Hunter College Social Work Fall 2018

Zyra

9 minutes ago, Zyra said:

I haven't heard back from lehman college at all! I applied to nyu too i called and the lady said my application is under review. I will most likely attend Hunter. Please let me know how the interview goes for Lehman. 

I definitely will! Lehman was the last school I heard back from. They’re really slow. When did you apply to both schools? Also pay attention to your because Lehman calls instead of emailing to schedule the interview and they call on a blocked. Lehman did tell me that they review their application on a rolling basis. So if you submitted it later that might have been why. I also think they started doing interviews really late compared to hunter. What track did you apply to for hunter? 

Clin

16 minutes ago, cfabre said:

I definitely will! Lehman was the last school I heard back from. They’re really slow. When did you apply to both schools? Also pay attention to your because Lehman calls instead of emailing to schedule the interview and they call on a blocked. Lehman did tell me that they review their application on a rolling basis. So if you submitted it later that might have been why. I also think they started doing interviews really late compared to hunter. What track did you apply to for hunter? 

I have till April 27 to submit a deposit for hunter college. I applied  for Clinical practice with individual and families? you? .  I finish my bachelor degree this May. 

11 minutes ago, Zyra said:

Clin

I have till April 27 to submit a deposit for hunter college. I applied  for Clinical practice with individual and families? you? .  I finish my bachelor degree this May. 

I applied to clinical as well! Hopefully I hear back soon 

37 minutes ago, cfabre said:

I applied to clinical as well! Hopefully I hear back soon 

if u do not mind me asking, what are ur stats? i had a 3.5 gpa , volunteer experience, internship, and 2 work experience as a peer mentor. 

10 hours ago, Raquay said:

Hey guys! I have my interview soon and I am pretty nervous. Can anyone provide some insight and shed some light as to how the day went? What questions do they ask? Thanks! :) 

I just submitted my application today and should have my LORs submitted in the next couple days and hopefully will have an interview soon. I decided on applying to Hunter a little late in the season, but I'm still really hopeful. I'm in UG in Chicago and all the other grad schools I've applied to are in Chicago. Hunter was my on New York school.

12 hours ago, Zyra said:

if u do not mind me asking, what are ur stats? i had a 3.5 gpa , volunteer experience, internship, and 2 work experience as a peer mentor. 

I have a 3.8 GPA, 1.5 year of peer mentor experience for a counseling program at my school, and 1.5 year experience of being a college coach for a non profit. I also started a full time job as a service coordinator for early intervention but started it after submitting my application so i didn't get to write about it in my essay but i spoke about this experience at the interview. I'm not too worried about my stats since I got into NYU and Columbia and have an interview for Lehman. But, I don't think believe i did that great on the interview which seems like they weigh more heavily than anything else. 

4 hours ago, cfabre said:

I have a 3.8 GPA, 1.5 year of peer mentor experience for a counseling program at my school, and 1.5 year experience of being a college coach for a non profit. I also started a full time job as a service coordinator for early intervention but started it after submitting my application so i didn't get to write about it in my essay but i spoke about this experience at the interview. I'm not too worried about my stats since I got into NYU and Columbia and have an interview for Lehman. But, I don't think believe i did that great on the interview which seems like they weigh more heavily than anything else. 

Congrats on getting accepted! What questions do they ask? Is it really hard?

17 hours ago, Zyra said:

if u do not mind me asking, what are ur stats? i had a 3.5 gap , volunteer experience, internship, and 2 work experience as a peer mentor. 

Nice on getting accepted! Im so happy for you! I hope my interview goes well, do you remember what questions were asked? and How the day went by regarding the interview process?

19 hours ago, Raquay said:

Congrats on getting accepted! What questions do they ask? Is it really hard?

They ask 3 questions and have you read an article and react to it. The questions are: tell me about yourself, what's your social identity and what do you do when you meet someone that doesn't have the same social identity as you, and to say what would you do in a what if situation. The interview isn't hard. I just felt like with the questions they asked they didn't get to know me. 

On 4/9/2018 at 7:54 PM, Zyra said:

I haven't heard back from lehman college at all! I applied to nyu too i called and the lady said my application is under review. I will most likely attend Hunter. Please let me know how the interview goes for Lehman. 

Hey i wanted to let you know how my interview for Lehman went! i felt a lot better with this interview and its less intimidating. they asked 3 questions: what are you doing right now (like with school or work), what is a policy or procedure at your school/work/volunteer site that you would like to change, and a what if situation. They also made us write.  But, it wasn't reaction to an article like hunter instead they asked us to write about why we're pursing an MSW. They also give you alot of time to ask questions. And you're interviewed by the admission director and the director of the program. They did say they are a really small program so they have a cap on how many students they can admit and that they review applications on a rolling basis. So if you really want to go to Lehman i would give the admission director a call. She's really nice. I can give you the phone number if you want 

4 hours ago, cfabre said:

Hey i wanted to let you know how my interview for Lehman went! i felt a lot better with this interview and its less intimidating. they asked 3 questions: what are you doing right now (like with school or work), what is a policy or procedure at your school/work/volunteer site that you would like to change, and a what if situation. They also made us write.  But, it wasn't reaction to an article like hunter instead they asked us to write about why we're pursing an MSW. They also give you alot of time to ask questions. And you're interviewed by the admission director and the director of the program. They did say they are a really small program so they have a cap on how many students they can admit and that they review applications on a rolling basis. So if you really want to go to Lehman i would give the admission director a call. She's really nice. I can give you the phone number if you want 

I am happy to hear that it went well for you. I do not think I will be attending Lehman college though. I have my eyes set on Hunter. It was my number one choice :)

2 hours ago, cfabre said:

Did anyone that already attend an interview just get another email inviting them to a group interview? 

Thats weird. If u already did a group interview why did they email for another group interview? Must be something wrong at their end.

4 hours ago, FutureSocialWorker124 said:

I was just accepted, and my interview was on 4/2, for reference. Shortly before I was accepted I too received that email asking me to come in for another interview and then another saying to disregard if I have already come in for an interview.

CONGRATS!!!!! :D:D !! Did u decide which college you will be attending? 

12 minutes ago, cfabre said:

The wait is finally over!! I was accepted to Hunter!!!!!

Congrats !!!  I’m happy for you! It seems everyone so far has gotten accepted :) I’m looking fowardr to student orientation I wonder when that will be . Will you be attending hunter? 

Edited by Zyra

18 minutes ago, Zyra said:

Congrats !!!  I’m happy for you! It seems everyone so far has gotten accepted :) I’m looking fowardr to student orientation I wonder when that will be . Will you be attending hunter? 

Yes I will! It was my first choice :)  I guess we will keep each other updated on the date for student orientation. 

On 4/4/2018 at 1:35 PM, cfabre said:

Hey I had my interview two weeks ago and still haven’t heard back! I keep checking online everyday a couple of times and it just says pending interview 

It does usually take a week or two. If you check up with them and tell them you need a response asap, chances are they will at least change it to "review" or if you're fortunate, to a decision.