2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

20 hours ago, BHSc2018 said:

FYI - I was waitlisted too. It doesn't really matter as I have already decided on Waterloo's MSc, but good luck to you all!

Congratulations!! All the best at Waterloo 

Did you already contact them about the rejection? Perhaps more waitlist spots are opening up as people are rejecting. 

On 4/17/2019 at 9:30 PM, Norhaha said:

Hey! still waiting to hear from U of T health promo, and I know others are too - how did you know they sent out the 2nd round? also would love to know what they say when they respond to your email!

Hi, I believe someone said this a few weeks ago. And yes, once they reply back I will let you know! Good luck

On 4/18/2019 at 5:03 PM, globalhealthenthusiast said:

Just got the admissions offer from McMaster Global Health with scholarship! Only have a week to decide to accept or not though!

Congrats, that's awesome! :) I am still waiting to hear back from them, do you mind sharing your profile?

On 4/18/2019 at 12:22 PM, Stardust3000 said:

Thanks so much for sharing, @QueensSpec! As of today, 47 people had accepted their offers (program has 60 seats total). Would you happen to know about any other criteria that may use, such as ethnic background, nationality, etc? 

It is possible that some of those 47 might have accepted the offers at other universities as well, and then decide to not pay the deposit at Western MPH by early June.   

On this chat itself, I see 9 of us who have been waitlisted, including myself (there are currently 13 spots available, assuming all of the 47 attend). @a19 @PD9090 @KPJ @QueensSpec @kuttychathan @HaileyS @PM26 @Mph201999

Would you like to share your background (undergrad/grad/major) to help us get a better estimate? Also, will anyone be rejected their Western MPH offer?

I will be graduating with a Bachelor of Science (Physics) from Canada this Spring. I have public health & healthcare experience.

On another note, I just received a rejection from MUN. Was hoping for at least a waitlist hahaha *crying internally*

I am a BHSc student, 3.7 GPA. Tbh I don't think my application is very competitive for Western because they are looking for more experience than I have. I am waiting on a decision from McMaster's Global Health program and that is my first choice. Western is my second choice so fingers crossed for both

On 4/20/2019 at 9:18 PM, KPJ said:

I am a BHSc student, 3.7 GPA. Tbh I don't think my application is very competitive for Western because they are looking for more experience than I have. I am waiting on a decision from McMaster's Global Health program and that is my first choice. Western is my second choice so fingers crossed for both

All the best for McMaster!!

Have you learned anything new about Western's waitlist? 

Congrats for all who received the offers! 

I am an international student and still waiting for my results. 

I feel like the admission in Canada MPH is extremely competitive compared to other countries. (more than US?) 

I wonder why it is. Is the master course is generally competitive in Canada? or is it only for MPH?   

Also, I would like to know the approximate proportion of international students in MPH. I heard there is a very limited chance.. 

49 minutes ago, canadaa said:

Congrats for all who received the offers! 

I am an international student and still waiting for my results. 

I feel like the admission in Canada MPH is extremely competitive compared to other countries. (more than US?) 

I wonder why it is. Is the master course is generally competitive in Canada? or is it only for MPH?   

Also, I would like to know the approximate proportion of international students in MPH. I heard there is a very limited chance.. 

I feel that there are very less seats in MPH, as compared to US Universities...and further to that .. less proportion of seats for international students.

And also fees is on a lower side.....therefore too many applicants.

3 hours ago, Emilia Marie said:

Just got a reject from Usask, heart broken

I also got rejection last week.....extremely sad

Had high hopes with USASk..all this while

Edited by dentistdoc

On 4/22/2019 at 1:58 PM, timbuktu said:

Just got accepted into the global health program at mcmaster :) Anyone have insight about this program compared to the health promo mph at UfT?

Congratulations :) I don't know much about the U of T program. Did they email you your offer? I'm still waiting for a reply

Just now, katy123 said:

I got accepted in the UofT Epi program today! WIll accept!

Yay! I was accepted back in March, but am excited to finally see some future classmates on here ?

10 minutes ago, katy123 said:

I got accepted in the UofT Epi program today! WIll accept!

Congratulations!!!

I'm still waiting to hear back from UofT, but would you mind sharing when is your deadline to accept or decline the offer? Also, are you international or domestic applicant?

Thanks!!!