Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

Just now, DyingInside said:

It sounds like you are on the waitlist and he is waiting for another faculty's student to decline so that a spot can open up for him to take you.... check the developmental psych thread. A student posted there that they were accepted. 

Ahh that makes sense and brings me some peace, thanks so much for the info!

2 hours ago, nimsaj95 said:

Ahh that makes sense and brings me some peace, thanks so much for the info!

I hear this is pretty common when there are more PI's interested in taking students than what the funding actually allows. 

Edited by DyingInside

On 3/15/2019 at 11:49 AM, MostlyClinicalPsychology said:

Would the VCU poster in the results page who accepted via email March 13th please kindly message me your POIs initials? Much appreciated!

Same! Wait-listed and really holding out before accepting another offer. Thank you in advance!!

I interviewed at a program at the end of January and still have not received an admissions decision. After my interview, my POI responded to my thank you email that she thought I would be a good fit for the program but the department had some funding issues to sort out. I emailed at the end of February to check in, and my POI said they were still sorting out some funding issues and she would keep me posted. It's now been another month and I'm dying!! Should I email my POI again to check in? I have an offer to another school, but I would really prefer to attend this program

I've been waiting to hear back from a school for like 3 weeks (they told me I'd hear back 3 weeks ago). Today the administrator emailed me to say that if I hadn't heard from the DGS yet, I'd hear from them soon. I was already refreshing my email obsessively, but now the stress level is even higher! What does soon mean? Ah! I'm so stressed!

1 minute ago, philopsych said:

I've been waiting to hear back from a school for like 3 weeks (they told me I'd hear back 3 weeks ago). Today the administrator emailed me to say that if I hadn't heard from the DGS yet, I'd hear from them soon. I was already refreshing my email obsessively, but now the stress level is even higher! What does soon mean? Ah! I'm so stressed!

Oh man, ouch! I hope that means it's good news that's coming!

17 minutes ago, philopsych said:

Which school is this for?? I'm still waiting to hear back from one too and they told me I'd hear around now as well!

Kind of a silly question but when signing an admissions offer letter, is it okay to just sign with my full name? I dont know how else to sign a pdf document without printing it out, signing it with a pen and scanning it.

3 hours ago, meezy123 said:

Kind of a silly question but when signing an admissions offer letter, is it okay to just sign with my full name? I dont know how else to sign a pdf document without printing it out, signing it with a pen and scanning it.

There’s an app called Sign Now that will let you write your name with your finger on your tablet. I had to use it to sign a reimbursement form, I haven’t looked through it, but I think you can download PDFs and use it to sign them.

3 hours ago, meezy123 said:

Pretty sure with online forms, writing out your full name is an equivalent to signing (unless specified otherwise).

1 hour ago, coloradopsyched said:

I received an application status change in the application portal: "Your department has recommended a decision to the Graduate School. You will receive a final decision within two weeks." 

- Would you take this as a rejection, acceptance, or are you just as unsure as I am?

I would take this to mean that they recommended you for admission because if they aren't going to admit you, they don't need to tell the graduate school anything about you. The graduate school has to vet you and make sure that you actually qualify for admission once you've been recommended, they don't need to do anything if you aren't recommended to them for admission. The department/program usually sends out rejections, not the graduate school. Hopefully this is good news. Good luck!

Hi all,

Does anyone know anything about the funding available at GW? I just want to know generally what it looks like as I'm considering applying this December

Edited by psycstudent2018

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/20/2018 at 8:19 PM, dancedementia said:

Okay I'm jumping the gun a little, but I'm starting to narrow down my application list and wanted to connect with anyone who is planning on applying for fall 2019 matriculation! 

My focus is in Clinical or Counseling Psychology, with a primary research interest in eating disorders. The list thus far:

• Top choices: UNT (PhD Counseling), Rutgers (PsyD Clinical), Northeastern (PhD Counseling), Springfield (PsyD Counseling), Yeshiva (PsyD Clinical), LIU Brooklyn (PhD Clinical), Adelphi (PhD Clinical)
  • Mid-level choices: Xavier (PsyD Clinical), CCNY (PhD Clinical), Suffolk (PhD Clinical), IUP (PsyD Clinical), UHartford (PsyD Clinical), UIndy (PsyD Clinical), Fairleigh Dickinson (PhD Clinical), Drexel (PhD Clinical)
  • Safeties: KCUMB (PsyD Clinical - new program, not APA yet), Chestnut Hill College (PsyD Clinical), Immaculata (PsyD Clinical), PCOM (PsyD Clinical)
  • Reeeeeach: UNC-Chapel Hill (PhD Clinical), Emory (PhD Clinical), Temple (PhD Clinical), Univ of Kansas (PhD Clinical), Miami University of Ohio (PhD Clinical), UNC-Charlotte (PhD Clinical)

Still a long list, but I'm taking my time chipping away at it. I'm hoping to apply to ~15 programs and choose based on practicum experiences (I want at least 2-3 full years in community clinics) and research match.

What are y'all thinking? :)

Hi I am from India, I want to pursue PsyD in counseling psychology. Can you please tell me which books  should I study from for my Subject GRE (Psychology).

If anybody has a pdf and can share it with me, please let me know, that will be of great help.

Thank you in advance.