WashU '22

AspiringAuD

Hi there!! I am most likely attending WUSTL this fall! Did your acceptance letter state that the deadline to respond was April 6th? Mine does, but I think most other schools are using the April 15th deadline!

On 3/15/2018 at 9:27 PM, mayag said:

Hi there!! I am most likely attending WUSTL this fall! Did your acceptance letter state that the deadline to respond was April 6th? Mine does, but I think most other schools are using the April 15th deadline!

Yes, it does! I have seen April 15th for all others, so this one is just a tad earlier. So excited to hear you may attend!!! :) 

On 3/15/2018 at 10:39 PM, GraceAudiology said:

I am torn between WashU and one other program! Do you know if there is a page for admitted students yet?

I keep searching but have not been able to find a page yet! You're both more than welcome to add me - https://www.facebook.com/tylar.mcdaniel - and then maybe we can create a page soon? 

I'm not audiology nor will I be attending WashU, but I will be attending Fontbonne as a speech path student! Fontbonne is literally down the street from WashU, so I thought it might be cool to connect with audiology students. I will be new to St. Louis, so thought it would be nice to talk about that with others :) Best of luck to you all! 

On 3/21/2018 at 4:07 PM, speechpathy said:

I'm not audiology nor will I be attending WashU, but I will be attending Fontbonne as a speech path student! Fontbonne is literally down the street from Wash U, so I thought it might be cool to connect with audiology students. I will be new to St. Louis, so thought it would be nice to talk about that with others :) Best of luck to you all! 

Congratulations!! I will be new to St. Louis as well (moving from Colorado). Do you know which area you'll be living in? 

1 hour ago, AspiringAuD said:

Congratulations!! I will be new to St. Louis as well (moving from Colorado). Do you know which area you'll be living in? 

Not sure yet! Do you know yet? I live two hours away, so pretty familiar with St. Louis in general, but don't know where to live. 

On 3/21/2018 at 6:00 PM, speechpathy said:

Not sure yet! Do you know yet? I live two hours away, so pretty familiar with St. Louis in general, but don't know where to live. 

I’ve spoken to a WashU student and was told that the Central West End area is quite nice and a popular spot for grad students!

On 3/21/2018 at 9:03 PM, mayag said:

I’ve spoken to a WashU student and was told that the Central West End area is quite nice and a popular spot for grad students!

Okay, I will check that out. I've been doing so many apt searches and just trying to find the best option out there with a short commute. 

@mayag @speechpathy A coworker of mine is from St. Louis and she suggested Central West End as well! She also recommended driving by apartments at night to make sure it still feels safe and comfortable (which I probably wouldn't have thought to do). @mayag what other schools did you apply to? 

4 hours ago, AspiringAuD said:

@mayag @speechpathy A coworker of mine is from St. Louis and she suggested Central West End as well! She also recommended driving by apartments at night to make sure it still feels safe and comfortable (which I probably wouldn't have thought to do). @mayag what other schools did you apply to? 

Okay, I will definitely look at Central West End then. After looking at pictures it looks pretty nice. That's a good idea! I will probably go around next week looking at places since it's spring break. 

On 3/22/2018 at 8:25 AM, AspiringAuD said:

@AspiringAuD I applied to 8 schools total... haha I think I went overboard, but I was anxious about not getting in anywhere! I applied to UW, WashU, CU Boulder, ASU, University of Arizona, Pacific University, SDSU/UCSD, and AT Still University! What about you? I’m now trying to choose between WashU and the University of Arizona! Not sure if anyone here applied to UW, but I was super bummed to find out that they closed their program :( 

Also, great tip about driving around the apartments at night. I definitely wouldn’t have thought of that. 

@mayag I completely understand!! I originally planned on applying to 10 for that same reason haha, but ended up narrowing it down to 5 because of the application fees. WUSTL was actually #1 on my list and the only program I was accepted to (I was waitlisted everywhere else).

@AspiringAuD WashU was at the top of my list along with CU Boulder and UW.  I was super lucky to get into WashU too— most of my other programs waitlisted me! Did you do a phone/in person interview with them? 

@mayag Congrats on getting in!! It really is such a huge accomplishment to be accepted. I went to CU for my undergrad! Also an amazing school, but sooo expensive. I guess most AuD programs are haha. I flew out to WashU in October, and I honestly feel like that was a big reason for my acceptance. Did you visit or have a call with them? 

On 3/26/2018 at 2:13 PM, AspiringAuD said:

@mayag Congrats on getting in!! It really is such a huge accomplishment to be accepted. I went to CU for my undergrad! Also an amazing school, but sooo expensive. I guess most AuD programs are haha. I flew out to WashU in October, and I honestly feel like that was a big reason for my acceptance. Did you visit or have a call with them? 

Congrats to you too!!! Yeah, I’ve heard that the cost of living in Boulder is pretty high. That’s awesome that you went to CU, I’ve always wanted to visit the area. I had a phone interview with WashU and I think that had a lot to do with my acceptance. I’m also visiting campus during the first week of April and I’m excited! I look forward to meeting you if we both end up there :)

On 3/26/2018 at 6:21 PM, mayag said:

Congrats to you too!!! Yeah, I’ve heard that the cost of living in Boulder is pretty high. That’s awesome that you went to CU, I’ve always wanted to visit the area. I had a phone interview with WashU and I think that had a lot to do with my acceptance. I’m also visiting campus during the first week of April and I’m excited! I look forward to meeting you if we both end up there :)

Oh, fun!! The campus is pretty cool and the PACS building is amazing, I hope you enjoy your time there! The faculty and students are also incredibly friendly and welcoming, which to me made a huge impact. I look forward to meeting you too if you decide to attend :D

• Warelin changed the title to WashU '22