2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

On 5/16/2019 at 6:29 PM, _kper1897 said:

Has anyone who applied to the MPH Epidemiology program at U of T heard back from them this month with a decision? I have not yet received a notification and I’m just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation! Starting to think a lack of communication is indicative of rejection. 

I also haven't heard back...trying to stay positive! Did you apply to OGS?

I did not apply to OGS. Anyway, talked to them on the phone today and they let me know that decisions are still being made for the Epi and Nutrition streams. They said if you haven’t heard back yet, you’re still under review and that they’ll get to each applicant by June 30th. 

Hope this helps!

7 hours ago, Stardust3000 said:

Anyone else also waiting to hear back from Western? :(

I'm still waiting  to hear back from Western, but I think they will let us know early June (I'm hoping by next week). 

Does anyone know what kind of waitlist movement Western has?

On 5/27/2019 at 5:57 PM, _kper1897 said:

I did not apply to OGS. Anyway, talked to them on the phone today and they let me know that decisions are still being made for the Epi and Nutrition streams. They said if you haven’t heard back yet, you’re still under review and that they’ll get to each applicant by June 30th. 

Hope this helps!

Yeah I emailed and got the same response unfortunately. I'm quite worried about the OGS thing as it being strongly recommended makes it seem as if we don't have a chance without it. Thanks for your help!

On 5/28/2019 at 6:18 AM, Stardust3000 said:

Anyone else also waiting to hear back from Western? :(

I am. I was waitlisted, still waiting ?

2 hours ago, KPJ said:

Anyone on the waitlist for Western MPH or McMaster Global Health heard back yet or know when we will hear back? 

I'm waitlisted at western for the MPH. not sure when they will let us know. :(

27 minutes ago, ASK__ said:

I'm waitlisted at western for the MPH. not sure when they will let us know. :(

They said they will get back to everyone by the end of June. 

Apparently, they will be picking people from various categories such as BSc/BA/mature students for a more diverse class. It looks like they have an over-representation of BSc students who have accepted their offers. 

What is your background? I am a BSc Physics major. ?I hope we have some movement on the waitlist 

3 hours ago, Stardust3000 said:

Apparently, they will be picking people from various categories such as BSc/BA/mature students for a more diverse class. It looks like they have an over-representation of BSc students who have accepted their offers. 

What is your background? I am a BSc Physics major. ?I hope we have some movement on the waitlist 

hey, i am waitlisted as well. how did you find out that they have an overrepresentation of BSc students? I am BSc double major in med sci and psych. damn this really makes me very anxious.

14 hours ago, Stardust3000 said:

Im a BHSc student (pretty similar to a BSc I guess ? )

13 hours ago, kuttychathan said:

hey, i am waitlisted as well. how did you find out that they have an overrepresentation of BSc students? I am BSc double major in med sci and psych. damn this really makes me very anxious.

Please don’t be concerned or quote me. There are a lot of other holistic factors to be considered as well. They want a more diverse class, so they could pull people off the waitlist in order to achieve that. 

The good news is that they don’t have a numbered waitlist. 

On 5/28/2019 at 10:39 PM, sschai said:

Has anyone else still not heard anything whatsoever from guelph? ?

I haven't either! It's kind of ridiculous, they never even updated anything on the application besides saying that the documents were received. I'm frustrated with Waterloo as well, they left me hanging and never told me anything about my admission decision even though I followed up a few times. I have pretty much given up on both those universities at this point. ?‍♀️If I do hear back it might be too late to accept, I've already applied for residence and will be enrolling in courses this week for MPH at another university.

Edited by thevegedemic

On 5/30/2019 at 11:15 AM, Stardust3000 said:

Fingers crossed. 

I am a BSc Human Bio major, but I also majored in English and minored in Film. Do you know how big this year's class is going to be?

5 hours ago, bve5 said:

Anyone going into Western’s MPH program looking for a roommate? Preferably female :) 

Many congratulations on your acceptance! 

May I please know if you learned anything about the acceptance from waitlist and how many seats could possibly be given? I am anxiously awaiting a response. Thank you!

I called the Western's MPH program this morning. They said that they have already sent out the second round offer. People who are not on the list will receive an email this week in regarding to the situation. I am guessing the waiting list is pretty small since the program manager knows who I am right away. Good luck to everyone!!! 

Edited by Fithenorth