Trudeau 2019

Adelaide9216

3 hours ago, Minou said:

People selected for interviews were notified a couple of days ago. Best of luck next year to those who didn't make it this times around.

Thanks for letting us know! It feels good not to have that anticipation hanging over my head. Good luck to all those who got interviews!

3 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Oh wow, it's sad that they did not notify you that you did not get selected. 

I imagine contacting unsuccessful applicants isn't a priority for them, but we'll hear eventually.  In better news, I channelled the Trudeau disappointment into applying for something else this afternoon. :)

7 minutes ago, ttwi said:

I imagine contacting unsuccessful applicants isn't a priority for them, but we'll hear eventually.  In better news, I channelled the Trudeau disappointment into applying for something else this afternoon. :)

Good attitude !

Sorry to hear about those who didn't make it this year :( I got lucky and made it to the interviews, headed to Montreal next week - anyone know someone/have themselves gone through the interview process? There's an individual and a group interview, I'm very unsure what to expect!

On 3/27/2019 at 10:49 PM, kenzitronic said:

Sorry to hear about those who didn't make it this year :( I got lucky and made it to the interviews, headed to Montreal next week - anyone know someone/have themselves gone through the interview process? There's an individual and a group interview, I'm very unsure what to expect!

How did it go? I'm curious to know. 

On 4/3/2019 at 8:17 PM, Adelaide9216 said:

How did it go? I'm curious to know. 

Interesting - the individual interview is pretty much what you'd expect, about 30 minutes long with some questions about methodology, research impact, goals for the program, etc. The group interview was scholar candidates mixed with mentor candidates, collaboratively developing an activity in a kind of fishbowl setting while people from the foundation watched. A little awkward to say the least, very performative!!

• 2 weeks later...

So I spoke with the scholarship département of my future university. They gave me feedback on my Trudeau application (I was not selected this year at the institutional level). They strongly encourage me to reapply next cycle, especially since I got Vanier this year. They said I had a few weaknesses in parts of my application (methods, theoretical framework and personal statement) Including the fact that I am not A PhD student yet, but that my file is competitive enough and that I should try again next year.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 7:57 AM, Adelaide9216 said:

So I spoke with the scholarship département of my future university. They gave me feedback on my Trudeau application (I was not selected this year at the institutional level). They strongly encourage me to reapply next cycle, especially since I got Vanier this year. They said I had a few weaknesses in parts of my application (methods, theoretical framework and personal statement) Including the fact that I am not A PhD student yet, but that my file is competitive enough and that I should try again next year.

Adelaide,

Congrats on Vanier. I would love to hear more about your learnings in applying for this award, especially as a PhD incomer (if I am understanding correctly?)

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2019 at 10:19 PM, vancouverrunner said:

Adelaide,

Congrats on Vanier. I would love to hear more about your learnings in applying for this award, especially as a PhD incomer (if I am understanding correctly?)

PM me when you apply! I'll try to help. :) Yes, I will be a PhD incomer in September!

Edited by Adelaide9216