Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

19 minutes ago, HopingForOne said:

If I am looking to get an update on the status of admissions, should I email the admissions office or my POI? 

The program coordinator, if possible. Do not email your POI... it will come off as annoying/pushy.

3 minutes ago, Clinapp2017 said:

The program coordinator, if possible. Do not email your POI... it will come off as annoying/pushy.

Thanks! That's what I thought but my family has all kinds of opinions about this process and they are VERY good at making me second guess my instinct

Has anyone heard from the University of Rhode Island?? I noticed someone posted s/he received an interview invite yesterday...

I would also appreciate any info on University of Missouri-Kansas City, East Carolina University, and University of Massachusetts Boston. 

Thanks guys!

34 minutes ago, Jae7 said:

Has anyone heard from the University of Rhode Island?? I noticed someone posted s/he received an interview invite yesterday...

I would also appreciate any info on University of Missouri-Kansas City, East Carolina University, and University of Massachusetts Boston. 

Thanks guys!

I don’t know which program you’re interested in, but if you search the results page, you should find your answers. I know I saw a lot of posts for U Mass Boston interviews this past week. 

1 minute ago, Psyhopeful said:

I don’t know which program you’re interested in, but if you search the results page, you should find your answers. I know I saw a lot of posts for U Mass Boston interviews this past week. 

My bad...never specified...this whole thing of waiting is messing with my brain.

I applied to the Developmental and Brain Sciences program at UMB (haven't seen anything on the results page) and for the other 3 (URI, ECU, UMKC) it's Clinical Psychology.

Just wondering if anyone has interviewed at UT Southwestern's Clinical Psych program before? I saw a post earlier about someone interviewing for a Nutrition Sciences Masters and said that process was brutal, and I've heard their Clinical PhD interviews are group interviews, so just wondering if anyone has any feedback or advice to help prepare! DMs are also welcome.

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, Psyhopeful said:

5 hours ago, Jae7 said:

My bad...never specified...this whole thing of waiting is messing with my brain.

I applied to the Developmental and Brain Sciences program at UMB (haven't seen anything on the results page) and for the other 3 (URI, ECU, UMKC) it's Clinical Psychology.

There have been exactly three postings for UMass Boston, only two of which were for psych programs. They were both for school psychology. I think you must be confusing this with Boston University. Careful what you’re putting out there?

Im waiting on UMKC for clinical as well, and haven’t seen anything.

2 hours ago, ItsExistential said:

There have been exactly three postings for UMass Boston, only two of which were for psych programs. They were both for school psychology. I think you must be confusing this with Boston University. Careful what you’re putting out there?

Im waiting on UMKC for clinical as well, and haven’t seen anything.

Applied to UMass Boston experimental program, but name differences definitely make this confusing lol

Thank you for the update and I'll keep you posted on UMKC! :)

Just now, FlowerdanceShirley said:

Has anyone apply to Yale Psychology PhD (not clinical) ? I noticed there are a few people who have got the invitations, can you PM me the POI if you are comfortable? Congrats and Thank you! 

Hey! I applied to Yale too (non-Clinical) and am desperate to hear back. The result search freaked me out once I saw that several people had already heard back. Wondering if I should still be hopeful or not. 

Hello all! 

I have a bit of a conundrum. I recently had a Skype interview with a POI and they told me that I would be contacted this past Friday about the interview weekend and whether I was invited (they specifically indicated that I should hear back regardless of whether the news was good or bad). However, it is now midday Monday and I haven't received a single email. Should I be following up and, if so, should I be following up with departmental admissions generally (as opposed to the POI)? 

16 minutes ago, canstudent13 said:

Hello all! 

I have a bit of a conundrum. I recently had a Skype interview with a POI and they told me that I would be contacted this past Friday about the interview weekend and whether I was invited (they specifically indicated that I should hear back regardless of whether the news was good or bad). However, it is now midday Monday and I haven't received a single email. Should I be following up and, if so, should I be following up with departmental admissions generally (as opposed to the POI)? 

If the program is anywhere in the mid-Western US, we just got hit with a record breaking winter storm and tons of places closed early Thursday and Friday due to the storm (and a lot of people have lost power as well).  So if the school is in that area, I would give it to Wednesday before I would expect to hear back (1/3 of my city is still without power so even if POIs are safe at home, they may not have internet to send emails).

7 minutes ago, topsailpsych said:

If the program is anywhere in the mid-Western US, we just got hit with a record breaking winter storm and tons of places closed early Thursday and Friday due to the storm (and a lot of people have lost power as well).  So if the school is in that area, I would give it to Wednesday before I would expect to hear back (1/3 of my city is still without power so even if POIs are safe at home, they may not have internet to send emails).

Yikes. Stay safe!

34 minutes ago, canstudent13 said:

Hello all! 

12 minutes ago, topsailpsych said:

Ditto above, and if you were to email, it would be to your POI :) Good luck!

1 hour ago, dancedementia said:

Yikes. Stay safe!

Thanks!  I've been super lucky.  We never lost power and my street is a priority street so it gets plowed first.  We had family who lost power and came to stay for a couple of days (2 adults, 3 kids and 2 dogs....it was a party) but their power came back on last night and they were able to return home.  Other than shoveling and going sledding at the neighborhood park, I haven't left the house since Friday afternoon and I'm cool with not leaving the house until I have to go back to work tomorrow (presuming the schools re-open by then). :)

20 hours ago, Lucyshoneypie said:

Did anyone hear back from WashU in Saint Louis (WUSTL) for an interview? I've heard that the POI's individually reached out to some, but was the departmental mail sent? I'm specifically interested in the cognitive area, but any info would help. Thanks!

i haven't heard anything!

21 hours ago, Lucyshoneypie said:

Did anyone hear back from WashU in Saint Louis (WUSTL) for an interview? I've heard that the POI's individually reached out to some, but was the departmental mail sent? I'm specifically interested in the cognitive area, but any info would help. Thanks!

Haven’t heard anything either 

On 1/12/2019 at 1:35 PM, Psyhopeful said:

UMass Boston sent out a mass blast in December that they would send out invites on Dec 15 or after.

1 minute ago, Letitbedone said:

UMass Boston sent out a mass blast in December that they would send out invites on Dec 15 or after.

For UMass Boston's clinical psychology program, their email blast stated that invited interviewees will receive a phone call or an email "after January 15th". They were delayed this year due to a new applicant interface that caused issued with uploading documents/submitting recommendation letter links.