On 1/5/2019 at 4:45 PM, CaidanFire said:

Hi,

Anyone have an update for this program? How did interviews go? Any one accepted? Thoughts from current students (would be part of 1st cohort that started in fall)?

Any information is very much appreciated.

Hi! So I went to the interview and it was very lax and everyone was super nice. They asked how you’d handle certain situations and basically get to know you. They also showed us the campus and told us about the program. There wasn’t many people for the interview, only like six of us and they were saying they were going to have one more interview group the next month. For me they emailed me the following week saying the “Hearing Disorders Across the Lifespan” class from UCF wouldn’t count for the “Aural Rehab” credit, which didn’t really make sense to me and we didn’t have that part of our degree program for UCF, so they told me that I’ll have to take that this spring semester online. They said it wasn’t a denial from their program, so I’m hoping they’ll accept me, especially since they kind of pushed for me to take the class. ? But everyone was super nice and I really liked how the program is set up! It’s all online and then once every trimester for  the weekend you travel to their campus in Austin for labs and to work with clients in their clinic. They also have a simulation room where on one side is where the professors and classmates are and on the other side is you and another professor or classmates and they have different rooms like a hospital room or clinic and they act out different scenarios and then they’ll critique you. It was pretty cool and I’ve never heard of a school having that! 

On 12/2/2018 at 9:02 PM, darien__ said:

Hey you guys. Anyone applied for the spring semester of 2019? I had my interview two weeks ago via Skype, and should be hearing from the admissions board this week or next. I’m nervous, but excited. 

Hi, 

Can you share how your Skyppe interview went? The kind of questions they ask? I have a Skype interview with them and I'm a bit nervous. I would be very grateful for any information. Thanks!!

Edited by CaidanFire

On 1/8/2019 at 10:36 AM, SavSLP2Be said:

Hi! So I went to the interview and it was very lax and everyone was super nice. They asked how you’d handle certain situations and basically get to know you. They also showed us the campus and told us about the program. There wasn’t many people for the interview, only like six of us and they were saying they were going to have one more interview group the next month. For me they emailed me the following week saying the “Hearing Disorders Across the Lifespan” class from UCF wouldn’t count for the “Aural Rehab” credit, which didn’t really make sense to me and we didn’t have that part of our degree program for UCF, so they told me that I’ll have to take that this spring semester online. They said it wasn’t a denial from their program, so I’m hoping they’ll accept me, especially since they kind of pushed for me to take the class. ? But everyone was super nice and I really liked how the program is set up! It’s all online and then once every trimester for  the weekend you travel to their campus in Austin for labs and to work with clients in their clinic. They also have a simulation room where on one side is where the professors and classmates are and on the other side is you and another professor or classmates and they have different rooms like a hospital room or clinic and they act out different scenarios and then they’ll critique you. It was pretty cool and I’ve never heard of a school having that! 

Did undergrad at UCF & am currently enrolled in their grad program; UCF offers their own Aural Rehab class, but at the graduate level. Aural Rehab differs from Hearing Dis in that the latter goes into the science of Hearing Disorders, whereas Aural Rehab actually delves into how to treat clients. 

I was told they STRONGLY advise in person interviews in order to see how you fit with the other interviewees. Mine was a very unusual situation. There simply wasnt enought time for me to fly there in relation to the start date I was given. 

5 hours ago, CaidanFire said:

I was told they STRONGLY advise in person interviews in order to see how you fit with the other interviewees. Mine was a very unusual situation. There simply wasnt enought time for me to fly there in relation to the start date I was given. 

Oh i see. Well...I hope your interview went well! 

Thanks. It did. If you get an invite to interview just relax and be genuinely honest. They want to see if you fit and you need to be sure they are also the right fit for you. 

Edited by CaidanFire

37 minutes ago, CaidanFire said:

Thanks. It did. If you get an invite to interview just relax and be genuinely honest. They want to see if you fit and you need to be sure they are also the right fit for you. 

I'm finishing up my personal essay now. Hopefully, I get the chance to interview.

21 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

I'm finishing up my personal essay now. Hopefully, I get the chance to interview.

Good luck! If its through skype - be early and just be yourself. I know everyone says that, but if you go as far as the interview then they are seriously considering you and just need final confirmation that you will fit and do well.

5 hours ago, CaidanFire said:

Good luck! If its through skype - be early and just be yourself. I know everyone says that, but if you go as far as the interview then they are seriously considering you and just need final confirmation that you will fit and do well.

Thanks! Let us know when you hear back! 

On 1/11/2019 at 2:25 PM, NatRose said:

Did undergrad at UCF & am currently enrolled in their grad program; UCF offers their own Aural Rehab class, but at the graduate level. Aural Rehab differs from Hearing Dis in that the latter goes into the science of Hearing Disorders, whereas Aural Rehab actually delves into how to treat clients. 

Oh wow! Thank you for that information! I asked everyone I went to undergrad with, but they never heard about it either. lol For the University of Saint Augustine it said it could be credits of Audiology and Aural Rehab or Audiology and  Fundamentals of Hearing, so I was hoping Hearing Disorders would work for that. haha I feel like UCF wouldn't have let me take that class anyways since it's in the graduate program, but too late now lol USAHS said they'd look into for future applicants when I told them UCF doesn't have it for undergrad because I guess a lot of applicants didn't have that class either. So hopefully other's don't run into that problem. But I don't mind too much having to wait for one more semester because if it gets me into grad school,  it gets me into grad school. Thanks for the info again! :) 

Hey Guys,

Quick question about the supplemental application.....it was basic info and no fee, right? I know most programs ask for unofficial transcripts and have a fee associated with their graduate application outside the fee from the CSDCAS. I feel like I'm missing something since it was so quick and simple.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 7:08 AM, Ggslpa said:

Hey Guys,

Quick question about the supplemental application.....it was basic info and no fee, right? I know most programs ask for unofficial transcripts and have a fee associated with their graduate application outside the fee from the CSDCAS. I feel like I'm missing something since it was so quick and simple.

I felt like that too but it was simple. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 6:07 AM, SLP_L said:

Is there anyone in the program now that was in the forum in the past?

I have the same question. It's difficult to find any info about this program. 

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think of the program so far and what is the online format like? I completed my application after the first interviews were sent out so I don't know if my chances are slim, but it is a program I'm really interested in. Like the pp said, there isn't much information online about it

On 3/9/2019 at 5:50 PM, slplo said:

What do you think of the program so far and what is the online format like? I completed my application after the first interviews were sent out so I don't know if my chances are slim, but it is a program I'm really interested in. Like the pp said, there isn't much information online about it

What do you mean about completing your application after first interviews were sent out? When did you submit your application. I know they extended the deadline....I just submitted my application this weekend......

10 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

What do you mean about completing your application after first interviews were sent out? When did you submit your application. I know they extended the deadline....I just submitted my application this weekend......

On the results page it looks like people got invitations to interview on the 15th of Feb. I turned my application in at the end of February.

On 3/12/2019 at 1:34 AM, slplo said:

On the results page it looks like people got invitations to interview on the 15th of Feb. I turned my application in at the end of February.

Oh.. I see. that's disappointing.....I was initially going to turn in my application before they extended the deadline but i took the opportunity to work on my essay longer. :( Hopefully everyone gets a fair shot at a spot because from what i hear if you get an interview it's a pretty strong indicator that you will be accepted.