Basics of conferences

3 minutes ago, victoriansimpkins said:

I'll see your '30 minutes beforehand' and raise you 'while the person before me is reading'

LOL yes!!! I hate doing it, because I really am trying to listen to everyone on the panel... but yeah, sorry person before me on every panel ever! Too stressed to listen!

Edited by j.alicea

2 minutes ago, j.alicea said:

LOL yes!!! I hate doing it, because I really am trying to listen to everyone on the panel... but yeah, sorry person before me on every panel ever! Too stressed to listen!

My last two panels I was the first presenter, so I got to actually focus on everyone else's papers and ask intelligent/semi-intelligent questions! My first conference ever i went last and by the time I went, I had no moisture in my mouth at all....and no more water.

@kendalldinniene I see some people have already responded to your question about conferences for BAs but I wanted to add NCUR and NULC for your consideration. I went to NCUR last year as a Junior and it was super laid back, it's a great way to dip your toes in. Only issue is since it's open to all majors, it's unlikely anyone will know what you're talking about, so you won't get as good of Q&A sessions as you would with a literature conference. 

1 minute ago, GoneWilde said:

@kendalldinniene I see some people have already responded to your question about conferences for BAs but I wanted to add NCUR and NULC for your consideration. I went to NCUR last year as a Junior and it was super laid back, it's a great way to dip your toes in. Only issue is since it's open to all majors, it's unlikely anyone will know what you're talking about, so you won't get as good of Q&A sessions as you would with a literature conference. 

Good to know, thank you!