SJSU MSW Program for 2018

cfsmsw

I thought I create this thread for all SJSU MSW applicants and find out who applied, which concentration, and if they heard anything yet... 

My concentration is in mental health..  

I have 5 years working directly with autistic children and currently on my 4th year in case management for children with developmental disabilities. My GPA is pretty low...  2.8... but I was denied last year for insufficient background.  

Edited by cfsmsw

On 2/15/2018 at 6:10 PM, cfsmsw said:

I thought I create this thread for all SJSU MSW applicants and find out who applied, which concentration, and if they heard anything yet... 

My concentration is in mental health..  

I have 5 years working directly with autistic children and currently on my 4th year in case management for children with developmental disabilities. My GPA is pretty low...  2.8... but I was denied last year for insufficient background.  

Hi! I was hoping to find a thread on SJSU! I applied end of January with the children, youth, and families concentration. I’ve been noticed that my app is in “final review”, but nothing more than that.

6 hours ago, ktl510 said:

Hi! I was hoping to find a thread on SJSU! I applied end of January with the children, youth, and families concentration. I’ve been noticed that my app is in “final review”, but nothing more than that.

Cool, hopefully you'll hear back soon. Mine still says "Referred to grad dept". Did you apply for the stipend?

On 2/19/2018 at 1:08 PM, jenMSW2018 said:

Hi all,

I also applied for SJSU (online/hybrid). I applied for the children, youth, and families concentration. I turned in my application on 11/15, when did you guys turn yours in?

I submitted my app in mid January. 

On 2/19/2018 at 1:08 PM, jenMSW2018 said:

Hi all,

I also applied for SJSU (online/hybrid). I applied for the children, youth, and families concentration. I turned in my application on 11/15, when did you guys turn yours in?

I didn't turn mine in until late January.

Hi everybody I submitted my application to SJSU possibly a week or two before the due date so I would say mid January.  I am am also applying for title I V-E.I checked today and it says that it is referred to grad department, so now the wait continues. I received my letter of admission today from CSUEB, the waiting continues.

If I am completely honest SJSU is my third choice only because I don’t know much about the programm, does anybody have any information to share I know that they have a multidisciplinary concentration which is pretty much you get a little bit of everything but I’m wondering if anybody has any specifics on why this might be their top choice?

Edited by ChicanaMSW2018
Adding more info

13 hours ago, ChicanaMSW2018 said:

Hi everybody I submitted my application to SJSU possibly a week or two before the due date so I would say mid January.  I am am also applying for title I V-E.I checked today and it says that it is referred to grad department, so now the wait continues. I received my letter of admission today from CSUEB, the waiting continues.

If I am completely honest SJSU is my third choice only because I don’t know much about the programm, does anybody have any information to share I know that they have a multidisciplinary concentration which is pretty much you get a little bit of everything but I’m wondering if anybody has any specifics on why this might be their top choice?

helllooo! I also applied for CSUEB, when did you turn in your application for CSUEB?

48 minutes ago, jenMSW2018 said:

helllooo! I also applied for CSUEB, when did you turn in your application for CSUEB?

Hi there, I submitted my CSUEB app (in person) the day before it was due 12/14/2017,  The letter was dated February 13, this arrived in the mail. I live in in the east bay. 

Hello everyone! I applied to SJSU, CSUEB, SFSU, and Smith College. I turned in my applications on the very last day of the deadline. Haven't heard back from SJSU or SFSU. Yesterday, I received an acceptance letter from CSUEB though -- I'm a little stressed because CSUEB needs a response by 3/2 and I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools. 

The status for my SJSU App just says "received" 

31 minutes ago, dkmsw510 said:

Hello everyone! I applied to SJSU, CSUEB, SFSU, and Smith College. I turned in my applications on the very last day of the deadline. Haven't heard back from SJSU or SFSU. Yesterday, I received an acceptance letter from CSUEB though -- I'm a little stressed because CSUEB needs a response by 3/2 and I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools. 

