Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I've been waitlisted at 8 schools and finally got off one this past Friday. It's definitely anxious because I'm waitlisted at my second school and technically still haven't heard anything from my number 1 (they say my application is still being considered but won't tell me if I'm even waitlisted). I'm constantly checking my email and this darn website. I hope that we can hear some news within the week following the 15th. Hopefully the schools will be diligent in going through their waitlists and won't make us last any longer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hopefulslp1 said:

I've been waitlisted at 8 schools and finally got off one this past Friday. It's definitely anxious because I'm waitlisted at my second school and technically still haven't heard anything from my number 1 (they say my application is still being considered but won't tell me if I'm even waitlisted). I'm constantly checking my email and this darn website. I hope that we can hear some news within the week following the 15th. Hopefully the schools will be diligent in going through their waitlists and won't make us last any longer. 

I think most schools have their waitlist ready to start accepting people on Monday. At least I hope they would be prepared but you never know. I was feeling pretty good about getting into one school based off an email I got from the department chair but now the anxiety of “what if everyone accepts their spot” or “what if I’m not as high on the list as I thought” or “what if they run out of spaces for me” is starting to kick in

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm totally ready just to find out! My wait list letter informed me that I should be hearing back by June and July. I was even told by 2 ppl that they know of friends that were accepted off the waitlist the week before and week of orientation. This is my second of year I've been waitlisted.  I'm ready for good news!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel ya. I just talked to the grad program secretary of my number 1 waitlisted school. She said the program isn't "full" yet, but there are more outstanding offers than there are spots available at the moment. Then she also said the committee might decide they have enough people and NOT go to the waitlist even if they end up with less than their target number. However she did say they will close the waitlist soon after April 15, so at least I won't be wondering forever. I wish people would hurry up and decide, but then I'm holding a spot at another university hoping I get off this waitlist. Frustrating, but hopefully we'll find out soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soontobeslp2018 said:

I think most schools have their waitlist ready to start accepting people on Monday. At least I hope they would be prepared but you never know. I was feeling pretty good about getting into one school based off an email I got from the department chair but now the anxiety of “what if everyone accepts their spot” or “what if I’m not as high on the list as I thought” or “what if they run out of spaces for me” is starting to kick in

Yeah, I was told the committee would start accepting people off the waitlist on Monday. It's hard to stay positive, but honestly negative thinking isn't worth it. I struggle with this, too! Just keep thinking everything will work out in the end. :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 20SLP20 said:

I feel ya. I just talked to the grad program secretary of my number 1 waitlisted school. She said the program isn't "full" yet, but there are more outstanding offers than there are spots available at the moment. Then she also said the committee might decide they have enough people and NOT go to the waitlist even if they end up with less than their target number. However she did say they will close the waitlist soon after April 15, so at least I won't be wondering forever. I wish people would hurry up and decide, but then I'm holding a spot at another university hoping I get off this waitlist. Frustrating, but hopefully we'll find out soon. 

Thankfully my top program only sends out the number of acceptances that put the program at their target cohort size so I don’t have to worry about them not going to the waitlist. Really hoping to get good news come Monday or Tuesday. I was told I’m very high on the waitlist so I should know ASAP then

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 20SLP20 said:

Yeah, I was told the committee would start accepting people off the waitlist on Monday. It's hard to stay positive, but honestly negative thinking isn't worth it. I struggle with this, too! Just keep thinking everything will work out in the end. :-)

I’m trying but it’s so hard! I was told I’m very high on the list so I should hear from the program ASAP which is nice. Fingers crossed for both of us!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel998 said:

Declined eastern New Mexico, Missouri State, Southeast Missouri State, northern Colorado, Idaho State, and Wyoming! 

 

Got into Fresno State! My #1 choice since I'll receive in-state tuition and live at home. 

Alright! Thanks for the info. I'm on the waitlist for ENMU. Hopefully, you were not the only one waiting to decline ENMU and open up some spots! Trying to stay positive!  Congratulations on getting into yoour #1 choice! :)

Edited by Ggslpa
Added a congratulations!!
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ggslpa said:

Alright! Thanks for the info. I'm on the waitlist for ENMU. Hopefully, you were not the only one waiting to decline ENMU and open up some spots! Trying to stay positive!  Congratulations on getting into yoour #1 choice! :)

Thank you and good luck! ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daniel998 said:

Declined eastern New Mexico, Missouri State, Southeast Missouri State, northern Colorado, Idaho State, and Wyoming! 

 

Got into Fresno State! My #1 choice since I'll receive in-state tuition and live at home. 

Hi,

Was the UNCO for the online program?  I'm on the waitlist for that program and praying something good will happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same with the “what if the class is full” anxiety but hopefully waiting to hear back with some good news sometime soon from Hofstra which is my top choice ?? (although they never mentioned anything about my rank on the list except that if I don’t hear back by August, it means a No.) Best of luck to us all !! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ggslpa said:

Silly question.....do people get called or emailed when being accepted off a waitlist? Or does it just vary from program to program? 

1 hour ago, Ggslpa said:

Silly question.....do people get called or emailed when being accepted off a waitlist? Or does it just vary from program to program? 

It varies by program. I’ve seen people posting that they’ve gotten called and others saying they got an email 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soontobeslp2018 said:

 

Thanks!  I kind of figured but wasn't sure if I should be panicking every time I get an email or a phone call from a number I don't recognize. I guess both for now! Trying to stay positive : )

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlwaysaFalcon said:

One of my programs accepted me off the waitlist in the mail so check everything.

So you just got a letter?! I know when I've been rejected bc I get an email then a letter in the mail. It seems crazy that they would only send a letter when you are accepted! Thanks for the info. I'm gonna keep an eye out for that too. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andread said:

I'm having a much harder time today than I expected! I was rejected at 5 schools and waitlisted at 3. I'm hoping to hear something from someone today, praying for good news! I'm trying not to spend too much time checking in here today but can't keep my mind off of it. Snapped at my boss and a coworker in a meeting, feeling extremely edgy and impatient. I know we'll know soon, but the waiting is just so hard!

Hoping you hear good news soon! The program I was waiting on emailed us this morning that they closed the waitlist. I will be attending another school, but really had my hopes up for this one. Good luck! This process hasn't been easy.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 20SLP20 said:

Hoping you hear good news soon! The program I was waiting on emailed us this morning that they closed the waitlist. I will be attending another school, but really had my hopes up for this one. Good luck! This process hasn't been easy.

 

Thanks for the good wishes and congrats on your acceptance! Sorry to hear the one school didn't work out but I do have a feeling (at least a hope) that the schools that choose us know we are a good match for them. Good luck to you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 4/15/2018 at 12:38 PM, Ggslpa said:

So you just got a letter?! I know when I've been rejected bc I get an email then a letter in the mail. It seems crazy that they would only send a letter when you are accepted! Thanks for the info. I'm gonna keep an eye out for that too. :)

I got an email to my personal email that said "Accepted" for the 2018 Fall CDIS Cohort, I imagine they will do the same if you are accepted in off the waitlist. Hoping it works out for you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 6:41 PM, dafall said:

I got an email to my personal email that said "Accepted" for the 2018 Fall CDIS Cohort, I imagine they will do the same if you are accepted in off the waitlist. Hoping it works out for you!

Great. Thanks! I hope it works out too! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.