUEB, SDSU, CSUF, and Chapman!

I am interviewing for Chapman today and anxiously awaiting to hear from CSULB and SFSU regarding interviews!!!

What was the interview like for Chapman? Was there a writing component? I was hoping to get an interview there but haven't heard anything....

did anyone else have issues sending the background form for csulb to the email they linked. I have tried multiple times but it keeps failing to send. It says the domain is not recognized. I think they misspelled the admissions part in the email and forgot the s. I sent it to the email that is on the website so hopefully the understand. 

There is a writing component for the Chapman interview (which I thought was challenging).  However, the interview portion was pretty smooth, they give you a list of questions they're going to ask so that helps big time. 

2 hours ago, WesttoEast18 said:

There is a writing component for the Chapman interview (which I thought was challenging).  However, the interview portion was pretty smooth, they give you a list of questions they're going to ask so that helps big time. 

I just received a request to interview for Chapman and didn't receive any list of questions? Did they email that to you?

1 hour ago, LittleBirdy said:

I just received a request to interview for Chapman and didn't receive any list of questions? Did they email that to you?

Once you register the questions will be at the bottom of your registration confirmation.  Let me know if you can't find and I will PM them to you! 

9 hours ago, Topher19 said:

did anyone else have issues sending the background form for csulb to the email they linked. I have tried multiple times but it keeps failing to send. It says the domain is not recognized. I think they misspelled the admissions part in the email and forgot the s. I sent it to the email that is on the website so hopefully the understand. 

I sent mine with no problem. Did you send it to SLP.Admissions@csulb.edu ?

On 2/21/2018 at 7:32 PM, Mercie1994 said:

Thanks for posting! My last name is also in the middle of the alphabet. I had already written off Chapman after hearing all of my friends got interviews already, but maybe all hope isn't lost.