The status for my SJSU App just says "received" 

Hi there, 

i am in the exact same prediciament, I need to let CSUEB know by 3/2 but there is no word yet from UCB which is my top choice. I’m conderidng asking for an extension. My SJSU status says “refered to graduate department” which apparently means they received my transcripts and have forwarded to grad dept. Did you submit your final transcripts to GAPE? 

http://info.sjsu.edu/static/admission/status-grad.html

http://ischool.sjsu.edu/programs/mlis/application-process/tracking-your-application

These links are for SJSU. 

9 minutes ago, jenMSW2018 said:

I applied to CSULB, SJSU and CSUEB. Did you accept admissions for CSUEB?

I have not accepted admission just yet, I would like to ask for an extension as I haven’t heard back from UCB.

UCB, CSUEB then SJSU in that order.

Edited by ChicanaMSW2018

8 minutes ago, ChicanaMSW2018 said:

I have not accepted admission just yet, I would like to ask for an extension as I haven’t heard back from UCB.

UCB, CSUEB then SJSU in that order.

Hopefully we hear back soon. I feel like I'm going crazy just waiting for the status to change on the portals.

6 hours ago, jenMSW2018 said:

No status change yet. I'm tempted to call SJSU, but the deadline was Feb. 1 so that's WAY too soon to call LOL

lol yeah a bit too soon.... or is it? haha My status is still "referred to grad department". I think someone in here said they submitted their app at the end of January and their status was in "final review"...   i submitted mine in mid January so...  not liking my odds already lol. 

1 hour ago, cfsmsw said:

lol yeah a bit too soon.... or is it? haha My status is still "referred to grad department". I think someone in here said they submitted their app at the end of January and their status was in "final review"...   i submitted mine in mid January so...  not liking my odds already lol. 

My status is also, “referred to grad department” and it’s been like that for over a month. I turned in my app in mid dec, so I’m really not liking the odds LOL

ALSO! I ended up calling SJSU (i can’t wait any longer!)and told the person that answered I turned in my app in dec and she said i’ll probably here in a couple of months and if anything they’ll change the status.

Hello all,

I finally decided to make an account on this thing too because the wait is driving me crazy lol

I was looking up the different codes they use on the MySJSU portal and there isn't one that says "final review" (Here's the link to the codes: http://info.sjsu.edu/web-dbgen/narr/admission/rec-16781.16786.16787.html)

I submitted my application on the 16th of January and my portal has said "referred to department" since the beginning of this month (it took them a while to attach my official transcript to my application)

Honestly, I just wish they didn't say on their website that " Complete applications submitted prior to the official deadline will be reviewed early.  Admission decisions can therefore also occur relatively early  (i.e., before the application due date) " if they're just gonna consistently send out their decisions later in the year... I feel like that just serves to make everyone (me included lol) have crazy anxiety.

I'll keep y'all posted on if any changes happen on my portal, tbh I'm checking it more than once a day at this point >_>

Hey all! I applied to the MSW online/hybrid program at SJSU too! I have a feeling that we're going to be waiting for a while. As per the results page, it looks like they don't typically notify folks of acceptance until like April :o  

I only applied to this program because I want to continue working full time while in school. How do folks go to school full time AND live in the bay area? beats me. 

Good luck to everyone, let's keep eachother posted! :) 

On 2/26/2018 at 5:47 PM, jenMSW2018 said:

My status is also, “referred to grad department” and it’s been like that for over a month. I turned in my app in mid dec, so I’m really not liking the odds LOL

ALSO! I ended up calling SJSU (i can’t wait any longer!)and told the person that answered I turned in my app in dec and she said i’ll probably here in a couple of months and if anything they’ll change the status.

lol... I just got a message regarding financial aid... but status remains the same

1 hour ago, cfsmsw said:

lol... I just got a message regarding financial aid... but status remains the same

I talked to my friend today and found out 2 of her friends got into the program last year. She told me they were notified mid march-early April. Do you happen to know anyone in the program?

Edited by jenMSW2018

6 hours ago, NKA said:

Hey all! I applied to the MSW online/hybrid program at SJSU too! I have a feeling that we're going to be waiting for a while. As per the results page, it looks like they don't typically notify folks of acceptance until like April :o  

I only applied to this program because I want to continue working full time while in school. How do folks go to school full time AND live in the bay area? beats me. 

Good luck to everyone, let's keep eachother posted! :) 

I’m on the same boat! I applied to the online program to continue working full time. Do you know anyone in the program?