2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

Hey guys so I’m sorry it’s been a long time and I’ve been crazy busy cause of my research paper. But here’s an update.

I’m now applying to 

Ualberta MPH

SFU MPH

usasks MPH 

Edited by DAM

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I am interested in applying to UBC because Canada is lightyears ahead of the US in terms of harm reduction practice & research (specifically for people who inject drugs). However, I am not sure whether or not to apply to the MPH or the MHSc? If anyone has any insight please PM me. I know the MHSc will be more research-oriented but I don't know if I want to commit to research for the rest of my life. There is very limited info available on the website and I don't think I can afford to apply to both. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2018 at 12:07 AM, Veeramrit said:

Hey all it's such a relief hearing from you all that we all are running in the same race?.As,I really wished to talk to someone regarding MPH because I came to know about this program just a few month backs but yes now with help of Google I have gathered information.But m just so upset with my aggregate of 78% (I have done b.pharmacy from India). So these low scores are limiting my dream of studying in a renowned University but if any of you may suggest Universities that would accept my application .I would cherish that.

same here i hv done bpharm from india with 79% nd looking forward to MPH.

anyone got some update?

and please review my profile.

I have done BPHARMACY WITH 79% in last two years of study nd ielts 7.5.

i have applied in

1)U O Alberta

2) U O Sask

3)guelph uni

4)lakehead uni

5)victoria uni

Is their any chances of getting into these. my preference is U O A.

i dnt hv any exp though :(

On 11/25/2018 at 4:01 PM, DAM said:

Hey guys so I’m sorry it’s been a long time and I’ve been crazy busy cause of my research paper. But here’s an update.

I’m now applying to 

Ualberta MPH

SFU MPH

usasks MPH 

please review my profile in above comment and let me know some safe side I am international student with no exp... 

Hello everyone,

I have some questions regarding the MPH Occupation and Environmental Health at U of T Dalla Lana. 

1) Do they ONLY look at your last 5 credits for GPA purposes?

2) Does anyone know employment stats for this program?

3) Any general info/feedback on this program would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Hello! 

I am currently a student at Western University MPH, if you have any questions feel free to ask ? I'll post some stats about me below:

H.B.ASc in Kinesiology 2015

GPA: 3.78

Applied to: Western MPH (Current), Queen's MPH (Accepted), UofT Health Promotion (Rejected), McMaster MPH (Waitlisted) 

You can also dm me on my instagram: @thestudyingmango 

?

Edited by thestudyingmango

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 10:10 PM, dentistdoc said:

Hi guys,

I am an international applicant , with last year not making it anywhere , i have applied again this year to , Alberta,Manitoba and Usask.

Hope for the best.

☺️

what Uni u applied last year?

On 12/29/2018 at 4:08 PM, Sam93 said:

Hello everyone,

I have some questions regarding the MPH Occupation and Environmental Health at U of T Dalla Lana. 

1) Do they ONLY look at your last 5 credits for GPA purposes?

2) Does anyone know employment stats for this program?

3) Any general info/feedback on this program would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks!

@Sam93

1) I think they look at the last 2 years

2) It is probably the most employable program in Ontario (if not Canada)

3) check out this new site. I found it helpful: https://realtalkpublichealth.com/

On 12/5/2018 at 9:16 PM, stephanie.0 said:

Hey all,

I am interested in applying to UBC because Canada is lightyears ahead of the US in terms of harm reduction practice & research (specifically for people who inject drugs). However, I am not sure whether or not to apply to the MPH or the MHSc? If anyone has any insight please PM me. I know the MHSc will be more research-oriented but I don't know if I want to commit to research for the rest of my life. There is very limited info available on the website and I don't think I can afford to apply to both. 

@stephanie.0

It really depends on what you want to do after. Research or practice?

On 10/23/2018 at 6:47 PM, Emily_Ww said:

Hey everyone, I stumbled upon this forum just from past searches of being on this route last year. I am currently doing my MPH at McMaster this year and if anyone has any questions about anything let me know. I know what the process is like and would be happy to help anyone out with questions :)

Hello Emily

I applied to McMaster and was curious how you are liking it so far? I haven't been able to find a list of the electives they offer, so I was wondering if you knew if they have a decent offering of Environmental and occupational health courses.

On 11/25/2018 at 3:31 AM, DAM said:

I’m now applying to 

Ualberta MPH

SFU MPH

usasks MPH 

I applied to the same 3 programs, plus Lakehead MPH (Indigenous and Northern Health).

Could you share your thoughts on what you think about the programs? I'm trying to rank my choices. 

On 12/24/2018 at 9:09 PM, Loveleen said:

anyone got some update?

and please review my profile.

I have done BPHARMACY WITH 79% in last two years of study nd ielts 7.5.

i have applied in

1)U O Alberta

2) U O Sask

3)guelph uni

4)lakehead uni

5)victoria uni

Is their any chances of getting into these. my preference is U O A.

i dnt hv any exp though :(

I also applied to Alberta, Sask, Lakehead, plus SFU. Could you share your thoughts on the programs and why your preference is UofA? 

Trying to rank my choices here.

On 1/24/2019 at 12:03 AM, Mission2508 said:

All the best to you. What would you like to do after in the field?

Thank you. I am looking to pursue a career as an occupational hygienist and probably working in the industry or in the public sector. 

On 1/23/2019 at 9:15 PM, bobbers said:

Hello everybody, 

I am applying to UofT's MPH in Occupational and Environmental Health as well as McGill's Master of Science in Occupational Health. 

Hey,

I also applied to UofT's MPH in Occ & Env Health! 

I just want the next few months to speed up to hear a response!

On 1/26/2019 at 2:35 AM, car. said:

I also applied to Alberta, Sask, Lakehead, plus SFU. Could you share your thoughts on the programs and why your preference is UofA? 

Trying to rank my choices here.

Alberta's school of public health is very good on world rank...  its very reputable uni... so preference is UOA and i also know its difficult to get in there.. :P

On 1/26/2019 at 8:24 PM, Loveleen said:

Alberta's school of public health is very good on world rank...  its very reputable uni... so preference is UOA and i also know its difficult to get in there.. :P

Yeah my order is UofA > SFU > Sask > Lakehead.

So far I've only heard back from Saskatchewan (accepted), but I'm hoping to hear back from the others soon! 

On 1/28/2019 at 3:38 PM, car. said:

Just wanted to update everyone in case anyone's wondering about Saskatchewan

School: University of Saskatchewan

Date: Jan 25

CONGRATS :) 

You applied for MPH or MSC population med?

share ur profile? please