2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

14 minutes ago, HPRO said:

Yes it's online with two 2-week on campus courses.

I go to uWaterloo, I'm graduating in a few months! Love the program. The profs were all stellar and very accomplished in their fields. My practicum was great. 

The only reason they aren't CEPH accredited is because they do not have a Medical program at the school. It's one of the oldest MPH programs in Canada. 

6 minutes ago, neonlily said:

I go to uWaterloo, I'm graduating in a few months! Love the program. The profs were all stellar and very accomplished in their fields. My practicum was great. 

The only reason they aren't CEPH accredited is because they do not have a Medical program at the school. It's one of the oldest MPH programs in Canada. 

Thanks so much for this :) Both schools and programs are very well respected, and I'm doing both distance. So I've just been looking through the required courses and I think that will be what helps me make my final decision. So glad you enjoyed the program! That's great to hear.

Guys, I have one question. i got accepted to western uni. But I was waiting for SFU at the same time. The deadline to Accept or decline an offer for western is coming real close. If I accept the offer but then find out I have offers from SFU, can i switch to SFU? If yes, does that mean I will not have my deposit back right?

i emailed SFU a week ago to ask when they would stop sending offers but still no replies...

10 hours ago, dknyy18897 said:

Guys, I have one question. i got accepted to western uni. But I was waiting for SFU at the same time. The deadline to Accept or decline an offer for western is coming real close. If I accept the offer but then find out I have offers from SFU, can i switch to SFU? If yes, does that mean I will not have my deposit back right?

i emailed SFU a week ago to ask when they would stop sending offers but still no replies...

I believe you can switch, you just won't get your deposit back I'm guessing...but I'm not 100% sure. When do you have to accept Western by?

2 hours ago, bve5 said:

I believe you can switch, you just won't get your deposit back I'm guessing...but I'm not 100% sure. When do you have to accept Western by?

I remember that I read somewhere the deadline was April 15. But to be sure I will probably take the offer at the end of March if I dont hear anything from SFU. Thanks for your reply ^_^

On 3/21/2019 at 7:20 PM, lighght said:

Ah, I see. So choosing between Toronto and Columbia? Sounds pretty lit but I suppose as a Canadian it’s hard to pay US tuition. Toronto seems like a good choice if financials aren’t an issue!

Since Columbia is private, tuition cost is the same for everyone!

I think another reason I wouldn't go to UBC is because they're not CEPH accredited, but I've been accepted to the one program at U of T that is (Epi requires the GRE to meet the accreditation).

Hi there, 

I was wondering if anyone got an email from UofT MPH Health promo? They sent me an email saying they were going to make a strong recommendation for my application but it still has to go through a final round of review? Does this mean I've essentially been accepted to the program? 

3 minutes ago, AhonaN said:

Hi there, 

I was wondering if anyone got an email from UofT MPH Health promo? They sent me an email saying they were going to make a strong recommendation for my application but it still has to go through a final round of review? Does this mean I've essentially been accepted to the program? 

When did they email you? And does your portal say Under Review still? I applied to HP but haven't heard anything. 

4 hours ago, AhonaN said:

Hi there, 

Congrats! I also got an email but SGS shows still under review. I'm not 100% sure if that means we've been accepted? 

On 3/22/2019 at 9:18 PM, dknyy18897 said:

Yes, you can accept the offer for the mean time. I do know that you just won't get your deposit back if you decide to accept SFU's offer. 

According to SFU's webinar, they send out offers as late as August. 

1 hour ago, joyinvancouver said:

Yes, you can accept the offer for the mean time. I do know that you just won't get your deposit back if you decide to accept SFU's offer

According to SFU's webinar, they send out offers as late as August. 

really? I never think it's gonna be that late as an international student like me will not be able to apply for visa for September term :<

On 3/22/2019 at 10:18 PM, dknyy18897 said:

As other people have said, I believe that yes you can switch, but the deposit is probably non-refundable.

Just so you know, I was accepted to SFU on March 14 and my letter says I have 14 days to reply. Assuming other people received their offers at around the same time, I'd assume the deadlines are around end of March for everyone, so they'll probably start sending out more offers in April from the people who declined!

Best of luck! 

31 minutes ago, SR31 said:

Hey guys, I just got waitlisted by brock. Would anyone by any chance know how long it would take them to make a final decision, or what the chances are for acceptance once you've been waitlisted?

Waitlisted usually means you'll receive an offer if other applicants decline theirs. See if you can find someone who's been accepted to Brock and what their deadline to accept their offer is. You can probably assume they'll start sending more offers after that deadline.

6 hours ago, car. said:

As other people have said, I believe that yes you can switch, but the deposit is probably non-refundable.

Just so you know, I was accepted to SFU on March 14 and my letter says I have 14 days to reply. Assuming other people received their offers at around the same time, I'd assume the deadlines are around end of March for everyone, so they'll probably start sending out more offers in April from the people who declined!

Best of luck! 

Thank you so much! Congrats on the offer ^__^

Hi there,

I was also waitlisted at McMaster, can anyone who was accepted share the deadline they received to accept their offer?

I applied to UofT and Waterloo as well but my portals still say under review/no decision made yet and I haven't got any email yet either so I'm assuming those might be rejections?

Edited by ButtS

4 hours ago, ButtS said:

Hi there,

I was also waitlisted at McMaster, can anyone who was accepted share the deadline they received to accept their offer?

I applied to UofT and Waterloo as well but my portals still say under review/no decision made yet and I haven't got any email yet either so I'm assuming those might be rejections?

What did your email from McMaster say about the waitlist? 

I was accepted to the McMaster program, but I have not received my package yet from the graduate department. I contacted the MPH department and we should be getting those soon. I will let you know! 

1 hour ago, MPH2021 said:

What did your email from McMaster say about the waitlist? 

I was accepted to the McMaster program, but I have not received my package yet from the graduate department. I contacted the MPH department and we should be getting those soon. I will let you know! 

"The MPH Selection Committee has completed its review of applicants. Your application was considered to be strong, but due to the large number of applicants this year, we are not yet able to offer you a position in the program. You will be placed on a waitlist and you will hear whether or not we can make an offer sometime before the end of July 2019."

Oh okay, thank you!

On 3/23/2019 at 4:28 PM, AhonaN said:

Hi there, 

Hey, congratulations!  When did you submit your application to U of T?