SSHRC Doctoral 2018-2019

Adelaide9216

Hey guys,

To those who also got it, for acceptance, is it really as simple as just sending an email to the program contact on this page? http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/Guides-Guides/TriRTA-TriBFR_eng.asp#research

So it would be fellowships@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca 

Seems like such an odd process ? Wait to receive your letter if your university doesn't decline info, then confirm acceptance by email?

2 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I got SSHRC Doctoral, but got only a score of 12. something on 20. But I have to decline it anyways, so someone on the waitlist is going to have that scholarship hopefully.

Why are you declining it?

14 hours ago, Yorku2019 said:

I think so, given what I have gleaned from various threads. It seems that, on average, 11.5 - 14.5 = SSHRC Fellowship ('smaller') and maybe 15 and greater = CGS-D ('larger') @crazycatmaniac

Oof...Knowing that and not being able to get CGS-D slightly is a bummer, considering both times prior I wasn't able to get past my university. Thanks for the information!

35 minutes ago, Interesting said:

Direct applicant in Toronto! Still no mail ? I hope it comes today, otherwise I need to wait till Monday! 

Also hopeful it reaches Toronto today! I'm sitting waiting for Canada Post... I see the person walking around the neighbourhood but not at my place yet....

Hey! I don't know if there's any restrictions against this or something, but it would be really helpful to see people's programs of study who were successful. I was thinking maybe we could set up something Google Drive or Dropbox or something like that if anyone was willing to share? I've seen some older ones but it would be great to see some more recent ones.

Also I got my score today. 10.6! So close for my first try! Makes me feel less terrible about myself though to know that I was pretty close. Just got to improve by 1 or 2 points next year! (Or better yet 5 and get CGS ?)

Edited by displaynamesarehard
Typo

Also a direct applicant (doing a PhD in the UK) with a Toronto address - my family informed me that they still haven't received anything. Ugh. I didn't realize Canada Post took SO long to reach Toronto from Ottawa... it's been 3 days already... ?

Also waiting in Toronto for my letter- my school doesn’t provide the results to applicants. Going out of town on Monday for a week and was really hoping to get the news before I leave... the wait continues :( 

32 minutes ago, TBay said:

No mail for me today, north of Toronto.  At least I know I got it, but I'd like to see how to go from here and scores, etc.

Same boat! No mail, know I got it, but would like to complete my award initiation form, know my score, etc. Has anyone in Vancouver or Burnaby received letter mail yet?

7 minutes ago, SSHRC said:

Same boat! No mail, know I got it, but would like to complete my award initiation form, know my score, etc. Has anyone in Vancouver or Burnaby received letter mail yet?

I hope we get it by Monday. They delivered the mail to Montreal folks yesterday so I was hoping we would also get it in Toronto today... :(

Just now, Interesting said:

I hope we get it by Monday. They delivered the mail to Montreal folks yesterday so I was hoping we would also get it in Toronto today... :(

I am so surprised... I assumed if Montreal got theirs we would get ours today.. .The pressure is increasing for me, I need to know either way :( 

10 minutes ago, thebestembee said:

Direct applicant, Canada Post delivered my letter via regular post this morning in Maple, Ontario. 11.7/20, waitlisted! Good luck everyone.

Congrats - that's still a very impressive score! Also, glad to hear the mail is very(!) slowly making its way to the GTA...

18 hours ago, anonsshrcjosephab said:

Hey guys,

To those who also got it, for acceptance, is it really as simple as just sending an email to the program contact on this page? http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/Guides-Guides/TriRTA-TriBFR_eng.asp#research

So it would be fellowships@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca 

Seems like such an odd process ? Wait to receive your letter if your university doesn't decline info, then confirm acceptance by email?

Thank you for posting.  It seems like this is correct, although I am checking to see if there is an official acceptance form because it says to copy your SLO with your Notification of Decision.

Tanya

20 hours ago, PsycUndergrad said:

I got 11.1 and was waitlisted so 11.5 seems about right for the fellowship cut off. 

I'm waitlisting with a score of 12.55

19 hours ago, NavIndWmn said:

II would be interesting in seeing my score. I was waitlisted so assuming 11 or lower then. I hate how SSHRC is scored because 11/20 seems so low if you were doing an exam. It would be barely a pass, but with sshrc it’s a score to be proud of. Even a 15/20 which would have likely netted a bombardier, it still is really only a 75% on other rankings. It’s hard to wrap your mind around.