Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

2 hours ago, higaisha said:

Anyone sending their POIs an email after they submit? Last time I was in contact with most was in August, think it'd be nice to remind them to keep an eye out for my app.

I did and all of them responded back with a thanks with an update! or looking forward to reviewing it! 

so I think it won't hurt. personally, I think it adds a human touch.

5 hours ago, higaisha said:

Anyone sending their POIs an email after they submit? Last time I was in contact with most was in August, think it'd be nice to remind them to keep an eye out for my app.

I would reccommend this. A lot can change since you’ve talked to them last, so my PI usually wants to hear from applicants then forwards the email to us. We usually thank the applicant as a lab for their interest and offer to answer any questions they have.

41 minutes ago, philopsych said:

hahaha this will be me tomorrow since one of my schools gave out interview offers on the 3rd last year.

wow thats fast :') 

I was convinced I was rejected from my nr 1 school, but they send out an invite on Feb 7th :')

I was minding my own business working on my laptop when an e-mail about an application status update came up, and I had a mini heart attack thinking the program rejected me so quickly... Turns out the "update" was that my application is now under review. I think I'm going to log off my e-mail ?

8 minutes ago, justacigar said:

Just realized that for the next few months, my heart is going to skip like five beats when an unknown caller pops up on my phone screen! Extra skips if it's from an outside area code! Eeek

This!! It happened to me today! And it was a colleague from work....... looking for me because I was not in my office  ? lol

5 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

This!! It happened to me today! And it was a colleague from work....... looking for me because I was not in my office  ? lol

6 minutes ago, philopsych said:

That actually happened to me today. I freaked out!...it was a telemarketer.

It happened to me too! It was the gas company saying my power might be out -_- thanks for the heart attack, guys. Had to remind myself it'll likely be weeks before I need to worry about any schools calling, lol

So I had originally sent my transcripts to a school in October but they said they didn't receive so two days before the deadline I sent it again. It should be arriving soon but graduate admissions told me that my application may or may not be reviewed. Nervous because its my top choice! and frustrated because it wasn't my fault since I had everything sent well before the deadline. Any thoughts/comments/advice? 

1 hour ago, justacigar said:

Just realized that for the next few months, my heart is going to skip like five beats when an unknown caller pops up on my phone screen! Extra skips if it's from an outside area code! Eeek

Right now I can't receive calls on my cell nor does my voicemail work so I am scrambling to get that remedied. At least they all know I have an email address!

2 hours ago, psychhealth101 said:

So I had originally sent my transcripts to a school in October but they said they didn't receive so two days before the deadline I sent it again. It should be arriving soon but graduate admissions told me that my application may or may not be reviewed. Nervous because its my top choice! and frustrated because it wasn't my fault since I had everything sent well before the deadline. Any thoughts/comments/advice? 

I had this happen with a form that I sent to my rec letter writers months in advance and they did not submit them on time and the admission told me that exact thing. Basically had a breakdown about it today, thinking my app may not be reviewed. Lots of tears but in the end just have to have faith it will all work out the way it is supposed to, even if you did all you could. Keep your head up!

2 hours ago, psychhealth101 said:

I had to do this too for one of my schools. I finally emailed the school to see why they haven't been getting my transcript. They have my community college one but unfortunately not the one from my current institution.

3 hours ago, justacigar said:

This is the first time I actually have to answer unknown calls. I so rarely get calls from unknowns that aren't telemarketers that I usually just don't answer. Seriously hope I don't accidentally not answer a call from admissions 

4 hours ago, DevelopingThoughts said:

Posted this on the results page, but got an email from Yale for a skype interview!

Wow congrats!!! Good luck with the interview!!! Which program did you apply to?