McCourt 2018

Didn't see a true McCourt forum on here yet for 2018. Decisions went out March 1 - March 8 last year, so I'm wondering if we'll have the same timeline. I had a delay in my official transcript from some graduate courses I had taken, so they had an unofficial one until last Thursday. I'm thinking that may hurt my decision timing. 

Edited by AddSmith
run-on sentence

I logged onto my application and my acceptance letter was posted! I did not receive an email telling me to check. I didn't even see it at first because it was at the very bottom of the page (just a line that said "Decision Status Available" with a link). Might be worth checking to see if yours is posted, too!

9 minutes ago, lao1711 said:

How do you know if you have received funding? Is there a separate letter?

It was a separate letter at the bottom of the letter of acceptance. You should probably scroll down and check.

7 minutes ago, VeryCheesey said:

It was a separate letter at the bottom of the letter of acceptance. You should probably scroll down and check.

Thanks! 

6 hours ago, Edpol93 said:

Accepted! Got a couple thousand a year but it doesn’t do much for the sticker price. I’ve been told you can negotiate on funding but we shall see. 

Any idea how you'll go about it? Without significant aid, it's strictly no-go for me.

2 hours ago, thebighop13 said:

Very excited to get my acceptance email today. Was a little confused over the funding offer. I got $10,000 for the first year, but it says nothing about whether or not this is renewable? Does anyone have any insight into this

I’m curious about the same question. I assume it’s the same funding for the second year, but they don’t make that clear.

10 hours ago, thebighop13 said:

Very excited to get my acceptance email today. Was a little confused over the funding offer. I got $10,000 for the first year, but it says nothing about whether or not this is renewable? Does anyone have any insight into this

Not at this program, but same university, depends on the year of the cohort/program. Some programs at the school now offer the same funding for both years if you get good grades the first year, but if they letter didn't say anything about it, don't count on it.

On 3/3/2018 at 1:06 AM, thebighop13 said:

I did a little digging on the website, and it seems  that "scholarships awarded for the first year of study are renewable at the same amount for the second year of study contingent on satisfactory academic progress."

(The placement of that disclaimer could suggest this applies only to partner scholarships, though the wording makes that seem unlikely.)

Edited by naturalish

On 3/2/2018 at 11:37 PM, VeryCheesey said:

Any idea how you'll go about it? Without significant aid, it's strictly no-go for me.

I'm hoping to get more aid from another institution to use as bargaining power. Alternatively, if people with more funding don't go then there will be more to ask for. According to some of the previous years' threads students can get a good 50 percent covered.

8 hours ago, Edpol93 said:

I'm hoping to get more aid from another institution to use as bargaining power. Alternatively, if people with more funding don't go then there will be more to ask for. According to some of the previous years' threads students can get a good 50 percent covered.

Sounds good. I am expecting results for financial aid later this month, I'll probably use that as my bargaining chip. Thanks! 50% would be a huge relief.