Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

16 hours ago, ItPhBeLikeThatSometimes said:

I also applied to that program at UVA Curry and have not hear back. A grad student in my current lab checked back in her email for me and said she got an offer from there on 1/17 last year, so this upcoming week is a possibility...good luck!

Wait! I just heard back from UVA today!

7 minutes ago, ommm232 said:

My friend was contacted last week from a Clinical professor and did a preliminary phone interview this morning! I think everyone is just getting around to doing that at Harvard. 

Yeah, and Harvard also lets their POIs take full charge of the interview process. So some will reach out sooner than others, etc. There's no admissions committee, so to speak.

10 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

Yeah, and Harvard also lets their POIs take full charge of the interview process. So some will reach out sooner than others, etc. There's no admissions committee, so to speak.

Oh Harvard, whatever will we do with you...?

Some updates: I emailed Buffalo and heard that the admissions officer is waiting to hear back whether all invites were extended. 

FDU sent an email last wk that they should all be extended by tomorrow, and LIU Brooklyn said hopefully by the end of the week. 

I think USC has been extended right? Anyone know about stony brook? 

Has anyone received in-person invitations at Umass Boston (I saw a couple of prelim phone interviews), UCLA, or University at Albany for clinical psychology Ph.D programs?

Edited by Letitbedone

@Letitbedone I have not heard from UCLA but I read in another forum that they should be sending out invites by the end of the week for Clinical! (in-person interviews are 2/7-2/8 per their website) The website also says invites will be extended a minimum of two weeks before the interview, so if we haven't heard from them by Friday I will assume rejection!

Edited by humanisticPOV

4 hours ago, ommm232 said:

My friend was contacted last week from a Clinical professor and did a preliminary phone interview this morning! I think everyone is just getting around to doing that at Harvard. 

Does your friend feel comfortable sharing POI initials? I am dying with anxiety over here!! Congratulations to your friend, regardless! :)

7 hours ago, psychasf said:

I wouldn't count yourself out just yet. I applied to a program and noticed that people were posting interview invites on here. Then a week later I noticed people started posting rejection notifications. I hadn't received either so I called up the department and they told me I'm in an in-between list that they'll reach out to in case someone can't attend the interview weekend. AKA I'm on the waitlist, but they never notified me. Best of luck to you! 

Thank you fo the feedback, good luck!!!