New York, NY

On 3/22/2018 at 2:04 PM, TooExcited&Nervous said:

BUMP

Any tips on the housing search?

Hey there!

I used the SpareRoom app. It took awhile to find a place because for every apt you apply to, 100 people are also applying. 

I also knew exactly where I wanted to live in Queens, so I was hyper vigilant about checking every day!

I haven’t read the whole thread but just in case it wasn’t mentioned, the L train is going to be shut down in early 2019... so Greenpoint may not be a good neighborhood. 

On 7/4/2018 at 3:52 PM, isma93 said:

Hi! I know the struggle. I was an intern at the United Nations HQ in Manhattan not a long ago, and the house search got me crazy. I was also robbed of my deposit once. I found my final flat through some friends at the United Nations. I still have the contact of the landlord, a very nice and honest person, and he owns a whole building. But it's inside Manhattan, between Midtown East and UES (44th and 1st if I rember well), and he only has studios to rent. I don't know if that's an option for you. Let me know anyways if you want me to give you the contact. :)

Cheers, Isma

Hi Isma93!

Thank you for the response, and messaged you!

On 7/4/2018 at 4:52 AM, isma93 said:

Hi! I know the struggle. I was an intern at the United Nations HQ in Manhattan not a long ago, and the house search got me crazy. I was also robbed of my deposit once. I found my final flat through some friends at the United Nations. I still have the contact of the landlord, a very nice and honest person, and he owns a whole building. But it's inside Manhattan, between Midtown East and UES (44th and 1st if I rember well), and he only has studios to rent. I don't know if that's an option for you. Let me know anyways if you want me to give you the contact. :)

Cheers, Isma

Are the UN internships paid?

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, Bodhicaryavatara said:

Are the UN internships paid?

Nope, no salary and no reimbursement for expenses :/ They now started paying some interns at UNICEF in NYC, but only like 20 poistions a year maximum (rest is still unpiad), plus they receive 1500 dollars which is ridiculous, you cannot survive more than 2 weeks with that amount of money in Manhattan ahaha

Edited by isma93