Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, 20SLP20 said:

I just received an email from them placing me on an alternate list, even though I did not complete my application on CSDCAS (?) So you all should hear back very soon!

Like you didn't complete the CSDCAS portion and were still placed on the alternate list? Ahh I hope I hear back today!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slpblonde15 said:

Like you didn't complete the CSDCAS portion and were still placed on the alternate list? Ahh I hope I hear back today!

Yes, I didn't complete the video or essays, or "submit" the application. So I was confused when I got the email. I did send my GRE scores though, and I know schools can view your CSDCAS application at any point, it isn't really "submitted". I didn't think they'd consider it though!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 20SLP20 said:

Yes, I didn't complete the video or essays, or "submit" the application. So I was confused when I got the email. I did send my GRE scores though, and I know schools can view your CSDCAS application at any point, it isn't really "submitted". I didn't think they'd consider it though!

Gotcha, that's interesting! you must have some awesome GRE scores!

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SeaCai said:

Is the alternate list different from the waitlist? The email made it sound like they form the alternate list from the waitlist after people turn in their surveys but I don't know...

I think it's the same thing and they use the terms interchangeably? They used both to me in my email. I filled out the survey so they must get the responses from that and then post the list, so sometime after the 30th I'm guessing, but by the 8th it says.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, slpblonde15 said:

I think it's the same thing and they use the terms interchangeably? They used both to me in my email. I filled out the survey so they must get the responses from that and then post the list, so sometime after the 30th I'm guessing, but by the 8th it says.

I think they're different things. Mine said I'm on the alternate list, and I didn't receive a survey. It sounded to me like they have the accepted list, the waitlisted, and then from there they may re-review people on the alternate list, if needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The alternate list is the waitlist for the actual waitlist. They only have so many original spots on the waitlist and then everyone else that didn't make the waitlist but they didn't want to completely deny are added to the alternate list.

Edited by josiemg
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, josiemg said:

The alternate list is the waitlist for the actual waitlist. they only have so many original spots on the waitlist and then everyone else that didn't make the waitlist but they did want to completely deny are added to the alternate list.

This makes so much more sense, thank you!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, josiemg said:

The alternate list is the waitlist for the actual waitlist. They only have so many original spots on the waitlist and then everyone else that didn't make the waitlist but they didn't want to completely deny are added to the alternate list.

That's what i understood from the email I got (im on the alternate list)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.