On 5/1/2019 at 5:38 PM, Ggslpa said:

Well.....if I'm not accepted....which it's looking that way bc I'm still waiting.  I was told I can't reapply til fall 2020. I guess they want you to wait a year. 

Yeah in the letter I received they make you wait six months before you can apply again and you have to submit a letter of what you have improved. I believe you can also only apply twice to the school. 

On 5/2/2019 at 6:46 PM, SavSLP2Be said:

Yeah in the letter I received they make you wait six months before you can apply again and you have to submit a letter of what you have improved. I believe you can also only apply twice to the school. 

Dang. I guess if they don't want you there the 2nd time they don't want you at all.  Im still waiting.... I'm ready to just know.  Im pretty doubtful now.  

12 hours ago, slp.allie said:

Yes, I'm still waiting... it's been 10 1/2 weeks since my interview. 

I emailed my enrollment advisor and she says my application is still under review for the Dallas Campus. I've been waiting 8 weeks on Tuesday. I hope I can at least get a chance to interview. Did you interview in person?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 9:21 AM, Ggslpa said:

I emailed my enrollment advisor and she says my application is still under review for the Dallas Campus. I've been waiting 8 weeks on Tuesday. I hope I can at least get a chance to interview. Did you interview in person?

I just got notified of my interview today! 

17 hours ago, Speechie608 said:

I just got notified of my interview today! 

Oh my gosh! How exciting for you!!! Dallas campus, right? How did they notify you? Email, call? When is it?  Sorry for all the questions....

Edited by Ggslpa
questions

On 5/22/2019 at 9:50 AM, Ggslpa said:

Oh my gosh! How exciting for you!!! Dallas campus, right? How did they notify you? Email, call? When is it?  Sorry for all the questions....

Yes the Dallas campus! The sent me an email and it’s for June 20th! And no worries ask any questions you want! 

On 5/13/2019 at 9:21 AM, Ggslpa said:

I interviewed in person last year, this year I did a skype interview. Both were group interviews 

On 5/25/2019 at 3:14 PM, Speechie608 said:

Yes the Dallas campus! The sent me an email and it’s for June 20th! And no worries ask any questions you want! 

That sort of makes me feel like they have made all their decisions......

1 hour ago, Ggslpa said:

That sort of makes me feel like they have made all their decisions......

I ended up having my interview earlier than anticipated (this month) because I chose to do it online. During the interview they definitely made it seem like there were still spots open for the Austin campus and they have not yet started to fill the Dallas campus if that helps any.

Edited by slplo

2 hours ago, slplo said:

I ended up having my interview earlier than anticipated (this month) because I chose to do it online. During the interview they definitely made it seem like there were still spots open for the Austin campus and they have not yet started to fill the Dallas campus if that helps any.

What was the interview like I would

love tips! 

12 hours ago, slplo said:

Thanks! That does help.

20 hours ago, Speechie608 said:

What was the interview like I would

love tips! 

It wasn't too bad and they really make you feel comfortable. I did the online interview so I am not sure if it's different, but it started with an orientation and then we were separated to groups. I was in a group with a few other students. The questions were about ourselves, how we were as students, professionalism and clinical questions. There were a couple situational questions as well. We had a time limit of 45 minutes I believe so we didn't get through all the questions. 

I just recieved an acceptance email today!

4 hours ago, slplo said:

It wasn't too bad and they really make you feel comfortable. I did the online interview so I am not sure if it's different, but it started with an orientation and then we were separated to groups. I was in a group with a few other students. The questions were about ourselves, how we were as students, professionalism and clinical questions. There were a couple situational questions as well. We had a time limit of 45 minutes I believe so we didn't get through all the questions. 

Congratulations!!! I am currently in USA grad program. Which campus was your acceptance for?

Edited by CaidanFire

And anyone still waiting for interview/decision. It's not over until you are officially notified. I know of at least one person who was accepted the Friday before classes started on the following Monday (because someone deferred until fall). I know waiting and not having answers is hard, but they do look at everything and try to give everyone a chance to get applications in when they are making decisions. They dont just fill the positions as quickly as possible.

Its an awesome program and I feel fortunate to be in it. I wish all of the best of luck.

Let me know if I can answer any questions. I am very busy with studies, but I do check this thread.

Edited by CaidanFire

On 5/28/2019 at 11:27 PM, CaidanFire said:

Congratulations!!! I am currently in USA grad program. Which campus was your acceptance for?

Thank you! I got accepted into the Austin campus.

I did have a question regarding tuition. Do you know if this school ever gives scholarships or assistance? I was told by them that FASFA can only cover a portion of it. I was fortunate enough to get my BA without taking out any loans due to an academic scholarship andI expected to be in some debt after grad school, but I don't really want to take out private loans. I actually got accepted elsewhere with a financial package. The cost of this school is the only thing holding me back from taking the spot. Everything else I have heard and experienced regarding this program has been stellar.

Edited by slplo

3 hours ago, slplo said:

I did have a question regarding tuition. Do you know if this school ever gives scholarships or assistance? I was told by them that FASFA can only cover a portion of it. I was fortunate enough to get my BA without taking out any loans due to an academic scholarship andI expected to be in some debt after grad school, but I don't really want to take out private loans. I actually got accepted elsewhere with a financial package. The cost of this school is the only thing holding me back from taking the spot. Everything else I have heard and experienced regarding this program has been stellar.

As long as you have a decent credit history, you can get GradPlus loans through FAFSA. There aren't any extra steps you need to take to apply for it and it covers the whole cost of tuition and living expenses if it's more than the Stafford loans. The interest rate is higher than the Stafford loans, but I think (?) it's still better than private loans. 

On 5/29/2019 at 12:32 AM, CaidanFire said:

And anyone still waiting for interview/decision. It's not over until you are officially notified. I know of at least one person who was accepted the Friday before classes started on the following Monday (because someone deferred until fall). I know waiting and not having answers is hard, but they do look at everything and try to give everyone a chance to get applications in when they are making decisions. They dont just fill the positions as quickly as possible.

Its an awesome program and I feel fortunate to be in it. I wish all of the best of luck.

Let me know if I can answer any questions. I am very busy with studies, but I do check this thread.

Thanks for this. I am waiting to hear back and hopefully get a chance to interview.

On 5/28/2019 at 8:00 PM, slplo said:

Congratulations on your acceptance!!!! 

12 hours ago, slplo said:

Is the cost for this program super high? I was told it was around 45k which is much cheaper compared to other online programs. But now I'm starting to think that was the cost of the on campus program and not the distance program. 

The current tuition is 55k. They dont offer financial aid beyond fafsa and grad loans. The program is stellar as was mentioned. They have many resources to help each student be successful!

For example..each week we are told what part of the praxis tbe lessons are covering so we can study that portion at the same time. I dont know if other programs do this or not, but USA does.

You are also given the opportunity to remediate certain assisgnments/tests if you do not do well. They want you to LEARN not just get a score.

I had the choice of 2 programs that were more expensive and one considerably cheaper. I chose USA.

Edited by CaidanFire