McCourt 2018

19 hours ago, AddSmith said:

I did not! The day I got waitlisted, I emailed the person I had talked to the whole time, a counselor I met at Idealist and a Boston event! She said I could submit new letters of recommendation, and since I was about to be in the process of taking microeconomics, I could send my updated scores and information from the course. 

Edit: she also said I could retake the GRE and submit if I felt compelled. 

That's so funny, I was at the Boston idealist fair AND the Boston McCourt reception, so we probably met. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

My account never showed that my application was complete, so I reached out to admissions last week. I received a response that I'd receive my decision early this week. I also received an email on Friday from GU saying that my FAFSA had been processed, but I tried not to read into it. Sure enough, around 4pm today (5/7/18), I logged into the application portal (which still lists my application as incomplete), and scrolled down to the bottom. There was a small link to the actual admissions decision that hadn't been there previously. Sure enough, I've been offered admission with $7500/year funding. Wishing luck to those of you still waiting to hear back from McCourt! 

On 5/7/2018 at 5:40 PM, Doug said:

My account never showed that my application was complete, so I reached out to admissions last week. I received a response that I'd receive my decision early this week. I also received an email on Friday from GU saying that my FAFSA had been processed, but I tried not to read into it. Sure enough, around 4pm today (5/7/18), I logged into the application portal (which still lists my application as incomplete), and scrolled down to the bottom. There was a small link to the actual admissions decision that hadn't been there previously. Sure enough, I've been offered admission with $7500/year funding. Wishing luck to those of you still waiting to hear back from McCourt! 

Congratulations! I've sent in a letter of renewed interest to the admissions team with updated grades and such, so I'm hoping I get a positive response.