Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

1 hour ago, ResilientDreams said:

I'm just presuming rejection from the three schools I haven't heard from. It's easier that way.

Yep, I feel that. At the same time, there's still that tiny 0.0001% spark of hope I have that maybe they just forgot to send me my email lol.

4 hours ago, Psychedoutandworried said:

Do I just assume rejection at this point in regards to schools I haven’t heard back from? Maybe there’s a waitlist possibility? I just felt like I was wayyyy out of my league this year. No rejections so far, no invitations either, just crickets and anticipation from every school lol.

Have you seen interview results for all of the schools you applied to? If not then I would still have hope! It's getting to be later in the game for Clinical Psychology PhD notifications but master's programs and other branches of Psych often notify later, in Feb or March. Wishing the best for you and many interviews :) 

Can the person who posted for Stony Brook yesterday please send me their POI's initials? Thanks and congrats! posted in the POI requests thread too sorry in case it's not looked at

On 1/22/2019 at 1:36 PM, ClinPsych2019 said:

I emailed University of Denver regarding the Clinical Child PhD program and was informed the admissions committee is extending invites this week! Good luck to everyone!

Did anyone end up receiving any?

46 minutes ago, ellamarie123 said:

Did anyone end up receiving any?

I called the department at the beginning of this week and was told the same - they will send out invites by the end of this week. I haven't heard anything yet and I haven't seen a post about an interview invite. There are still a couple of hours in the day though. Let's hope for the best...

5 minutes ago, bridge44 said:

Hi! Has anyone heard from Suffolk about Clinical PhD interviews? I wasn't sure which group to post this in so I just posted in both. 

I haven't heard yet. I emailed the program coordinator a few weeks ago and she said they would let us know starting today. Her exact words:

Currently our interview weekend will be scheduled for March 1 and 2.  If you are selected to move forward with an invite, you will be notified by our department on January 25th. 

Has anyone heard back from UBC? Based on the result last year, they should send email invitations already, but I did not see many people post their results for this circle... I applied for the social psychology program. 

20 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

I haven't heard yet. I emailed the program coordinator a few weeks ago and she said they would let us know starting today. Her exact words:

Currently our interview weekend will be scheduled for March 1 and 2.  If you are selected to move forward with an invite, you will be notified by our department on January 25th. 

I haven't heard either (I've been monitoring my email and the results tab for the past several days). The last I heard from my POI, there were a record number of applications, but many for a professor who isn't accepting students (I don't remember the name, sorry! Pretty sure it's a female prof though? Maybe Dr. DiBiase since she's only accepting for the new developmental track?).

2 hours ago, KeepItCaffeinated said:

I feel like this has been asked before, but is it bad to call the psych admissions number to ask if interviews have been sent out? 

Not really. I did that for a couple of programs. They know we are waiting, so they understand. Just make sure you call/ask for the program coordinator. S/he will have all the info you need! :)

6 minutes ago, davidfreire20 said:

Are decision emails (not interview requests like acceptance/rejection emails) usually sent out before end of work day (5pm their time)?

Not necessarily. I've gotten a couple at weird hours like 10pm. My master's program acceptance email I remember I got at midnight lol. 

1 hour ago, dancedementia said:

Haven't heard yet either - I looked back in the results and it looks like historically people get interviews or are rejected all on one day (presumably today). I'll just keep refreshing my email!!!

UPDATE: I emailed Boston University and they told me all invites have been extended, congrats everyone who received one! ((this was for the Clinical PhD))

Edited by jlmk42

7 hours ago, Jessica W said:

Has anyone heard back from UBC? Based on the result last year, they should send email invitations already, but I did not see many people post their results for this circle... I applied for the social psychology program. 

I have not- also Social Psych

On 1/23/2019 at 9:01 PM, junior313 said:

Nope! I've been waiting all day so now pretty disappointed:/ But it looks like pretty much nobody heard today so maybe they're just late? Will you let me know if you hear?

Hi! I am sorry. I called the Psych department today, they told me they sent invites a week ago. I applied to the Social Psych area from UC Davis