Hi Guys! :)

So it’s about that time! Schools are sending out their acceptance/decline letters. Let this be a place where you can share which CSUs you applied, which ones you’ve heard from and have yet to hear from. If you got invited for an interview please share some tips for those who haven’t had theirs yet. Let’s support each other and possibly meet people who will be in your program in the fall! 

My name is Selene and I applied to the extended programs for CSUF CSULA and CSUDH. I got accepted to CSULA and CSUDH but have yet to hear anything from CSUF. 

19 minutes ago, ssmmvv said:

So it’s about that time! Schools are sending out their acceptance/decline letters. Let this be a place where you can share which CSUs you applied, which ones you’ve heard from and have yet to hear from. If you got invited for an interview please share some tips for those who haven’t had theirs yet. Let’s support each other and possibly meet people who will be in your program in the fall! 

My name is Selene and I applied to the extended programs for CSUF CSULA and CSUDH. I got accepted to CSULA and CSUDH but have yet to hear anything from CSUF. 

Hi! My name is Jennifer. I applied to CSUEB(11/15), SJSU(12/18) and CSULB(11/15). I got accepted into CSULB so far (1/29). I have not heard back from CSUEB and SJSU yet.

On 3/3/2018 at 8:48 AM, ssmmvv said:

Hi! My name is Savannah Coker. I was accepted to CSULA and CSULB. I have not heard from CSUN yet, but I interviewed with them mid-February. What is your first choice program? 

2 hours ago, LeeSav said:

Hi! My name is Savannah Coker. I was accepted to CSULA and CSULB. I have not heard from CSUN yet, but I interviewed with them mid-February. What is your first choice program? 

I’m sure you’ll hear from them shortly! I’m debating between csuf and csula. Csuf because it’s a good program and convenient because it’s closest to me. But I feel I’ll get good field work experience from csula. So I’ll be happy at either programs. What’s yours? 

I also applied to CSUN and was interviewed on February 13th. Myself and the others in my group who I interviewed with have not been contacted yet with a decision. CSUN was the only program I applied to.

Edited by nicolefl

On 3/12/2018 at 11:00 PM, mswapplicant21 said:

@LeeSav what is your undergrad in and what was your major, i did not get into CSULA and I am waiting to hear back from CSULB, CSUF, CSUN, and UCLA. I had interviews at CSUN AND CSUF. I was really surprised that I did not get into CSULA

Hi @mswapplicant21 I did my undergrad in sociology at UC Santa Cruz. My upper rib GPA was 3.6 and for the three years I’ve been working as a case manager in immigration and homeless veterans law. I’m sorry to hear you did not get accepted to LA. I think it is a very small program with limited spots available. I am sure you will hear from another school soon. What is your first choice at this time? 

On 3/12/2018 at 11:00 PM, mswapplicant21 said:

@LeeSav what is your undergrad in and what was your major, i did not get into CSULA and I am waiting to hear back from CSULB, CSUF, CSUN, and UCLA. I had interviews at CSUN AND CSUF. I was really surprised that I did not get into CSULA

Hi @mswapplicant21 I was just curious what kind of questions they asked you in the interview for CSUN?

1 hour ago, jicelleg said:

Hi, does anyone know when CSUN will start notifying applicants who have already interviewed?

I interviewed mid-February and have not yet heard a peep.

Hi @jicelleg, I also interviewed in early/mid feb and haven't heard anything. From what I understood from the people who interviewed me they aren't releasing any decisions until they have interviewed all of the candidates. They told us that they would be conducting interviews through March and possibly into the first few weeks of April. My guess is we will hear back by the end of April but they said it could be as late as May 15th. 

1 hour ago, LeeSav said:

Hi @jicelleg, I also interviewed in early/mid feb and haven't heard anything. From what I understood from the people who interviewed me they aren't releasing any decisions until they have interviewed all of the candidates. They told us that they would be conducting interviews through March and possibly into the first few weeks of April. My guess is we will hear back by the end of April but they said it could be as late as May 15th. 

@LeeSav thanks so much for your insight... at least now I'm assured that it will most likely be a while until we hear back. Such a long wait compared to other schools, but hey at least they're trying to personally get to know the possible candidates. 

Good luck!

Hello everyone, I applied to CSULA, CSULB, CSUF, CSUDH, UCLA, and USC. I am waiting to hear back from CSUF, CSULB, and UCLA. How are you guys making decisions on where to go? 

On 3/19/2018 at 11:19 AM, HopefulMSW2018 said:

Hi @mswapplicant21 I was just curious what kind of questions they asked you in the interview for CSUN?

