Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

I've got an awk distribution of GRE scores - 169 Verbal, 160 Quant, 5.5 AW. I'm applying mainly to PsyD programs but the %tile disparity b/w the two is 99th vs 74th so idk how that reflects.

For the person asking about typical notification/interview dates, you can browse past results on the GradCafe results page to get a general gauge of when you can expect them :) I was super panicked I wasn't getting any info but then I checked and most of my schools notify in late Jan, so whew.

4 hours ago, dancedementia said:

I've got an awk distribution of GRE scores - 169 Verbal, 160 Quant, 5.5 AW. I'm applying mainly to PsyD programs but the %tile disparity b/w the two is 99th vs 74th so idk how that reflects.

For the person asking about typical notification/interview dates, you can browse past results on the GradCafe results page to get a general gauge of when you can expect them :) I was super panicked I wasn't getting any info but then I checked and most of my schools notify in late Jan, so whew.

Your GRE scores are great. Good job!

Yes! I'd also like to know who the POI is for the Ohio State poster. I applied for dual clinical and IDD (intellectual & developmental disabilities) degrees. I'm not sure if they'll consider duals applicants together with the clinical folk or if they'll consider for both programs in tandem. 

School: Ohio University

Type: PhD

Date of Invite: Dec. 17, 2018

Type of invite: Email from PI for phone or Skype interview

Interview date(s): 12/20 or 12/21

School: University of Kentucky

Date of Invite: Dec. 18, 2018

Type of invite: Mass Email from Department

Interview date(s): Jan. 24-25th

16 minutes ago, clynclinical said:

School: Ohio University

Date of Invite: Dec. 17, 2018

Type of invite: Email from PI for phone or Skype interview

Interview date(s): 12/20 or 12/21

School: University of Kentucky

Date of Invite: Dec. 18, 2018

Type of invite: Mass Email from Department

Interview date(s): Jan. 24-25th

Hi! Would you mind sharing the initials for your PI if you feel comfortable?

49 minutes ago, ASDadvocate said:

Hi! Would you mind sharing the initials for your PI if you feel comfortable?

Of course! Ohio University PI: BW

For UK, they are not accepting to labs, just to the department. They do determine a mentor for you though based on interests expressed and interactions at the formal interview. I applied to work with MM. Hope this helps!

This is a google doc of some compiled interview/acceptance/rejection data, all in one place. Feel free to add your own data or to just stalk like me ;) 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hJFI7od93wXNHfLiUl0pv4lPUsueRmVg_6N85xgFQd8/edit?usp=sharing

50 minutes ago, mwood126 said:

This is a google doc of some compiled interview/acceptance/rejection data, all in one place. Feel free to add your own data or to just stalk like me ;) 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hJFI7od93wXNHfLiUl0pv4lPUsueRmVg_6N85xgFQd8/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you! Who started this??

59 minutes ago, clynclinical said:

Of course! Ohio University PI: BW

For UK, they are not accepting to labs, just to the department. They do determine a mentor for you though based on interests expressed and interactions at the formal interview. I applied to work with MM. Hope this helps!

Thank you! And good luck on your interviews!

Ugh, all of you guys getting official interview invites already and almost all of my programs have historically made offers in the first week of January (and no one's heard from the one that makes offers this week). Knowing you have go to through the holidays waiting is almost as bad as getting rejected right off the bat! I just wish I had at least one formal invite in my back pocket. Can anyone commiserate? 

14 minutes ago, rainydaychai said:

Ugh, all of you guys getting official interview invites already and almost all of my programs have historically made offers in the first week of January (and no one's heard from the one that makes offers this week). Knowing you have go to through the holidays waiting is almost as bad as getting rejected right off the bat! I just wish I had at least one formal invite in my back pocket. Can anyone commiserate? 

YES. But it hasn’t stopped me from obsessively checking my email in hopes I get a formal invite for Christmas ?

15 minutes ago, rainydaychai said:

I can so relate to this! Only 7 more days for any grad program to give me the best Christmas present ever - starting to give up on that one though. I know it’s still early to lose all hope since social depts just started reviewing apps but I’m second guessing everything in my app like what if X wasn’t good enough?? I hate this waiting game!!

Hi everyone, 

I know UCLA has already sent interview invitations for social psych. Does anyone have idea if they’ve sent invitation for health psych? Or is there anyone applying for health psychology program at UCLA? Thanks!  

After worrying about my Stanford app, I had my official transcripts sent yesterday. I got notified that they opened them about an hour ago and now my application says complete, although it only says my unofficial transcripts have been uploaded. So who knows, but either way, I’m glad it says complete!