Hunter College Social Work Fall 2018

Zyra

2 hours ago, TeacherTurningSocialWorker said:

Hey guys! I had my interview this Monday 4/2, and I received my acceptance yesterday. So sorry for everyone who is still waiting :( good luck!!

Did you tell them you need a response ASAP? 

7 hours ago, Jwall said:

This same thing happened to me today!! I feel for you, I'm so upset too. :(

I don't know what to think hopefully they really just haven't finished reviewing them yet...

Hey! The same exact thing happened to me today as well! I was so distraught... I am glad to hear that it was a mistake on their part for everyone , and not just me. Probably a batch error right?

6 hours ago, Raquay said:

Hey! The same exact thing happened to me today as well! I was so distraught... I am glad to hear that it was a mistake on their part for everyone , and not just me. Probably a batch error right?

Exactly, if it happened to all of us it probably happened to others too. Hopefully has nothing to do with the decision! That's the only part that made me nervous. 

11 hours ago, TeacherTurningSocialWorker said:

Not sure what you mean

sorry if i wasn't clear. I mean if you told them that you need a response soon? I heard that if you tell them other schools are waiting for you to give them a response they give you a response sooner.

2 hours ago, Jwall said:

Exactly, if it happened to all of us it probably happened to others too. Hopefully has nothing to do with the decision! That's the only part that made me nervous. 

The whole process has been making me so anxious ! I hope it has nothing to do with the decision its just that people that applied after me have already signed up for a day for their interview. I hope they understand this emotional distress and tell us something by tonight! I don’t think I can wait much longer lol 

2 hours ago, cfabre said:

sorry if i wasn't clear. I mean if you told them that you need a response soon? I heard that if you tell them other schools are waiting for you to give them a response they give you a response sooner.

oh! No I didn't say anything. My timeline has been like this: submitted application on 2/8/18. References finally came through on 3/8, received email that my application is complete on 3/9. Received request for interview on 3/13. Interviewed 4/2. Accepted 4/4.

Hope that helps! Sorry you guys have been waiting so long... call and ask them what on earth is going on!?

31 minutes ago, TeacherTurningSocialWorker said:

oh! No I didn't say anything. My timeline has been like this: submitted application on 2/8/18. References finally came through on 3/8, received email that my application is complete on 3/9. Received request for interview on 3/13. Interviewed 4/2. Accepted 4/4.

Hope that helps! Sorry you guys have been waiting so long... call and ask them what on earth is going on!?

I thought that was it because that's what my friend did and she heard back in two days like you. So when i had my interview I told them schools are waiting for a response for me. And they said "oh we'll give you a response this week or the beginning of next week". I had my interview 3/19 and nothing. I really didn't lie about schools needing a response NYU has had to give me two extensions. I've called hunter twice and want to call again especially since it's going to be 3 weeks on Monday. Hopefully I hear back soon. Hunter is my number one choice.

4 hours ago, cfabre said:

I thought that was it because that's what my friend did and she heard back in two days like you. So when i had my interview I told them schools are waiting for a response for me. And they said "oh we'll give you a response this week or the beginning of next week". I had my interview 3/19 and nothing. I really didn't lie about schools needing a response NYU has had to give me two extensions. I've called hunter twice and want to call again especially since it's going to be 3 weeks on Monday. Hopefully I hear back soon. Hunter is my number one choice.

Did u end up calling them? What did they say? 

4 hours ago, TeacherTurningSocialWorker said:

Congrats on being accepted! Did you decided which school you will be attending? 

23 hours ago, Pr3tinpink1 said:

Hey guys!

I sent in my application on  3/10 heard back today that i was invited for an interview then two hours later I recieved another email  that my application is still under review and to disregard the previous email :( 

Did this happen to anyone else? Im truly devestated. 

Im sorry that happened to you I hope u hear back from them again for an interview 

20 hours ago, Zyra said:

Did u end up calling them? What did they say? 

Yes I did. They said they were going to tell the director I'm waiting. Which they have said before and nothing has happened. I asked why people are hearing back in two days and its been 3 weeks I haven't heard back. And she said that their application and qualities might have been stronger. She said if I don't hear back on Monday to call again.

1 hour ago, Zyra said:

An update everyone!! I got accepted!! I received an email that final decision was posted online and I checked and I was accepted!!! 

Congrats!! Currently still waiting. I’m giving up hope honestly 

23 minutes ago, cfabre said:

Congrats!! Currently still waiting. I’m giving up hope honestly 

I hope you hear from them soon! Did you apply anywhere else ? and did u hear from other schools?

14 minutes ago, Zyra said:

I hope you hear from them soon! Did you apply anywhere else ? and did u hear from other schools?

Thank you. I'm going to call again tomorrow. But, I feel like they'll just tell me the same thing. I've been accepted to NYU and Columbia but they're just so expensive schools that I'm scared of being in debt forever. And I have an interview for Lehman college tomorrow. But honestly Hunter was my number one choice. Are you going to go to Hunter?

I haven't heard back from lehman college at all! I applied to nyu too i called and the lady said my application is under review. I will most likely attend Hunter. Please let me know how the interview goes for Lehman.