Bridgeport, CT

I am considering relocating from Southern California to Bridgeport, CT for a Masters program at the University of Bridgeport. Does anyone know about the local housing, neighborhoods or areas to avoid, etc.? I am also interested in the university apartments, but I am not sure that is a reasonable option for graduate students. Any information you have on the university and/or the area is welcomed and helpful. Thanks!

• 3 years later...

Bridgeport is beautiful, albeit at first glance small (although in fact the fifth largest city in New England!) Connecticut with many attractions to choose from if you are looking for a relaxing and comfortable getaway on the New England coast. It is technically considered part of the Fairfield region, which means it is just a short drive from New York City (making it an ideal stopover if you've been visiting New York for a while). the only zoo in the state), as well as many activities for young couples and other types of tourists. Sports fans will want to check out the Webster Bank Arena timetable. You don't have to be in a crowded museum all day if you want to take advantage of everything the Discovery Museum and Planetarium has to offer in fine weather. Head to Harborview Market for a unique shopping environment. Part of the Black Rock district, it has been around since the late 19th century when Swedish goods were sold in the store.