Jump to content
Hotmess4life

CALIFORNIA SCHOOLS- WAITING!!!

Recommended Posts

Heard back from UCSD (pending funding). I know UCs tend to run late though. Already heard back from San Jose, but that was through Professor correspondence and not an official notice from the department.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just applied two California schools -- UCSC & USC, and both of them are in the silence. Maybe they have not decided yet or maybe they already put me into the waitlist automatically, I thought.:wacko:

Edited by Wayyyne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still waiting to hear back from UCSB and UCI!!!! Getting so damn anxious... but hoping that since I haven't gotten rejected yet it's a good sign?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UCSB student chiming in - I think it depends on the department, but we were all affected by the fire in December and mudslides in January, so our winter quarter started a week late. Everyone has generally been more frazzled than usual for the past few months since the already-short quarter was truncated by a week. So if you're still waiting to hear from UCSB, don't give up hope quite yet! It's very possible that some departments are still working through applications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied to three California schools and have heard back from all three: UCLA (3/17), Caltech (2/26), and Stanford (1/18).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@abnormalcluster I definitely intend on a career in CA (or west coast since I applied to west coast schools) simply because I study oceanography AND I am way more interested in Pacific Ocean dynamics/ecosystems than the east coast. BUT that is simply me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@abnormalcluster Since my field of study is Computer Engineering/Sciences, being in California would be a great opportunity to make some networking and get a job. Another point that motivates me to apply for schools in California is that I went to UCSB as an exchange student during undergrad and I really enjoyed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, orangeorc said:

Heard back from my department at UCLA, but still no word from the graduate division or about funding (if any). 

Which program? I have applied for D.Env, had 3 interviews in the middle of the night but I haven't heard from them yet, it's been almost a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied to 2 schools in California. I got an offer from UC Davis, but I haven't heard back from UCLA yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting on Cal Poly. Not too hopeful but still waiting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting to hear back from SDSU. Last week they said "next week" and I'm starting to think "next week" will mean next month :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard from Irvine three weeks ago. But, yeah it is pretty department specific on timelines I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied to SFSU's English Lit MA program Feb 1st, and since we're approaching the 7 week mark I finally nudged someone via email. Apparently it's midterm/spring break season, which is why they haven't sent much out as of yet. I'm pretty sure most CSU's follow a similar schedule, so if you're still waiting don't despair! They haven't forgotten about you. She said I should be hearing back within a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contacted my POI at UCSB (my first choice) today, his response was "Have you heard anything at all? I will also check when I get back to town later this week." 

I will take that as a rather positive answer given that we are almost in April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how to feel about not hearing back from SDSU yet. I called for a status update and was told I should be contacted this week. By default, I think I've been rejected; however, I wonder if it's possible that I'm low on a waitlist, so they're not going to say anything until they have a better idea (presumably rejection). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.