Sign in to follow this  
PsyJessica

Could you please delete spam topics?

Hi!

I'm surprised to see there are so many spam topics in this forum, almost in every sections with strange words. It causes great convenience for people to find new and useful information. It seems that some people pilfer other user's accounts or register accounts for malicious purposes. Anyway I really hope they can disappear and won't bring trouble to other people any more.

Hi @PsyJessica,

We do our best to remove spam posts as soon as we see them. However, everyone on the Moderating Team is works full-time (as a graduate student, postdoc, faculty, or outside academia) so we cannot remove spam immediately. One thing you can do to help is report one post (that's all we need per user) that is spam. To do that, click "Report post", which is in the top right of each post. 

Cheers,

rising_star

For what it's worth, I removed spam as soon as I got up this morning, none of it was more than 6 hours old. Most of it was 1-2 hours old.

I think not having people here around the clock to remove spam is perfectly reasonable- as mentioned, all of us have full time jobs already, and do need to sleep sometime.

34 minutes ago, rising_star said:

Hi @PsyJessica,

We do our best to remove spam posts as soon as we see them. However, everyone on the Moderating Team is works full-time (as a graduate student, postdoc, faculty, or outside academia) so we cannot remove spam immediately. One thing you can do to help is report one post (that's all we need per user) that is spam. To do that, click "Report post", which is in the top right of each post. 

Cheers,

rising_star

30 minutes ago, Eigen said:

For what it's worth, I removed spam as soon as I got up this morning, none of it was more than 6 hours old. Most of it was 1-2 hours old.

I think not having people here around the clock to remove spam is perfectly reasonable- as mentioned, all of us have full time jobs already, and do need to sleep sometime.

Thanks so much for doing so! I have to explain one thing that I’m sorry for not taking the time differences into account since I’m not in US now. And I’m sorry for my improper words and I will try to report spam topics as soon as I notice one. Sorry again!

7 hours ago, PsyJessica said:

Thanks so much for doing so! I have to explain one thing that I’m sorry for not taking the time differences into account since I’m not in US now. And I’m sorry for my improper words and I will try to report spam topics as soon as I notice one. Sorry again!

It's worth noting that the moderating team isn't entirely in the US. The spam I deleted earlier today was 2-3 hours old when I deleted it. If that is too much of a delay for folks, then they may want to use another site.