Jump to content
dancedementia

Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Bd2018 said:

Does anyone know when Berkeley will send out invites??

Wondering the same. They sent them out on 12/20 last year. But they pushed their deadline back a week this year last minute so I'm not sure if this effects things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got an awk distribution of GRE scores - 169 Verbal, 160 Quant, 5.5 AW. I'm applying mainly to PsyD programs but the %tile disparity b/w the two is 99th vs 74th so idk how that reflects.

For the person asking about typical notification/interview dates, you can browse past results on the GradCafe results page to get a general gauge of when you can expect them :) I was super panicked I wasn't getting any info but then I checked and most of my schools notify in late Jan, so whew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nebulousmilk said:

Same, definitely only read the part that showed up on the notifications section of my phone and thought it was a mass rejection -_-

Yup! Skimmed and saw “unfortunately” ... This process is so stressful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dancedementia said:

I've got an awk distribution of GRE scores - 169 Verbal, 160 Quant, 5.5 AW. I'm applying mainly to PsyD programs but the %tile disparity b/w the two is 99th vs 74th so idk how that reflects.

For the person asking about typical notification/interview dates, you can browse past results on the GradCafe results page to get a general gauge of when you can expect them :) I was super panicked I wasn't getting any info but then I checked and most of my schools notify in late Jan, so whew.

Your GRE scores are great. Good job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes! I'd also like to know who the POI is for the Ohio State poster. I applied for dual clinical and IDD (intellectual & developmental disabilities) degrees. I'm not sure if they'll consider duals applicants together with the clinical folk or if they'll consider for both programs in tandem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

School: Ohio University

Type: PhD

Date of Invite: Dec. 17, 2018

Type of invite: Email from PI for phone or Skype interview

Interview date(s): 12/20 or 12/21

 

 

School: University of Kentucky

Type: PhD

Date of Invite: Dec. 18, 2018

Type of invite: Mass Email from Department

Interview date(s): Jan. 24-25th

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, clynclinical said:

School: Ohio University

Type: PhD

Date of Invite: Dec. 17, 2018

Type of invite: Email from PI for phone or Skype interview

Interview date(s): 12/20 or 12/21

 

 

School: University of Kentucky

Type: PhD

Date of Invite: Dec. 18, 2018

Type of invite: Mass Email from Department

Interview date(s): Jan. 24-25th

 

 

Hi! Would you mind sharing the initials for your PI if you feel comfortable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ASDadvocate said:

Hi! Would you mind sharing the initials for your PI if you feel comfortable?

Of course! Ohio University PI: BW

For UK, they are not accepting to labs, just to the department. They do determine a mentor for you though based on interests expressed and interactions at the formal interview. I applied to work with MM. Hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a google doc of some compiled interview/acceptance/rejection data, all in one place. Feel free to add your own data or to just stalk like me ;) 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hJFI7od93wXNHfLiUl0pv4lPUsueRmVg_6N85xgFQd8/edit?usp=sharing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, mwood126 said:

This is a google doc of some compiled interview/acceptance/rejection data, all in one place. Feel free to add your own data or to just stalk like me ;) 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hJFI7od93wXNHfLiUl0pv4lPUsueRmVg_6N85xgFQd8/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you! Who started this??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, clynclinical said:

Of course! Ohio University PI: BW

For UK, they are not accepting to labs, just to the department. They do determine a mentor for you though based on interests expressed and interactions at the formal interview. I applied to work with MM. Hope this helps!

Thank you! And good luck on your interviews!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ASDadvocate said:

Thank you! Who started this??

I have no idea! I think I found it in another thread. I took it upon myself to do some formatting and share with all the main boards so we can get some decent data :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, all of you guys getting official interview invites already and almost all of my programs have historically made offers in the first week of January (and no one's heard from the one that makes offers this week). Knowing you have go to through the holidays waiting is almost as bad as getting rejected right off the bat! I just wish I had at least one formal invite in my back pocket. Can anyone commiserate? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, rainydaychai said:

Ugh, all of you guys getting official interview invites already and almost all of my programs have historically made offers in the first week of January (and no one's heard from the one that makes offers this week). Knowing you have go to through the holidays waiting is almost as bad as getting rejected right off the bat! I just wish I had at least one formal invite in my back pocket. Can anyone commiserate? 

YES. But it hasn’t stopped me from obsessively checking my email in hopes I get a formal invite for Christmas 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rainydaychai said:

Ugh, all of you guys getting official interview invites already and almost all of my programs have historically made offers in the first week of January (and no one's heard from the one that makes offers this week). Knowing you have go to through the holidays waiting is almost as bad as getting rejected right off the bat! I just wish I had at least one formal invite in my back pocket. Can anyone commiserate? 

I can so relate to this! Only 7 more days for any grad program to give me the best Christmas present ever - starting to give up on that one though. I know it’s still early to lose all hope since social depts just started reviewing apps but I’m second guessing everything in my app like what if X wasn’t good enough?? I hate this waiting game!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, 

I know UCLA has already sent interview invitations for social psych. Does anyone have idea if they’ve sent invitation for health psych? Or is there anyone applying for health psychology program at UCLA? Thanks!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After worrying about my Stanford app, I had my official transcripts sent yesterday. I got notified that they opened them about an hour ago and now my application says complete, although it only says my unofficial transcripts have been uploaded. So who knows, but either way, I’m glad it says complete!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.