SJSU MSW Applicants

2 hours ago, kelseyk said:

Hi Everyone! 

I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm totally stressing about when they'll let me know! I got into San Diego State's MSW program and I've been holding off on accepting my internship there because I want to hear from SJSU. Does anyone know their acceptance rate? I've been trying to find it online and haven't been successful. 

Hi Kelsey! I don’t have any news for you but I saw your post and I’m in the exact same spot! Waiting for SJ todecide before I commit to my SD internship. When did you apply to SJSU? It’s so strange because SDSU is ranked much higher than SJSU. 

I received an email to check MYSJSU and my application status is unchanged but my financial aid award is confirmed. I'm not sure what to think, I'm cautiously optimistic. Did this happen to anyone else?

9 hours ago, BananaSlug4MSW said:

Congrats! :D Would you mind sharing your stats?

My overall GPA is not very good, 2.5, I had some struggles early on in undergrad before I decided on a major. My GPA for my last 60 units is 3.8. I went to San Jose State as an undergrad and graduated with a B.A. in Social Work about 10 years ago. My experience includes my undergrad internship which was an academic year long, worked not quite a year at a group home and then at an agency providing services to people with developmental disabilities. I have some volunteer experience too. I worked other various jobs and then three years ago started working for Santa Clara County in the Social Services Agency as an Eligibility Worker. I also overcame some challenges that I detailed in my personal statement, not just what I went through but how I overcame the challenge and what I learned. My recommendations came from my present and past supervisors at my current workplace, as it has been a long time since I was in school. Sorry if this is more detail than you asked for, lol! I feel like I needed to add some context.

Edited by Guest
Adding a Thank you!