Declining Offers 2018

Theodore8

I declined offers from Stanford, Toronto, Georgetown, Riverside, and Johns Hopkins, and removed myself from wait-lists at Brown and UCSD (AOI: Kant, German Idealism, German philosophy, history of philosophy).

3 hours ago, Kantattheairport said:

Finally caved in to the fact that I wouldn't be able to afford Tufts, and declined their offer. Apologies for doing it so late - it was a difficult decision to make, and I kept clinging on to the hope that they might be able to offer a bit more funding.

Oh well. Good luck to whoever gets the spot!

So what schools are you looking at now? 

23 minutes ago, Kantattheairport said:

Waitlisted at NYU, MIT, GSU - so beginning to look at next year's cycle. :P

Really!? Like skip this one out and try to fine-tune your sample so you can catch the big one next year? Those are exciting potential offers though. Let me know what happens.

My roommate (isn't on here) just turned down funded offers from UPenn, Georgetown, and turned down Cornell earlier this week. Mostly works on feminist philosophy and social/political.

9 hours ago, Xia1 said:

Took myself off the waitlist for UVA. I believe I was pretty high on it as well, so hopefully that helps someone!

I received an email from Walter Ott just now saying it was likely I would receive an offer this afternoon. Thank. You. So. Much. @Xia1.

3 hours ago, Franzkafka said:

Anyone plans to decline an offer from WUSTL? I've been stuck on the wait list for 50 days. Many thanks!

When I visited WUSTL, it seems that there were several admitted prospects that were planning on declining their offer. But of course I can't say for sure, and I don't even know how many were admitted. 

6 minutes ago, mynameismyname said:

When I visited WUSTL, it seems that there were several admitted prospects that were planning on declining their offer. But of course I can't say for sure, and I don't even know how many were admitted. 

Thanks! But just got a rejection there.