There were three parts to the interview, for the first part they had had us flip over a card on our desk and answer those questions. There were four questions that were used. One asked about an opportunity you have had that others have not. I cannot remember the other three questions.  

The second part they had us split up into two groups and do an exercise together. One group had something like, if you had to cut one program out of the following 8 due to budget cuts, which one would you cut and why? Again, cannot remember the other groups topic.

Then they had everyone talk about a personal or professional experience that lead them to pursue a career in social work with a generalist program.

I think that was it.

On 3/19/2018 at 10:40 PM, Elliemsw said:

Hello everyone, I applied to CSULA, CSULB, CSUF, CSUDH, UCLA, and USC. I am waiting to hear back from CSUF, CSULB, and UCLA. How are you guys making decisions on where to go? 

I applied to CSULA, UCLA, CSUSB, CSULB, CSUN, AND CSUF. Did not get into UCLA OR CSULA. Had a group interview at CSUN 2/28, and an individual interview at CSUF ON 3/13 - Have not heard back from either school. Waiting to hear back from CSUSB, AND CSULB as well.

Did you hear back from the other three? whats your top pick?

9 hours ago, mswapplicant21 said:

There were three parts to the interview, for the first part they had had us flip over a card on our desk and answer those questions. There were four questions that were used. One asked about an opportunity you have had that others have not. I cannot remember the other three questions.  

The second part they had us split up into two groups and do an exercise together. One group had something like, if you had to cut one program out of the following 8 due to budget cuts, which one would you cut and why? Again, cannot remember the other groups topic.

Then they had everyone talk about a personal or professional experience that lead them to pursue a career in social work with a generalist program.

I think that was it.

Just to piggy back on this answer... the other group question was a scenario in which you are a social worker advocating for a client that your co-workers- nurses, office administration- are trying to get rid of. They also make rude comments about the client as well. Your task would be to give reasons why you'd like to keep him and how you would work with the others

13 hours ago, mswapplicant21 said:

I applied to CSULA, UCLA, CSUSB, CSULB, CSUN, AND CSUF. Did not get into UCLA OR CSULA. Had a group interview at CSUN 2/28, and an individual interview at CSUF ON 3/13 - Have not heard back from either school. Waiting to hear back from CSUSB, AND CSULB as well.

Did you hear back from the other three? whats your top pick?

I was just rejected from UCLA today :( I have been accepted to USC, CSUDH, and CSULA at this time. Still waiting on LB and Fullerton. My top pick was UCLA but now I am unsure as that will not be happening... I am discouraged about Fullerton and LB as I have not heard anything from then... 

What is your top pick?

I applied to CSUF and LB and have not heard from them. I have a 3.06 GPA from my undergrad BC in Psych and have 5 years experience working as a behavioral therapist and case manager. I also tutored and mentored as a undergrad for charter schools and after school programs. does anyone have a low gpa like mine and got accepted? or those who have not heard from the schools what GPS do u have an experience. I am discouraged that I have not heard anything back because the other school I applied to denied me. 

On 3/21/2018 at 1:11 PM, Elliemsw said:

I was just rejected from UCLA today :( I have been accepted to USC, CSUDH, and CSULA at this time. Still waiting on LB and Fullerton. My top pick was UCLA but now I am unsure as that will not be happening... I am discouraged about Fullerton and LB as I have not heard anything from then... 

What is your top pick?

Ucla was also my top pick. I heard back from LB a few days ago. Didn't get in. Now just waiting on Csuf,  csun, and csusb. 

I hate waiting lol 

Hi everyone! I'm officially enrolled into CSUF's MSW program (full time)! My concentration is in Child Welfare. I am still waiting to hear back regarding CALSWEC. Keeping my fingers crossed. I would love to have some friends going into the program.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 1:11 PM, Elliemsw said:

What is your top pick?

Hi @Elliemsw

Did you interview with CSUF already and waiting to hear back from that?

My bf's sister graduated from USC and she really enjoyed her time there but when I hear her talk about the $100,000 + plus that she's now owes it hurts my heart because that's so much money. She's a social workers for LA County and getting the same pay as anyone else who graduated from a csu. My piece of advice is to save your wallet. 

On 3/19/2018 at 9:22 PM, Kimberly M. said:

Hey everyone ! :)

I applied to CSULB (a week before deadline) & CSULA (week of deadline). I was accepted to CSULA about a week ago, but still haven’t heard anything from CSULB . Does anyone know how long CSULB takes ,?

Did you apply to the 2 year or 3 year for csula?