SJSU MSW Program for 2018

cfsmsw

Those around me wanted me to call as I am still waiting for a decision and I finally got the courage to do so and it was worthless...Still waiting?
Were still under review...

19 hours ago, BriettnyMSW? said:

Those around me wanted me to call as I am still waiting for a decision and I finally got the courage to do so and it was worthless...Still waiting?
Were still under review...

When you called, did they just say to wait it out until you hear back?

1 hour ago, danie89 said:

When you called, did they just say to wait it out until you hear back?

Yes, the person who answered seemed to have a scripted response. "If you have not heard from the department, your application is still being under review. You will know by June 1st."

Hi Everyone,

I just got my acceptance to SJSU MSW 2 year program. I was wondering does anyone know when enrollment for classes start? financial aid information? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! 

10 hours ago, Lalaa said:

Hi Everyone,

I just got my acceptance to SJSU MSW 2 year program. I was wondering does anyone know when enrollment for classes start? financial aid information? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! 

If you submitted your FAFSA on time you should be able to see a preliminary financial aid award letter.  You will receive a new message on your SJSU account which gives you a link to Next Steps. Once you log into the Next Steps page there is a tab that shows you your financial aid.

When I looked at mine, tuition and cost of living was around $29,600 or so. I was offered $5,000 in work study, $11,400 in loans. I was expected to pay the remaining amount or take out a grad plus loan.

Edited by cafelatte08

3 hours ago, cafelatte08 said:

If you submitted your FAFSA on time you should be able to see a preliminary financial aid award letter.  You will receive a new message on your SJSU account which gives you a link to Next Steps. Once you log into the Next Steps page there is a tab that shows you your financial aid.

When I looked at mine, tuition and cost of living was around $29,600 or so. I was offered $5,000 in work study, $11,400 in loans. I was expected to pay the remaining amount or take out a grad plus loan.

@cafelatte08  Thanks! I was also offered $5k in work study, but the rest in loans. 

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:28 PM, Lalaa said:

Hi Everyone,

HEllo-

As of today,  I am able to view the financial aid that is being offered to me through MySJSU Portal>View Financial Aid.  I can now also accept/decline the offers.This financial aid information differs from the preliminary letter I received through the NextSteps link.   

I emailed School of Social work regarding enrollment a few weeks ago. This is the info I received : 

"We will be sending your Class Codes approximately the beginning of August - the MSW Program is a Cohort System.  The email will give you the names of your peers and which classes with class codes you will need to register.  Once you have accepted SJSU-MSW Program your spot has been saved."

Hope this helps.

Edited by NessitaD

On 5/16/2018 at 10:52 AM, NessitaD said:

HEllo-

As of today,  I am able to view the financial aid that is being offered to me through MySJSU Portal>View Financial Aid.  I can now also accept/decline the offers.This financial aid information differs from the preliminary letter I received through the NextSteps link.   

I emailed School of Social work regarding enrollment a few weeks ago. This is the info I received : 

"We will be sending your Class Codes approximately the beginning of August - the MSW Program is a Cohort System.  The email will give you the names of your peers and which classes with class codes you will need to register.  Once you have accepted SJSU-MSW Program your spot has been saved."

Hope this helps.

Hello,

I was wondering if you've received the official enrollment email yet? My sjsu portal displays the same thing regarding my fin. aid

Edited by TiaMSW

Hello everyone, 

I decided to make an account since I am still waiting for a decision. ?  I received a message on my portal on my account about my financial aid and how to accept it. But towards the bottom it says "welcome to san jose  state university". My status has not changed or anything but does this message mean I have been accepted? 

14 hours ago, TiaMSW said:

Hello,

I was wondering if you've received the official enrollment email yet? My sjsu portal displays the same thing regarding my fin. aid

I have not received an enrollment email. My understanding is that it will be sent out in August. 

On 5/18/2018 at 7:23 PM, mswcoffee said:

Hello everyone, 

I decided to make an account since I am still waiting for a decision. ?  I received a message on my portal on my account about my financial aid and how to accept it. But towards the bottom it says "welcome to san jose  state university". My status has not changed or anything but does this message mean I have been accepted? 

Hey everyone! I finally made an account because I'm in the same situation and instead of stalking all of your responses 24/7 I thought id contribute too lol 

Anyways, I'm not sure where but I remember reading that being admitted to SJSU does not guarantee admission into the MSW program, so I'm still not getting my hopes up even though I received the same message ?

1 hour ago, BananaSlug4MSW said:

Hello all... Just got an email that I'm on the waiting list... feeling quite ambivalent about it all lol ?‍♀️

Hey congrats, its something! I go to UCSC too ? What concentration did you apply for and what program (2 year, 3 year, online)?

15 hours ago, Bri510 said:

Hey congrats, its something! I go to UCSC too ? What concentration did you apply for and what program (2 year, 3 year, online)?

Thank you, after sleeping on it I feel like it's giving me the motivation to get more experience and just apply again next year if it doesn't pan out ?
I applied to the children and family and mental health concentrations but only for the 3 year part time program cuz I want to keep working full time for the first year at least

I got an email today saying I was not accepted. My parents are sad, but I'm okay with this decision. I wasn't exactly sure that I wanted to go into social work so now I get to experience new fields and figure out what I truly want to do with my life.

Best of luck to everyone who got in and to those who haven't, don't give up! Everything happens for a reason, right? Let's figure out our paths after undergrad  ❤️ 

22 hours ago, Bri510 said:

I got an email today saying I was not accepted. My parents are sad, but I'm okay with this decision. I wasn't exactly sure that I wanted to go into social work so now I get to experience new fields and figure out what I truly want to do with my life.

Best of luck to everyone who got in and to those who haven't, don't give up! Everything happens for a reason, right? Let's figure out our paths after undergrad  ❤️ 

Got my denial email yesterday too. It was expected so I don't feel bad but I do realize I want to specialize in something different in social work rather than what I put in my personal statements! So I will now be obtaining a job in that new path and applying again this year.

Good luck to everyone regardless of whether you are accepted or not! ?

On 5/25/2018 at 9:51 AM, BananaSlug4MSW said:

Thank you, after sleeping on it I feel like it's giving me the motivation to get more experience and just apply again next year if it doesn't pan out ?
I applied to the children and family and mental health concentrations but only for the 3 year part time program cuz I want to keep working full time for the first year at least

I first applied 10 years ago right after undergrad, and didn't get in. I had some second thoughts about what to do for a career, got more experience and reapplied (finally-a lot has happened in 10 years!) and got in this year. Don't get discouraged!

On 5/26/2018 at 2:51 PM, TiaMSW said:

Got my denial email yesterday too. It was expected so I don't feel bad but I do realize I want to specialize in something different in social work rather than what I put in my personal statements! So I will now be obtaining a job in that new path and applying again this year.

Good luck to everyone regardless of whether you are accepted or not! ?

I'm sorry you didn't get in, good luck on reapplying next year! I didn't get in the first time I applied either.

I got my rejection email on Friday . It hurt, but honestly it was kind of a relief. I had been offered my dream job in Sacramento and had I been admitted that would have been the hardest decision that I would have to made.

Congratulations to everyone that got in!

On 5/24/2018 at 4:35 PM, BananaSlug4MSW said:

Hello all... Just got an email that I'm on the waiting list... feeling quite ambivalent about it all lol ?‍♀️

I was waitlisted as well. Do you know how many people they waitlisted?