19 hours ago, rmiller32 said:

I did not post the result but I did receive a mass rejection email from a Laura Pierce. Check your junk email, maybe?

If I may ask, did they update the application decision status on your online application account? or is it just the email?

2 hours ago, Sherifoz said:

If I may ask, did they update the application decision status on your online application account? or is it just the email?

There is no status on the online application site. It was just a mass email. See below.

Dear Applicant to the USF I-O Psychology Doctoral Program:

Thank you for applying to the University of South Florida graduate program in Industrial-Organizational Psychology for the Fall 2019 term of entry. Your application has been carefully reviewed by the Graduate Admissions Committee and by faculty of the I-O program. I regret to inform you that you will not be admitted into the program.

Each year the number of qualified applicants far exceeds the available openings.  For this reason, the graduate program must be very selective in making decisions.  Some of the factors taken into consideration when making these decisions include:

·       Competitive GRE scores and grade point average

·       Ability of the program to provide faculty, curricular and/or research opportunities consonant with the applicant’s stated educational objectives

·       Enrollment constraints that restrict the number of applicants that a program can accept

·       Completeness of the applicant’s file

·       Overall competitiveness of application

I appreciate your interest in pursuing graduate education at the University of South Florida.  If in the future you believe that your accomplishments may be competitive, then please do not hesitate to reapply.  I wish you every success in achieving your educational objectives.

I am sorry that your application did not succeed at this point.  I wish you the best in your other applications for admission into a doctoral psychology program that fits your needs.

Sincerely,

Michael Coovert, Ph.D.

Professor and Admissions Chair,

Industrial-Organizational Psychology Doctoral Program

9 minutes ago, rmiller32 said:

There is no status on the online application site. It was just a mass email. See below.

Dear Applicant to the USF I-O Psychology Doctoral Program:

Thank you for applying to the University of South Florida graduate program in Industrial-Organizational Psychology for the Fall 2019 term of entry. Your application has been carefully reviewed by the Graduate Admissions Committee and by faculty of the I-O program. I regret to inform you that you will not be admitted into the program.

Each year the number of qualified applicants far exceeds the available openings.  For this reason, the graduate program must be very selective in making decisions.  Some of the factors taken into consideration when making these decisions include:

·       Competitive GRE scores and grade point average

·       Ability of the program to provide faculty, curricular and/or research opportunities consonant with the applicant’s stated educational objectives

·       Enrollment constraints that restrict the number of applicants that a program can accept

·       Completeness of the applicant’s file

·       Overall competitiveness of application

I appreciate your interest in pursuing graduate education at the University of South Florida.  If in the future you believe that your accomplishments may be competitive, then please do not hesitate to reapply.  I wish you every success in achieving your educational objectives.

I am sorry that your application did not succeed at this point.  I wish you the best in your other applications for admission into a doctoral psychology program that fits your needs.

Sincerely,

Michael Coovert, Ph.D.

Professor and Admissions Chair,

Industrial-Organizational Psychology Doctoral Program

Thanks for the information! I hope you receive good news soonest.

I got an acceptance letter from Illinois Institute of Technology - I likely wont accept though since the funding is very shaky. 

I also had an interview with someone from Northern Illinois University, who said that they should be making final offers next week sometime.

x

Edited by crovanika

22 hours ago, petitebiscuit said:

Oddly enough, ditto!

23 hours ago, psychedpsyched said:

I will not be attending, but I work for OU so if you're not from here and want any information on Oklahoma/Norman PM me!

Wow - thanks! I'll be in touch if I end up going there :) 

17 hours ago, crovanika said:

I got an acceptance letter from Illinois Institute of Technology - I likely wont accept though since the funding is very shaky. 

I also had an interview with someone from Northern Illinois University, who said that they should be making final offers next week sometime.

x

Was the interview for NIU's MA or PhD program? I'm applying out of undergrad so I had to apply to MA first with the intention to go on to their PhD program. I wonder if they make those decisions separately. 

Edited by Savannah_C

1 hour ago, hejsan said:

I have not received any update through email or portal from USF either!

Ha yea I was talking to someone else in the same spot and we agreed that we are basically the emergency list in case they get a lot of unexpected rejections. I would think they will email us if they wanted us to keep our options open. 

So I just got my first rejection from the University of Houston. Can't say I fit their typical admit in terms of GPA/GRE, so I'm not too surprised. Congrats to everyone who did get in though! 

Edited by OddIsEven

On 3/2/2019 at 4:59 PM, Savannah_C said:

Was the interview for NIU's MA or PhD program? I'm applying out of undergrad so I had to apply to MA first with the intention to go on to their PhD program. I wonder if they make those decisions separately. 

Since I am also applying straight out of undergrad, I suppose it is technically for the MA program. I don't know if they make those decisions separately (but I assume they would?), but we spoke to each other with the assumption that I  am doing a PhD:)

Edited by crovanika

6 hours ago, dohee said:

Has anyone heard from Georgia Tech, Penn State and Columbia University?

I haven't heard a peep from Penn State either. I assume they will must send a mass email and reject us all at the same time with one quick swipe of the sword. 

I may go ahead and withdraw my application - just got an offer from top choice school!

42 minutes ago, petitebiscuit said:

I haven't heard a peep from Penn State either. I assume they will must send a mass email and reject us all at the same time with one quick swipe of the sword. 

I may go ahead and withdraw my application - just got an offer from top choice school!

Thanks for the reply. Congrats on the admission!

5 minutes ago, petitebiscuit said:

Lol they must have read my mind because I just got my rejection letter from PSU.

Hi was it a mass rejection email or did you check the portal thing?

And congrats on your acceptance!