2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

12 minutes ago, Toofster7 said:

Anyone going to Queens MPH know if there are any payments due?

I haven't received any details regarding payment yet. The last email they sent (on June 6) had a Guide to Registration and Fees but it was a link from 2018-2019 so the dates were not for this year. I emailed them back and they said we will receive the 2019-2020 Guide on June 13th. The guide will have details about deadlines for payments. 

On 6/6/2019 at 12:17 PM, a19 said:

Got accepted to Western's MPH off the waitlist yesterday. 

congrats! did you get an email from them about sending your app to the Global health program before you got off the waitlist (i got one last thursday)

On 6/6/2019 at 1:06 PM, KPJ said:

I received an email 30 mins ago saying that all offers have been sent out and I can remain on the waitlist if I would like ? 

are you going to stay on the waitlist or send your app to the Global Health program?

On 5/31/2019 at 5:08 AM, Stardust3000 said:

Please don’t be concerned or quote me. There are a lot of other holistic factors to be considered as well. They want a more diverse class, so they could pull people off the waitlist in order to achieve that. 

The good news is that they don’t have a numbered waitlist. 

numbered waitlist? so it's just a general pool of applicants?

9 hours ago, ASK__ said:

numbered waitlist? so it's just a general pool of applicants?

They just said that they don’t have numbers assigned to the people on the waitlist.

I read somewhere that they are evaluating applicants on the waitlist holistically and trying to have a diverse class. 

15 hours ago, Stardust3000 said:

They just said that they don’t have numbers assigned to the people on the waitlist.

I read somewhere that they are evaluating applicants on the waitlist holistically and trying to have a diverse class. 

I guess that's better? It seems really competitive this year

On 6/10/2019 at 12:17 PM, ASK__ said:

congrats! did you get an email from them about sending your app to the Global health program before you got off the waitlist (i got one last thursday)

No! Just got an email on June 5th if I was still interested in receiving an offer and if so I would be sent one. I haven't accepted the offer yet, will be doing so tomorrow. Nothing about the global health program beforehand! I have heard that it's a good program. The head of the program gave a presentation about it during one of my classes in Feb. 

On 5/30/2019 at 8:33 AM, KPJ said:

Anyone on the waitlist for Western MPH or McMaster Global Health heard back yet or know when we will hear back? 

I accepted my offer at western but am still on the wait list for mac.. I called and they said that you can hear back anytime up until September :(

Hi.. can anybody please suggest universities for me in Canada for MPH(1yr course) if at all if it is offered?

I am Dentist from India with 8yrs experience, with 3yrs US exposure of various volunteers, externships etc. I neither have a PR of Canada nor a US citizen. Thank you in advance. 

4 hours ago, Swapnil ram said:

Hi.. can anybody please suggest universities for me in Canada for MPH(1yr course) if at all if it is offered?

I am Dentist from India with 8yrs experience, with 3yrs US exposure of various volunteers, externships etc. I neither have a PR of Canada nor a US citizen. Thank you in advance. 

Hi, the MPH program at Western University is a 1-year program. Queen's University also has the option to do an accelerated MPH for working professionals (so you would qualify) that I believe is 12-months. I'm sure there are others in Canada but I don't know much about them. 

Edited by bve5

On 6/26/2019 at 9:14 AM, MoneyPoppers said:

Has anyone heard back from McMaster MPH waitlist? Also, does anyone know what are the chances of getting off the waitlist?

I am on the Global Health waitlist and I have not yet heard back. When I called, they said we can hear back until the first week of September :( I honestly think the chances of hearing back are slim because realistically, the only people who would drop out of the program are those who got into med school (or another competitive professional program). To my knowledge, all med school offers have already been made - including offers from the waitlist. At this point, I think the only way the waitlist will move forward is if someone miraculously changes their mind..

On 7/6/2019 at 10:31 PM, KPJ said:

I am on the Global Health waitlist and I have not yet heard back. When I called, they said we can hear back until the first week of September :( I honestly think the chances of hearing back are slim because realistically, the only people who would drop out of the program are those who got into med school (or another competitive professional program). To my knowledge, all med school offers have already been made - including offers from the waitlist. At this point, I think the only way the waitlist will move forward is if someone miraculously changes their mind..

Awn man. That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the insight. 

Just got off the McMaster Global Health waitlist today, but will be declining the offer so hopefully someone hears some good news soon! All the best to anyone still waiting :)