2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

50 minutes ago, MPH12345 said:

Just got off the wait list for McMaster University Global Health! Anyone have feedback on Western MPH vs McMaster Global Health (besides the tuition difference)? 

I still haven’t heard back from them yet ??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/11/2018 at 7:11 PM, DAM said:

Hello, 

As Public Health applications will be opening soon (depending on when you're applying to of course) and being the thread for last year was already released months before this, I jumped the gun and thought a thread for us to discuss, share our thoughts, feelings, fears, and the trials and tribulations of Public Health applications would be helpful. I also find it helpful to know who's applying where I'm excited to start this journey and I'm hoping we all see acceptance letters/emails in under a year! 

Schools/programs I plan to apply to: 

UBC MPH

UBC MSc in PPH (already have my eye on a supervisor though)

SFU MPH

U of Manitoba MScPH

Hello UBC please can I meet you on Facebook or via my mail Nwabubatochukwu@yahoo.com

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2018 at 8:47 PM, Emily_Ww said:

Hey everyone, I stumbled upon this forum just from past searches of being on this route last year. I am currently doing my MPH at McMaster this year and if anyone has any questions about anything let me know. I know what the process is like and would be happy to help anyone out with questions :)

Hi Emily,

I am currently in the process of preparing my application for MPHs to start in 2020 and my top choice is McMaster! I went to Mac for my undergrad in Nursing and I recently decided to pursue further education in public health. I was wondering if you could answer a few questions.

1. How did you go about preparing your CV and statement of interest? My friend told me a CV is very different from a resume and I am curious to know if Mac is strict on certain aspects. 

2. Why did you choose Mac for MPH and what do you like/not like about it (courses, placements, opportunities)? I am interested in a practicum-based program and I like how Mac has the water without borders program. I'm interested in climate change and health but I'm open to exploring different areas of PH. 

Any help would be much appreciated!  :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 7:55 PM, Glory23 said:

Hi

Did any international applicant here got acceptance letter for MPH 2019 intake? I'm planning to apply for Fall 2020 intake. So just wanted to know the options.

Hi Glory... Which universities are you planning to apply to? Have you made a decision yet? 

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2019 at 8:11 AM, Zain96 said:

Hi!! Thanks so much for being willing to help! I was wondering, around when did you hear back from Mac? 

hi this harsh from India applied for mph in  mac masters. have completed my pharm d. very tensed and worried whether i could get acceptance or not. could you share ur profile and please let me know whether international are offered scholarships 

On 4/13/2019 at 1:50 AM, mph_2021 said:

That's great, looks like they're starting to send them out today! I haven't gotten any emails so far, but I just checked WebAdvisor again and it was updated to admitted. I can't find the offer letter though, so I guess they're still working on it.

UPDATE:

The letter came in and I accepted my offer! 

Good luck to everyone else waiting for admission decisions! :) 

was your admission is for the year 2020 September intake 

• 1 year later...

Hey all!! I am a current MPH applicant. I have applied to UFT, Queens, Ottawa, Mcmaster, Guelph and Waterloo. I have an interview for Toronto's MPH (Occupational and Environmental Health) program coming up soon.

I was wondering if any of the past applicants coudl provide any insight on the intervew questions :)

Thanks in advance!!

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2019 at 10:01 AM, MPH12345 said:

Just got off the wait list for McMaster University Global Health! Anyone have feedback on Western MPH vs McMaster Global Health (besides the tuition difference)? 

Hi, just curious to know if you had emailed the admissions team about your continued interest (despite being waitlisted) while waiting to hear back.