Just got my first official rejection from Purdue. Happy Tuesday! (and congrats to all who got in)

Actually glad to be hearing SOMETHING. Fingers crossed for some good news this week. 

2 hours ago, Savannah_C said:

Just got my first official rejection from Purdue. Happy Tuesday! (and congrats to all who got in)

Actually glad to be hearing SOMETHING. Fingers crossed for some good news this week. 

Got a denial from them today as well... 

Congrats to those that got in!!

On 1/22/2019 at 6:15 PM, Joegeo said:

Ha yea,thanks for the well wishes. I can't do anything but laugh since it's a sucky spot. One hour thinking you made it the next it got ripped away. 

Apparently, I got accepted admissions after all to Albany haha. They told me the admissions was valid and it was just sent out too early. Finally got the first. Good luck to all of you guys/gals!

I am a lurker who applied this cycle too, just got waitlisted by DePaul today and started googling to see if I could find anyone else in the same situation. Does anyone know what the odds of getting off the waitlist are?

Just for record I applied to: BGSU, UWaterloo, DePaul, Univ of Illinois Urbana- Champaign, GMU. GWU, and Penn State.

UWaterloo basically told me back in December (after I submitted my app fee of course) that they didn't have funding for international applicants this year. So just fyi, if anyone else applied from the States. 

Edited by Lilyliana

3 hours ago, OddIsEven said:

Don't you all just wish we could fast forward ahead to mid-March? All of our pressing questions would be answered by then, and we could start picking destinations. 

A man can dream lol. 

YES! I spend way too much time looking at houses in a bunch of random cities I might not end up at. I’m just ready to start actually planning and preparing and not sitting around waiting! 

2 hours ago, londonbnd said:

Has anyone ever called a program to ask about admission decisions in general (without identifying yourself)? Is this looked down upon? 

I only asked Ohio University because I applied there last year so I knew they had an early deadline. So I email them basically to confirm I was passed up.

7 hours ago, rmiller32 said:

Interviewed with UCF today. They have narrowed their applicant pool down to 13-15 and are interviewing them this week. They expect to have decisions out next week.

Hope the interview went well--best of luck! I'm interviewing with them on Friday. Whose your POI if you don't mind me asking?

7 hours ago, rmiller32 said:

Interviewed with UCF today. They have narrowed their applicant pool down to 13-15 and are interviewing them this week. They expect to have decisions out next week.

Is this for their Ph.D. or Master program? 

If anyone applied to work with Dr. Kraiger at CSU I just noticed on the website that he has moved to the University of Memphis into a management program. Guess I should have emailed him before applying. ;-(

Hi everyone! New to posting, but I've been lurking for a few weeks and I thought I should probably share some info. I applied to: Colorado State, George Mason, Penn State, Rice, TAMU, and Univ of Minnesota.

TAMU has already had interviews (I went mid-January, still haven't heard back). I heard from the grad students at TAMU that Rice, Minnesota, and Michigan have all sent out or had interviews. I also know that this week Colorado just started inviting people to interview. I hope I get a call today, but to be honest, I'm not sure if they did all their calling yesterday (my friend got a call) or just this week in general. Hopefully I hear something back from someone. The process is really stressing me out. I really appreciate this resource, though. If anyone has updates on the schools I've applied to, please post them. Thanks :) 

1 hour ago, FingersCrossed101 said:

Hi everyone! New to posting, but I've been lurking for a few weeks and I thought I should probably share some info. I applied to: Colorado State, George Mason, Penn State, Rice, TAMU, and Univ of Minnesota.

TAMU has already had interviews (I went mid-January, still haven't heard back). I heard from the grad students at TAMU that Rice, Minnesota, and Michigan have all sent out or had interviews. I also know that this week Colorado just started inviting people to interview. I hope I get a call today, but to be honest, I'm not sure if they did all their calling yesterday (my friend got a call) or just this week in general. Hopefully I hear something back from someone. The process is really stressing me out. I really appreciate this resource, though. If anyone has updates on the schools I've applied to, please post them. Thanks :)

Thank you for all of these updates! Are you referring to Michigan State or Central Michigan? 

Anyone know what to expect from Open House/Visit Weekends? 

Are they more of a formality or are they genuine interviews? The University where I was invited only carries out their Open House for a day, and my POI described it as essentially a chance to meet the graduate students and faculty. 

Not too sure what to expect honestly. 

On 1/29/2019 at 3:42 PM, laura_0h said:

Has anyone heard anything from University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Penn State, Clemson, or University of Nebraska-Omaha ?? 

My POI from UN-Omaha reached out with an offer, but I have to wait a bit to hear about funding. My first acceptance, so yay! I hope you hear something soon too!

Has anybody heard from Penn State? And Michigan State? I find it crazy that their deadlines were Dec 1 and we haven't heard anything yet.