4 hours ago, Lalavita said:

Counting down to CPL interview invitations by this Friday. 

I applied for Gleitsman and Dubin.

Best of luck to everyone who applied as I know funding is always a hot topic with HKS.

Same here! It will be a painfully long four days...!

On 2/18/2019 at 10:20 PM, Lalavita said:

Counting down to CPL interview invitations by this Friday. 

I applied for Gleitsman and Dubin.

Best of luck to everyone who applied as I know funding is always a hot topic with HKS.

Yeah, I went in for those two as well. I have a feeling they're the two most competitive.

I applied to six schools, and HKS and Goldman are my two dream options. I've been offered both LBJ and USC Price, which were my goal options, and I have GWU and Luskin in the mix too.

I think my application is strong because of my GPA, work experience, personal narrative and recommendations, but I have a feeling my GRE results are going to be a bridge too far for both Harvard and UC Berkeley - particular my mediocre quant score.

But we'll see!

Heart skipped a beat when I got the “Harvard Kennedy School MYFAID Financial Aid Portal Login Information” email today.

I like that they included this at the bottom of the email.

Disclaimer: Receipt of this email should not be construed as providing any information on your likelihood of admission.

Hello everyone, just wanted to confirm that, according to the virtual info session about CPL fellowships, notification for interviews is by Friday the 22nd, and interviews are held the last week of Feb, so next week. ?

Advice about the interviews -- they're 20 minutes: "Please come prepared, be prepared to be directly responsive to the questions asked of you and be precise in your answers."

What's your guess on the notification date this year? And is financial aid included w the admissions decision? Seems like a lot of the structure has been in flux the past couple years. 

7 minutes ago, backbackagain said:

Hello everyone, just wanted to confirm that, according to the virtual info session about CPL fellowships, notification for interviews is by Friday the 22nd, and interviews are held the last week of Feb, so next week. ?

Advice about the interviews -- they're 20 minutes: "Please come prepared, be prepared to be directly responsive to the questions asked of you and be precise in your answers."

What's your guess on the notification date this year? And is financial aid included w the admissions decision? Seems like a lot of the structure has been in flux the past couple years. 

Also, a note from the Q&A that business casual attire is expected for the interview.

47 minutes ago, backbackagain said:

Also, a note from the Q&A that business casual attire is expected for the interview.

What is our take on interviewing? Is it basically informally saying you are accepted? I know financial aid/fellowships is a separate process from admissions, but how likely is it you are selected to interview and are not accepted?

Edited by MPPhopeful322

6 hours ago, MPPhopeful322 said:

What is our take on interviewing? Is it basically informally saying you are accepted? I know financial aid/fellowships is a separate process from admissions, but how likely is it you are selected to interview and are not accepted?

Deferred MPP here - I wouldn't go that far, but I think it's safe to say that if your app was strong enough for a fellowship interview, it is one of the stronger apps for admission as well. But that doesn't account for:

(1) Applicant pools for individual fellowships that are smaller than the overall HKS applicant pool, because they're opt-in
(2) The goal of most selective programs to recruit diverse profiles into their classes (i.e., maybe 10 activists got a Gleitsman interview, but depending on how similar their experiences are, HKS might not take all 10 because there are only ~250 spots) 

That said, I would imagine that the faculty selection committees don't like to waste their time interviewing people that the admissions office has already rejected. My guess is that by this time in the process, the admissions office can at least identify some short(er)-list that's still in the running. 

TLDR: I wouldn't assume you're in, but they wouldn't interview you if you didn't have a credible shot. 

Long time lurker, hello everybody big fan and what not.  I just got a CPL finalist interview email for the Black Family Fellowship.  Wondering if other people are seeing theirs.  Anyone know if you can be a finalist for multiple CPLs or do they coordinate so as not to overlap?  Good luck folks!

55 minutes ago, coolguyz said:

Long time lurker, hello everybody big fan and what not.  I just got a CPL finalist interview email for the Black Family Fellowship.  Wondering if other people are seeing theirs.  Anyone know if you can be a finalist for multiple CPLs or do they coordinate so as not to overlap?  Good luck folks!

Congratulations! No invite for me. Was it from a generic CPL email address or was it specifically from the coordinator for that fellowship?

Edited by MPPhopeful322

2 minutes ago, MPPhopeful322 said:

Congratulations! No invite for me. Was it from a generic CPL email address or was it specifically from the coordinator for that fellowship?

Thanks!  It was from a program assistant at CPL.  So I assume he's the one assigned to that specific fellowship.

Just now, coolguyz said:

Thanks!  It was from a program assistant at CPL.  So I assume he's the one assigned to that specific fellowship.

Ah I see. Well, that's super exciting! Guess we'll wait and see if more roll out tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, coolguyz said:

Congratulations! You can only be interviewed for one CPL fellowship was the feedback they gave during the webinar.  Wishing you a successful interview.

15 hours ago, Lalavita said:

Heart skipped a beat when I got the “Harvard Kennedy School MYFAID Financial Aid Portal Login Information” email today.

Disclaimer: Receipt of this email should not be construed as providing any information on your likelihood of admission.

You and me both! ?

4 hours ago, coolguyz said:

Congrats!! I went for Dubin, so here's hoping they didn't send out emails yet. I just spent 20 minutes re-reading every sentence of my application essay and second-guessing every word choice. Does anyone else do that???

14 minutes ago, PaoloC said:

Congrats!! I went for Dubin, so here's hoping they didn't send out emails yet. I just spent 20 minutes re-reading every sentence of my application essay and second-guessing every word choice. Does anyone else do that???

I've been thinking about my application all day! Doesn't help that I'm sick in bed and have nothing better to do.

16 hours ago, Lalavita said:

Ahahahah yes I found it funny, too! 

People are apparently freaking out - myself included! 

On 2/20/2019 at 11:34 PM, bac said:

Yeah, I went in for those two as well. I have a feeling they're the two most competitive.

I applied to six schools, and HKS and Goldman are my two dream options. I've been offered both LBJ and USC Price, which were my goal options, and I have GWU and Luskin in the mix too.

I think my application is strong because of my GPA, work experience, personal narrative and recommendations, but I have a feeling my GRE results are going to be a bridge too far for both Harvard and UC Berkeley - particular my mediocre quant score.

But we'll see!

Hi Bac!

Can I ask how is your GRE score?

I have the same feelings about my application (strong for GPA, work experienced SOP but not so much for my GRE)...

Thanks a good luck!