Fall 2018 Data Science/Analytics Applicants

On 3/25/2018 at 8:11 PM, feed.the.beat said:

I have been wait listed at NYU Data Science. One of my dream programs! My other deadlines are in May 1st. Hope an admission comes before that date!

I think Columbia is coming next week. Fingers cross there too :rolleyes:

I heard a bunch of people got into Columbia yesterday, don't know what that means for the rest of us...They said they were only given 2 weeks to make a decision so it may be that there's a second wave coming soon..

2 hours ago, sweetchild said:

I heard a bunch of people got into Columbia yesterday, don't know what that means for the rest of us...They said they were only given 2 weeks to make a decision so it may be that there's a second wave coming soon..

Yes! Columbia posts seemed like a first wave. Too few compared to past years... I'd bet more admits/rejects are coming soon! I also got another admit at USC Applied Data Science . Finally things are becoming clear here ?

10 minutes ago, The__Data_Scientist said:

has anyone heard anything from Columbia lately?

This appeared on the forum today cited as a reply from Columbia:

"Please note that decisions are expected to go out starting the end of March. While some decisions have been released, we expect the bulk of decisions to be rendered by April 6th."

So maybe next week we'll get our decisions guys!

On 3/10/2018 at 12:47 PM, pickapocketoni said:

Received an offer from Georgetown Analytics this week, but based on the results search it seems like there should be a lot more still to come.

Where else are you looking? I'm deciding between Georgetown and UVA and trying to do some pros and cons... I'm worried that Georgetown's program is a little less established than others, but also they've got big name appeal.

11 hours ago, jonghwi91 said:

Seems like brown just started sending out decisions. 

Yup - got that rejection letter yesterday.

I visiting Columbia over the weekend just because I was in the city. They did say that notifications will be going out this week. They also said they had over 1400 apps this year - more than double what I've heard from any other program I applied to. Soooo there's that.

So, the wait is finally over!

Columbia - MSc. in Data Science - Waitlisted  (No funding)

NYU - MSc. in Data Science - Waitlisted

USC - Applied Data Science - Admitted (with 13k/year scholarship! Woohooo :lol:)

NYU Tandon - Computer Science - Rejected and offered MSc. in Computer Engineering (Meh!)

Will probably accept USC if nothing great comes from NYU by late April!

• 1 year later...
On 4/12/2018 at 2:41 PM, feed.the.beat said:

So, the wait is finally over!

Columbia - MSc. in Data Science - Waitlisted  (No funding)

NYU - MSc. in Data Science - Waitlisted

USC - Applied Data Science - Admitted (with 13k/year scholarship! Woohooo :lol:)

NYU Tandon - Computer Science - Rejected and offered MSc. in Computer Engineering (Meh!)

Will probably accept USC if nothing great comes from NYU by late April!

Hello,

I’m a recent admit to the MS in Applied Data Science. Did you end up going to USC? If so, how do you like the program?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/22/2018 at 7:27 PM, bigdatagirl said:

I can't seem to find much about people applying to data science and analytics masters programs so I thought I'd start one myself. 

I'm super frustrating with not being able to find information on when decisions will be sent out, so I'm hoping find out if anyone has heard from anywhere. 

I've applied to:

Chicago's MA in Computational Social Science

Chicago's Masters in Analytics

Georgetown's Masters in Analytics (focus in data science)

Northwestern's MS in Analytics

LSE Applied Social Data Science and Data Science masters programs

I just found out yesterday that I've been accepted to UVAs masters in Data Science. Has anyone heard back from any of these schools???

Just for reference...

School: Hillsdale College

Major: Psychology and Political Economy, minors in French and Mathematics

GPA: 3.53 (4.0) psychology major 3.90 (4.0)

GRE: 162 (81%) Q, 165 (96%), 4.5 AW

Relevant Courses: Statistics for the Social Sciences, Econometrics, Linear Algebra, Multivariable Calculus, Mathematical Statistics, Statistical Learning

Other things: As far as programming I have experience with R and SPSS and have basic knowledge of HTML, C++, and SQL. I'm in the process of publishing psychology research as first author, have leadership experience in my sorority and two other campus organizations, have been my psychology department's statistics and SPSS tutor since sophomore year, am part of both the psychology and economics honoraries, and spent a month at Oxford this summer taking two courses. 

Hey @bigdatagirl it's been 2 years since you made this post.  Where did you go?