Oddly, I haven't managed to find a SAIS thread for the regular term, for which acceptances were sent out yesterday, March 9th.

I was accepted to the MA program with a 35k Dean's scholarship for year 1. Woohoo! 

Has anyone heard about how funding is determined for year 2? Did anyone receive funding that was guaranteed for both years? 

51 minutes ago, blufferfish said:

Oddly, I haven't managed to find a SAIS thread for the regular term, for which acceptances were sent out yesterday, March 9th.

I was accepted to the MA program with a 35k Dean's scholarship for year 1. Woohoo! 

Has anyone heard about how funding is determined for year 2? Did anyone receive funding that was guaranteed for both years? 

I think I read that it said it’s renewable as long as your gpa is 3.4 and above

50 minutes ago, blufferfish said:

First of all, congrats!! I'm one of the early admits and someone from that group confirmed w/ financial aid that funding offers are renewed for the second year as long as the student remains in good academic standing. 

I was curious about funding for the second year too and if you click on the link in the email to read the terms and conditions of your funding, there is a message on the Awards page that says that scholarships are renewable for the second year provided that students "maintain the academic standard" and full-time enrollment requirement. 

I was super excited to read this because I got $45k in fellowships! I'm a bit hesitant about starting in Bologna but I think the funding might make up for it. 

1 hour ago, Priyanka Roche said:

Hi, I've been accepted too for the M.A program, Fall 2018. Need to scramble to cover up for the tuition fees. No scholarship. Has anyone found a legit group of admitted students. Any leads would be appreciated.

Hi Priyanka, is it possible you can share your profile with us? Id love to know where I stand!

1 hour ago, Priyanka Roche said:

Hi, I've been accepted too for the M.A program, Fall 2018. Need to scramble to cover up for the tuition fees. No scholarship. Has anyone found a legit group of admitted students. Any leads would be appreciated.

Me too, congrats!! I haven't found a "legit group" yet like facebook or anything, this would be the closest to it. Do you plan on going down for admitted students day? Seems like that's probably the best way to connect with admitted students.

There is an admitted students Facebook page. The early admits got invites via email shortly after decisions were released - the next day if I'm remembering correctly. 

Hey, all! 

I was admitted into the MA program as well in Bologna, but no funding. Waiting to hear back from Fletcher, but as of right now trying to choose between SAIS and the GHD program at Georgetown. Both seem like amazing programs and focused on setting students up with jobs post grad. I received funding from Georgetown but none from SAIS. Have you all decided on SAIS for sure? 

1 hour ago, Ducky91 said:

Have you all decided on SAIS for sure? 

I received a full tuition offer, so I am nearly certain that I will be going to SAIS. 

7 minutes ago, Poli92 said:

I received a full tuition offer, so I am nearly certain that I will be going to SAIS. 

Oh my goodness, congratulations! Getting full funding for an MA is ridiculously hard, especially fo a top program like yours.

I'm out of reactions so consider this a love react.

Edited by lackey
Reacs

3 minutes ago, Poli92 said:

@lackey, thanks! I am over the moon about the offer. SAIS has been my top choice program for awhile. 

I put myself in a pickle for funding (being without FT work experience will do that). Basically Princeton or bust for substantial $$$$. LOL hopefully I will have your luck.

4 minutes ago, lackey said:

I put myself in a pickle for funding (being without FT work experience will do that). Basically Princeton or bust for substantial $$$$. LOL hopefully I will have your luck.

I actually first did grad school apps straight out of undergrad, got into multiple programs, and got no funding. I opted to wait and work. I really can't overstate how much I gained from working for a couple of years. I think too many people look at passing up offers in order to work as a sign of defeat, but I personally couldn't stomach the debt. 

4 minutes ago, Ducky91 said:

@Poli92 seconded, that's amazing! Congratulations! SAIS was definitely one of my top choices, but no funding makes the decision a lot harder. Are you in the Bologna program or DC? I'm very torn between the two programs at the moment. 

I am doing the DC program. I am already in the area and I like the idea of sticking around. 

8 minutes ago, Poli92 said:

I actually first did grad school apps straight out of undergrad, got into multiple programs, and got no funding. I opted to wait and work. I really can't overstate how much I gained from working for a couple of years. I think too many people look at passing up offers in order to work as a sign of defeat, but I personally couldn't stomach the debt. 

I am doing the DC program. I am already in the area and I like the idea of sticking around. 

Good to know. I may look into the jobs search (a bit late) if WWS doesn't come through.

I was accepted to Bologna with 20k funding!

Due to my unrelated background and not having taken Micro/Macro, I knew all of my  schools were a long shot, so to be accepted to a top school like this at all is exciting, but getting funding at one is even crazier. Plus they will let you keep the money if you defer, which is a relief since I'm a Fulbright ETA semi-finalist! From what I read above they have some attractive funding-related policies overall. @Ducky91 I'm also waiting to hear from Fletcher but I've learned from this weekend to not be too optimistic.

1 hour ago, marcoboy1818 said:

Congrats guys!

I am wondering if I request for a defer, can I still keep my fellowships in Bologna campus??? I know it says you can on the website, but sometimes Bologna has different policy.

Cheers,

Oh no.....I hope so!

39 minutes ago, ayasofaya said:

Oh no.....I hope so!

Shall I write an email to them to ask. I know DC's policy for fellowship is that if you are admitted in the early round, you will automatically receive at least half tuition. But Europe campus don't guarantee the fellowship.