I am getting grumpy since I have been waiting for the final result for almost 1 month

Lucy22

@Psygeek

Hmmm..

For me, it took almost 7 days  ( including a weekend) to get a reply from a coordinator. At least, you don't get rejected. Let's be hopeful albeit waiting gives us a devil time. It would be better if you live in DC. Hmmm. Yes. It is not fun. Oh? Did you contact a director? 

@Lucy22 We'd be having so much food if I lived around

Emailed the admission administrative assistant (aka the person they put on the webpage as whom to contact) who told me they're not done with decisions yet basically and told me to contact my POI if I need to know now. So I think I'll just wait a little bit more. 

Edited by Psygeek

@psygeek

Hmmm. That is too much. ..

Hmmmm. I will leave some comments tomorrow. Its almost 12ish. Albeit I don't want to go to work, I have to. Haha. Have a good night. At least we haven't been rejected YET! 

Hey, while we're at it... what's with NYU Creative Writing MFA finishing with acceptances like 2 weeks ago and not sending their rejection letters out??? I'm on the edge of my seat, waiting for my official 0/4 final tally for the year. I JUST WANT IT TO END.

@exvat

Yes. I also want it to end. However, the other part of me is still afraid that I might get rejected . I really don’t want to see my efforts for the application go down the drain as others.

Time shows everything but this waiting game is giving me a devil time. I assume that reading cartoons might be helpful. Or sleeping. Just in my opinion. Let’s hang in there.  

I am going to see lots of Marvel studios movies.

@Lucy22 I do! I have very broad interests haha. But now I just spend my time writing articles/proposals (for publication yaay) and learning new statistics :') Need to keep my head in the research game one way or another.

@Bluflmngo1

Hello! I don't have nay special plan on Friday. going to Costco? and...contacting a professor at Boston College in order to ask some advice? I don't know. How about you? I am sorry about this late reply. Due to despondency, it was not easy to visit this website. 

@Psygeek

Thank you for cheering up. It was not easy to log in this website for past a few days. I am sorry. Did you get an email regarding the final decision? 

@Lucy22 Just another rejection from another school. No news yet from my top choice and the place I interviewed. The rejection really stung, although expected and I'm superdown about it today. I feel like doing a PhD this year is slipping through my fingers more and more each day. Objectively, it doesn't make sense because the POI probably already made the decision anyway. But well, it's almost April so it shouldn't take too long. I just wake up everyday feeling hopeful (I'm 13 hrs ahead in time, so decisions should be made when I'm sleeping), and then nothing. Today I woke up to the rejection of the other school. It's controlling my life and I'm being obsessive. I just want it to finish. An admit or rejection or waitlist, I want to know what I"m up to ;_;

*end rant*

How have you been holding up? 

I feel you, I am still waiting and we're almost in April this is crazy ! I am waitlisted for a university and waiting on that but there is another one that simply has not contacted me since I applied in december. By now they really should know if I am waitlisted or not, they could at least send an email !

@Psygeek

Hey! hmm. I am sorry to hear that. I am trying to hang in there. That is only one thing I can do as we know. I am going to contact other professors in order to look for a good fit with what I am interested in academically. The problem is that I don't know what I am looking for academically. Only one thing I know is that I love the education field and students. 

Yes. It is not easy.

Losing hope is fine but please don't lose your courage. Sometimes courage is necessary when we lost hope. ( Someone told me like that) 

Keep looking. Don't settle ( I love Steve Job''s speech ) doo22ya@gmail.com

Please email me when you feel somewhat depressed. I don't visit this website often. I am going to keep looking. Let's hang in there albeit it is not easy.