2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

32 minutes ago, ritsmph said:

I just got waited listed for Guelph MPH. The email reads:

"The MPH Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and has recommended that your application to the Master of Public Health (MPH) program be placed on the wait list. Your chance of receiving an offer of admission is dependent on the number of first list candidates that accept their offers. We received over 300 applications for 25 spots in the program.  It was highly competitive and you should be congratulated on your great application package"

Does anyone have any insights on the chances of being accepted to the program? 

I have no idea but based on the avaible spots is only 25. I assume it’s extremely competitive!

1 hour ago, hannahshh said:

Hello,

I'm new here and wanted to hear peoples thoughts on SFU MPH and U of T DLSPH health promotion.

I've been accepted to SFU MPH with entrance scholarship and still under review for U of T, but received an email indicating that the "program will make a strong recommendation". Which to me sounds like I am halfway in, but not really hahaha. 

What are your thoughts on SFU MPH vs U of T health promotion in regards to employability overseas, student support, and collaborative work?

I would love to hear peoples thoughts.

Cheers!

Hey. Congrats! When did you receive the email from UofT?

7 hours ago, mph2019 said:

Hey. Congrats! When did you receive the email from UofT?

Thank you. I received one email from DLSPH saying that they would make a strong recommendation to the Graduate Admissions.

I got an email from U of T DLSPH saying they are strongly recommending me for admission and that the only thing left is an administrative review by the grad department. Has anyone who has gotten this email gotten their official offer of admission from U of T?

1 hour ago, jj114 said:

I got an email from U of T DLSPH saying they are strongly recommending me for admission and that the only thing left is an administrative review by the grad department. Has anyone who has gotten this email gotten their official offer of admission from U of T?

Congrats! Just curious as to when you received this email and which specific program you applied to (i.e. epidemiology or health promotion).

29 minutes ago, ohnanawhatsmyname said:

Congrats! Just curious as to when you received this email and which specific program you applied to (i.e. epidemiology or health promotion).

Thanks! I got the email on the 23rd of March and for the Health Promotion stream

4 hours ago, HaileyS said:

hey! been lurking on this page for a while now. I've been accepted to Queens and Guelph's MPH and waitlisted for Mac MPH and still waiting for a response from Western MPH. Which MPH is better, Guelph or Queens?

Go for queens because i am on Guelph wait list. I may have a chance ? When is the last date to respond to offer for guelph mph?

Guelph MPH is significantly inclined towards infectious and zoonotic diseases for public health, is one of a kind in One Health and is a disciple of OVC. OVC is top ranked without doubts.

So choice depends in which sector of public health you wana work on.

27 minutes ago, AhmadVet said:

Go for queens because i am on Guelph wait list. I may have a chance ? When is the last date to respond to offer for guelph mph?

Guelph MPH is significantly inclined towards infectious and zoonotic diseases for public health, is one of a kind in One Health and is a disciple of OVC. OVC is top ranked without doubts.

So choice depends in which sector of public health you wana work on.

Thanks for your input! :) Guelph didn't give me a date to respond yet. They said accept/decline option will come with the official letter, which will be sent in a week or two. 

3 hours ago, jj114 said:

In early March I received an e-mail with a very similar statement from Mac MPH. I received my official package the other day :)  so I think this could be good news for you! 

Did you apply to the MPH Health Promotion stream at UoT?

Edited by MPH2021

Guest mcoups
3 hours ago, dentistdoc said:

Did anyone heard anything from USASK recently?

Hey I was accepted about 2 days ago, I'm a domestic applicant though, so I'm not sure how helpful that info is!

22 hours ago, mmcgu041 said:

Just another update: got a call from Western on Wednesday about my acceptance!! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back and congrats to those who have been accepted ?

Congratulations!! What's the deadline for you to accept their offer? I am waiting to hear back from Western ??

8 hours ago, Jony said:

Congratulations!! What's the deadline for you to accept their offer? I am waiting to hear back from Western ??

Thank you! May 15th, but I will be declining since I have already accepted my offer from McGill :) Good luck!!