On 5/31/2018 at 11:39 AM, StephVMSW said:

Congrats!!! You'll love DH, I went there for my undergrad and I loved it. Congrats on getting accepted on all the schools you applied to. If you don't mind me asking, what made you go with DH?

Thank you ! And of course not !! And well I had already completed my undergrad career At Dominguez Hills and besides knowing the campus well, it is also very close to home and affordable too!?

Edited by ETMSW18

On 5/31/2018 at 11:41 AM, StephVMSW said:

Hi There! :)
So I know that we have out field placement orientation on Monday August 27. My guess is that we start class on August 28th, as we would be attending classes Tuesdays and Thursdays. I', so excited to start this journey with all of you at DH. :)

Same here !!! I am very excited to start this journey with all of you guys at DH! :)  And thank you for the info StephVMSW ☺️

Edited by ETMSW18

Hello, I just found this thread and have found everyones comments very helpful. I have also applied to the fall 2018 MSW program at DH. Im still waiting to see if I got accepted there was a issue with my application, so it didn't start getting viewed till way after feb and now i'm a bit worried because so many of you have heard back already. Question for everyone that has gotten accepted how did you receive your acceptance? email? mail? or portal? Because I check portal daily, but it still hasn't been updated.

9 minutes ago, Tanisha Bowles said:

Hello, I just found this thread and have found everyones comments very helpful. I have also applied to the fall 2018 MSW program at DH. Im still waiting to see if I got accepted there was a issue with my application, so it didn't start getting viewed till way after feb and now i'm a bit worried because so many of you have heard back already. Question for everyone that has gotten accepted how did you receive your acceptance? email? mail? or portal? Because I check portal daily, but it still hasn't been updated.

I will message you ?

On 6/3/2018 at 1:27 AM, Tanisha Bowles said:

Hello, I received the notification of my acceptance through my personal email, and a week later I received a letter by regular mail. Best of luck to you!

Hi everyone! 

I’m glad to hear that people are excited for the upcoming semester at CSUDH! I feel as if my experience with the department was really poor. I mailed in my application on the 31st and considering my location, it should have gotten to the school by the next day or so. When I had called to find out if they had my application, the secretary wouldn’t help me find out and kept telling me to wait. Since then I’ve contacted the department about an address change since I moved and about what to expect from them in terms of email or mail. The secretary told me that I would NOT get an email indicating that my application is under review but my friend who got accepted received that email. I still haven’t heard anything from them and last I spoke to two people, neither were willing to help me figure out what may be wrong. Then they also told me they would let people know by the end of June.. could anyone shed some light on why I haven’t heard absolutely anything from the department except for me reaching out 4-5 times

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, Pchiran said:

@ivan8806 thanks for the info! I’m looking forward to starting in the fall.

@Jessica Steen I’m sorry to hear about LB but it’s all good because you have DH and potentially Fullerton. Best of luck ??

August 11th (Saturday) is the 1st day of classes for both 1st and 2nd year Part-Time

Full Timers start August 27th. Hope that helps.

Hello guys, 

I'm curious if those who've been accepted to CSUDH full time/part time have heard about their field placements? I was awarded a CALSWEC stipend, and I still haven't heard back on my field placement. I'm wondering if this is general with all students, or if some have contacted their field instructors?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...