Hertie School 2019

julieFYI

Hello everyone, hope you are doing well.

I'm creating this thread to see if someone out there is planning to apply for the Hertie School of Governance next year. Hopefully, we can exchange experiences and help each other in the application process. 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! It is a long wait. Hopefully, we'll get in! The status of my application is "Pre-Screening". Simply out of curiosity, does anyone know the number of DAAD scholars accepted per year by Hertie? It's something I haven't been able to find.

Best of luck to all!

15 hours ago, julieFYI said:

Hi everyone! It is a long wait. Hopefully, we'll get in! The status of my application is "Pre-Screening". Simply out of curiosity, does anyone know the number of DAAD scholars accepted per year by Hertie? It's something I haven't been able to find.

Best of luck to all!

I checked the class of 2018 in the school's website, and I think there were 3 recipients of the scholarship. Also, my application is still under pre-screening. 

On 8/2/2018 at 7:00 PM, MikeRanel said:

Hello everyone! 

I’m applying to the MPP program as well, under the Helmut-Schmidt (DAAD) scholarship. 

According to their email, results will be around November/December. 

Best of luck on our application!

Hello! Are you from the Philippines? :)

On 8/10/2018 at 6:51 AM, alizmyvna said:

Hi guys! I'm applying for the MPP  under the Helmut Schmidt Programme 2019. Just in case anyone knows - would there be interviews at some point before they announce the chosen candidates for the scholarship? Thanks!

Hi! As far as I'm concerned there are no interviews in the process. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 11:51 AM, Kevin1990 said:

Hi All,

I was wondering when Hertie's application for the MIA/MPP opens up?

Hi Kevin, if I recall correctly, on the site it says that you can apply whenever you want since they have a constant review of applications. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there fellow courageous applicants,

lovely to meet you all (even if its just in a digital cafe)! I've applied for the MPP programm on the 7th of october, status is also "Selection Committee" and I'm really looking forward to hopefully soon getting some feedback. Where are you guys and girls from if I may ask? 

Lots of greetings from Tunis

Till

3 hours ago, julieFYI said:

Hi Till! I am from Argentina. I applied to the school for 2019 intake, but through the DAAD scholarship, so I am waiting for their response as well. Best luck to all!

Did you receive any update email from them yet?

2 hours ago, AichS said:

Did you receive any update email from them yet?

Hi! I received the same email mentioned above by Amir@1994. It simply said that School and DAAD are still analyzing the applications and that the scholars will be announced in Nov/Dec. 

Hi everyone!

I received an email from Hertie. it says: "Your application is currently in the last stages of being reviewed by the Hertie School in conjunction with the DAAD, who will together name six recipients to be awarded the Helmut Schmidt Scholarship. A final selection meeting will take place in November and applicants will receive the results via e-mail in December."

Did you receive this email?

Good lusk!

3 hours ago, Amir@1994 said:

Hi everyone!

I received an email from Hertie. it says: "Your application is currently in the last stages of being reviewed by the Hertie School in conjunction with the DAAD, who will together name six recipients to be awarded the Helmut Schmidt Scholarship. A final selection meeting will take place in November and applicants will receive the results via e-mail in December."

Did you receive this email?

Good lusk!

Hi Amir! Yes exactly the same e-mail I received. Still another 3 weeks to go T_T

21 hours ago, Amir@1994 said:

HI Julie!

I hope everything goes well with your application.

Does this email mean the shortlisted candidates?

To be honest...I don't know!! I assume it's an automatic e-mail to all applicants. I checked my application on the site and it still says "Selection Comitee". I guess we'll know in Dec ?

Hello guys am Fred from Kenya. I too applied for the MPP under Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (DAAD).  Am glad joining this forum.

Just like other applicants i received this mail; 

"

Dear applicant,

Thank you for applying to the 2019 DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Scholarship at the Hertie School of Governance.

Your application is currently in the last stages of being reviewed by the Hertie School in conjunction with the DAAD, who will together name six recipients to be awarded the Helmut Schmidt Scholarship. A final selection meeting will take place in November and applicants will receive the results via e-mail in December.

".

However, when I log in to the portal I get this " Master of Public Policy  Application submitted on 26.06.2018 (Current status: Evaluation)".

Who may have an idea what this means for me.

Regards.