Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

Guest Clickingrefresh
10 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

Trying to sort through the Yale drama to figure out results for my own programs............................... LMAO. Wth?!

"THEY ARE MY OFFERS" really took me out. LMFAO. ?

Seriously, wtf is going on?! 

But also the part when they referred to everyone calling them out as "second choice losers"... I died lmao. Definitely a troll. 

1 minute ago, Clickingrefresh said:

But also the part when they referred to everyone calling them out as "second choice losers"... I died lmao. Definitely a troll. 

My conspiracy theory is that whoever really did get accepted into TM's lab has an anonymous hater who is trying to ruin their life by pretending to be them lol

18 hours ago, Surfinnyc said:

Anyone hear anything from Rutgers Clinical Psych Phd program after interviews?

I haven't heard back yet but saw somebody posted that they already received a rejection email. I want to know who the P.I. was.

21 minutes ago, buckeyepsych said:

My conspiracy theory is that whoever really did get accepted into TM's lab has an anonymous hater who is trying to ruin their life by pretending to be them lol

Hoping it is a troll, because the latest is that someone said they took screenshots of all the comments that person left and may send them to TM. ?

17 minutes ago, TheEternalGrad said:

Hoping it is a troll, because the latest is that someone said they took screenshots of all the comments that person left and may send them to TM. ?

The latest is also that she's a troll who is a freshman in undergrad.

The scariest thing is I can't tell if it's one person who posted all of those things... or if someone legitimately posted the first response and then other trolls are pretending to be her lol.

Drama on GC, the highlight of my Friday.

43 minutes ago, Clickingrefresh said:

LMAO

40 minutes ago, buckeyepsych said:

The only plot twist, you may be onto something here ?

5 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

The latest is also that she's a troll who is a freshman in undergrad.

The scariest thing is I can't tell if it's one person who posted all of those things... or if someone legitimately posted the first response and then other trolls are pretending to be her lol.

Drama on GC, the highlight of my Friday.

If it is legit the person should definitely NOT go into clinical psych...imagine having a therapy session with someone so narcissistic? Oooph. 

9 minutes ago, SSXX said:

May I ask if someone has heard back from Cornell University's psychology program? thank you!

I think their interview weekend was either last weekend or this weekend, so they will probably send everything out soon. 

Guest Clickingrefresh
Just now, LeeLeetoPhD said:

Wait...I need the tea. I just got my officail Yale rejection letter lol.  

Check out the results page for clinical psychology! W I L D. 

Hey all!

Just thought I'd share my good news. I applied to 6 schools this cycle, received official rejections from 2 schools, and expecting the other 4 to all be rejections as well since I've had no interview requests. I started applying to lab manager/lab coordinator positions and I've already gotten 2 interviews so far! I haven't officially gotten the jobs but I feel so much better after not getting any interview invites prior. I really thought my application wasn't good enough and honestly debated giving up on ever going to grad school, but just getting these interviews have really made me more excited and I'm definitely gonna work on my apps and try again next year!

4 minutes ago, socneuro said:

Hey all!

Just thought I'd share my good news. I applied to 6 schools this cycle, received official rejections from 2 schools, and expecting the other 4 to all be rejections as well since I've had no interview requests. I started applying to lab manager/lab coordinator positions and I've already gotten 2 interviews so far! I haven't officially gotten the jobs but I feel so much better after not getting any interview invites prior. I really thought my application wasn't good enough and honestly debated giving up on ever going to grad school, but just getting these interviews have really made me more excited and I'm definitely gonna work on my apps and try again next year!

Getting more research experience is always a good idea! Some research jobs require a minimum of 2 year commitment so I would recommend asking about that during your interviews. Of course word it in a way that doesn't seem like you'll peace out ASAP. I've always found working in a research position really helps to hone your interests and makes you seem like that much more of a serious candidate in the future. Good luck!

3 minutes ago, socneuro said:

Hey all!

The application process is very competitive and the probability of getting accepted is so low so try not to get discouraged. Many of the post docs I have spoken to applied two or three years in a row before finally getting accepted. I, too, have received two rejections so far and am not so optimistic this cycle but it is super important to not let these rejections affect our self worth. I am happy you have been getting positive feedback about lab manager positions. A post doc I know said doing a year as a lab manager really helped him get accepted the second time around. Good luck ? 

1 hour ago, WaitingImpatiently2 said:

Has anyone heard anything from the University of Tennessee, University of South Carolina, or Florida State? Interviews were three weeks ago. 

I didn't hear anything from Florida State, but checked the portal and my rejection letter was posted on 1/29. This is the only school who didn't even send a generic email saying to check the portal. Very disappointed in their process.