Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

Congrats to everyone hearing back from UF!  I didn't get an email so I'm assuming rejection...oh well!

59 minutes ago, mwood126 said:

Congratulations! That is an awesome school. I'm still waiting to hear back from my PI in the Child track ?

In the same boat as you-hoping for good news for the both of us!

5 minutes ago, Gradphd123 said:

I have received this from one of my schools. Is this a good, bad  or neutral sign?

"Your application has been reviewed and is awaiting a final evaluation by the Graduate Chair."

The name of the school  is purposefully left out for now.

I'd say neutral, sounds like a general email letting you know the review process is continuing. But possibly positive given that it has made it to the chair? 

6 minutes ago, Gradphd123 said:

I have received this from one of my schools. Is this a good, bad  or neutral sign?

"Your application has been reviewed and is awaiting a final evaluation by the Graduate Chair."

The name of the school  is purposefully left out for now.

I'd say this is neutral! 

22 minutes ago, Doc2016 said:

This is ridiculous.  I went through old results to see when all my schools traditionally send invites.  Other than the one that already rejected me, none send invitations until last week in Dec, early Jan.  Yet all I can do is obsess and check my email and these boards to see if anything happens.  I mean, it is HIGHLY unlikely that something will come through before Christmas.  But still...   ugh, this process. 

I feel you. I'm starting to doubt myself so much and am becoming slightly pessimistic about reapplying. Worried that I'll put in additional time and effort any nothing will come of it. So stressful! All we need is one acceptance! We can do it!

2 minutes ago, Steph93 said:

Got an email this Tuesday from Ohio State University (Clinical Psychology) to attend interviews, and today from the University of Florida  (also Clinical Psych) to attend interviews!

Would you please DM me your PI for Ohio State? I also got an interview at UF! Congratulations and good luck!! 

2 hours ago, Doc2016 said:

This is ridiculous.  I went through old results to see when all my schools traditionally send invites.  Other than the one that already rejected me, none send invitations until last week in Dec, early Jan.  Yet all I can do is obsess and check my email and these boards to see if anything happens.  I mean, it is HIGHLY unlikely that something will come through before Christmas.  But still...   ugh, this process. 

I feel you on this! Most of my schools send invites in January (some of them have deadlines in January so it makes sense haha). I know that I probably won't hear back from any more between now and after the winter break, but that doesn't stop me from compulsively checking my admission portals!

Edited by dancedementia

14 minutes ago, clynclinical said:

Update after phone interview:

School: Ohio University (Clinical)

Type: PhD

Date of Invite: Dec. 20, 2018

Type of invite: Email from PI for phone or Skype interview   Invitation to formal interview day during phone interview

Interview date(s): 2/1 or 2/8

Congrats on the interview!!! I applied to both the experimental and clinical health programs there. If you don't mind, could you PM me the initials of the PI?

37 minutes ago, mm2234 said:

If others have heard back from some programs I applied to, would it look bad/be annoying for me to follow up with admin staff or my POIs asking if I am still being considered? Has anyone else done that?

I might email and ask for an anticipated timeline instead? 

edited to add: I would email admin staff though, not POI

Edited by FreudEgg

32 minutes ago, mm2234 said:

If others have heard back from some programs I applied to, would it look bad/be annoying for me to follow up with admin staff or my POIs asking if I am still being considered? Has anyone else done that?

I wouldn't recommend it personally.. I know it's nerve-wrecking, but this is a crazy time for PIs too and while some PIs may be kind about it, others may find it annoying. I know the professors I've worked with in the past say they don't like and don't respond to emails until they have something to say, at which time they'll be sending emails themselves. I know it's horrible waiting, but we're all in this together! 

12 minutes ago, spookycat said:

I wouldn't recommend it personally.. I know it's nerve-wrecking, but this is a crazy time for PIs too and while some PIs may be kind about it, others may find it annoying. I know the professors I've worked with in the past say they don't like and don't respond to emails until they have something to say, at which time they'll be sending emails themselves. I know it's horrible waiting, but we're all in this together! 

I echo this sentiment I would steer away from emailing them just because it might look bad towards the program you're applying to and they may still be looking at applications and you don't want to look like you're rushing them

Hello all! I'm new here-- applying mostly to developmental programs. I applied to University of Minnesota’s Child Psychology program, Developmental Science Track; wondering if anyone has heard anything from this program? They only have info on the accepted students weekend on their website— but they don’t say anything about interviewing. Also applied to Georgetown’s PhD in Psychology, concentration in human development: anyone hear anything from them? Any info would be most welcome! :)

I thought I’d also share my current interview updates, in case anyone's looking for info on interview dates for these programs: I have interviews for the developmental programs at Missouri (Jan 25), UT Dallas (Jan 31-Feb 1), GMU (Feb 15), ASU (preliminary phone interview), and Notre Dame.

anyone else perpetually refreshing their emails hoping Berkeley will send decisions at the same time they did last year? (aka right now)

/does anyone know when they'll be sending out official invites this year?

7 minutes ago, rl12345 said:

anyone else perpetually refreshing their emails hoping Berkeley will send decisions at the same time they did last year? (aka right now)

/does anyone know when they'll be sending out official invites this year?

Yeah, I've been doing this all day haha. I'm guessing that it will be delayed slightly this year as the application deadline was delayed last minute. 

Hi there!

Has anyone heard back from Princeton? They should have sent the interviews around this time, but there is only one person who put in an interview to the results section, and they marked "other" as the source...

4 hours ago, StatsAddict said:

Hello all! I'm new here-- applying mostly to developmental programs. I applied to University of Minnesota’s Child Psychology program, Developmental Science Track; wondering if anyone has heard anything from this program? They only have info on the accepted students weekend on their website— but they don’t say anything about interviewing. Also applied to Georgetown’s PhD in Psychology, concentration in human development: anyone hear anything from them? Any info would be most welcome! :)

I thought I’d also share my current interview updates, in case anyone's looking for info on interview dates for these programs: I have interviews for the developmental programs at Missouri (Jan 25), UT Dallas (Jan 31-Feb 1), GMU (Feb 15), ASU (preliminary phone interview), and Notre Dame.

Wow, that's a lot! Thanks for sharing! Good luck!