Provisional admission

vsgajd

Question

What are the chances of a conditional admission turning to an official offer ? I got my conditional offer a week back, I was told that I will be contacted by faculty in the next 2 weeks. I still have not heard anything. I am freaking out. Did they pull my offer ? 

6 answers to this question

What was the offer conditional on? Often a conditional offer is just because you're still in school and they want to see that your grades don't drop suddenly, or it's conditional on funding/faculty support. The offer is conditional until these needs are met.

1 hour ago, Elephas said:

It sounds like it wouldn't hurt for you to follow with faculty you think align with you it could remind someone about you or initiate interest in you. 

This is what I was getting at. Try contacting faculty with interests that align with yours. Tell them you were admitted and are very excited by their work in particular and explain how your experience would contribute to their work.