34 minutes ago, Sherifoz said:

Has anyone received feedback from Michigan State University, University of Minnesota, University of South Florida, or the University of Calgary?

To the best of my knowledge, no one on here has heard from USF. I'm still waiting to hear back from them and NCSU if anyone has information. ?

1 hour ago, Sherifoz said:

Has anyone received feedback from Michigan State University, University of Minnesota, University of South Florida, or the University of Calgary?

I'm still waiting to hear back from Michigan State but I've assumed it's a rejection at this point. 

20 minutes ago, historygeek said:

Literally asking for a friend here, but does anyone know what's up with SLU?

Was just at a recruitment visit and a fellow applicant stated they were visiting (don’t remember if interview or not) within the next couple weeks. So I assume they’ve already made contact with applicants. 

I hope this information is helpful!

3 hours ago, rmiller32 said:

GMU posted rejection letters on their portal on Friday. No emails went out. Go check your application status.

Yikes, I don't have a rejection letter so I guess they forgot about me?? 

54 minutes ago, HopingForOne said:

Yikes, I don't have a rejection letter so I guess they forgot about me?? 

I have nothing on mine but they emailed me that I was on the waitlist, but I assume you have not gotten any word?

I guess you might be on an alternative waitlist?

Edited by Joegeo

1 hour ago, Savannah_C said:

Yeah I don’t have any news for SLU on my portal yet. Also have not gotten any email saying I’m on the waitlist. Hopefully no news is good news? 

Yea I will take it that you are on some alternative waitlist. Better than nothing but I am not sure the chances of making it to the next cut.

I know it's probably not a good idea but I feel much more attached to a program that accepted me right away compared to ones that I got off a waitlist. It's not rational but it feels good to a program firsts choice compared to a 9th choice. 

55 minutes ago, Joegeo said:

I know it's probably not a good idea but I feel much more attached to a program that accepted me right away compared to ones that I got off a waitlist. It's not rational but it feels good to a program firsts choice compared to a 9th choice. 

A wise man once taught me that it's okay to not be someone's first choice. 

You'll know the right place when the time comes to decide. 

Applied: Bowling Green, CSU, LSU, Clemson, UCF, Houston, UGA, Auburn, Florida Tech 
Accepted Waitlisted Rejected Open House

On 2/24/2019 at 10:34 PM, rmiller32 said:

GMU posted rejection letters on their portal on Friday. No emails went out. Go check your application status.

There was no change to my status on the portal, but I did get a generic email yesterday from the program director asking if I still wanted to be considered for the MA program (because I selected it in the application). It was in my spam inbox, so be aware that you may have received an email if you applied as well! 

1 hour ago, Joegeo said:

Same exact way I'm feeling. Was the program you were accepted into one of your top programs?

Do you guys think a rocky phone call with your POI can seriously damage your standing within a short list? 

I hit it off really well with my POI at Auburn during my initial interview, and got invited to open house weekend less than a day later. However, I spoke with them on the phone last week about research (pretty general questions/conversation topics) and I felt like it was a pretty rocky conversation from start to finish (i.e., stutters, accidental interruptions, slip ups [on both ends], etc.). I travel there tomorrow, so that conversation is weighing pretty heavily on my mind - especially since my POI won't be there for Open House Weekend. 

Just wanted to know what y'all thought. 

Applied: Bowling Green, CSU, LSU, Clemson, UCF, Houston, UGA, Auburn, Florida Tech 

Also - I spoke with Dr. Sinclair from Clemson. They've made an initial round of offers, but expect at least one or two people to drop, meaning a few more offers might be given out. They plan on having the cohorts for both the Masters and Doctoral programs sorted out by the end of March. 

3 hours ago, OddIsEven said:

Do you guys think a rocky phone call with your POI can seriously damage your standing within a short list? 

I hit it off really well with my POI at Auburn during my initial interview, and got invited to open house weekend less than a day later. However, I spoke with them on the phone last week about research (pretty general questions/conversation topics) and I felt like it was a pretty rocky conversation from start to finish (i.e., stutters, accidental interruptions, slip ups [on both ends], etc.). I travel there tomorrow, so that conversation is weighing pretty heavily on my mind - especially since my POI won't be there for Open House Weekend. 

Applied: Bowling Green, CSU, LSU, Clemson, UCF, Houston, UGA, Auburn, Florida Tech 

Well as Psychology majors we know how much weight first impressions carry and it sounds like you made a good first impression. Phone conversations can be hard because you can't read facial expressions or body language, especially if you don't know the person. Plus the conversation probably wasn't as bad as you think it was. I don't think you should be worried. Just focus on preparing for tomorrow and good luck, you'll do great! 

Also- thanks for the info about Clemson!

Edited by Savannah_C

3 hours ago, OddIsEven said:

I am sure it was fine. I think they expect some awkwardness for phone talks and know you can be a bit stress out. 

7 hours ago, OddIsEven said:

I just want to echo what the others have said! The good first impressed is more important than an awkward phone call. It's always easier to only think of the bad parts of the phone call and amplify those, but I'm sure it's not as bad as you remember! Be confident and focus on the next step! It's never too late to leave a new impression! Your in-person impression will be much stronger than a phone call. You're going to do great!!!

1 minute ago, Joegeo said:

Can the person who posted their rejection from USF DM me how they found out? I checked my status and don't see an update.

I did not post the result but I did receive a mass rejection email from a Laura Pierce. Check your junk email, maybe?

Just now, rmiller32 said:

I did not post the result but I did receive a mass rejection email from a Laura Pierce. Check your junk email, maybe?

I just checked and nothing there. I am assuming I am on some alternative waitlist way down the list of possible candidates.