Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

4 hours ago, hellohamilton said:

just checked on my dalhousie web portal thing and it changed to the below.  can i assume that i've been accepted?  no e-mails or letters received - trying to not get too excited.

Application Status: Decision Made
Decision:

Accepted - Deposit Requested

The first acceptance of the forum!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! Get excited!

Edited by FK@UofT

i am cautiously optomistic that i have been accepted to dalhousie!  i want to see an offer letter to be 100%. 

does anyone have any thoughts about dalhousie, u vic and waterloo for online programs?  i also applied to laurier advanced standing but i am not sure if i can do an in person program or not as i some flexibility due to parenting obligations and needing to put in as many work hours as possible during coursework time.

would love to hear people's opinions.  good luck all!

On 2/12/2019 at 12:31 PM, hellohamilton said:

i am cautiously optomistic that i have been accepted to dalhousie!  i want to see an offer letter to be 100%. 

does anyone have any thoughts about dalhousie, u vic and waterloo for online programs?  i also applied to laurier advanced standing but i am not sure if i can do an in person program or not as i some flexibility due to parenting obligations and needing to put in as many work hours as possible during coursework time.

would love to hear people's opinions.  good luck all!

I currently attend Dalhousie and what I have heard about the program is that it is much more theoretical than practical, that being said I have no personal experience in the program and know several people who did their social work degrees through Dalhousie and loved it!

Edited by Dal2UofT

Hello everyone! I just received an email that I was accepted into the advanced standing at Carleton!  I've been a bit of a lurker on this site but wanted to say it's been super helpful following along, so thank you all! I'm still unsure if I will attend Carleton as I am waiting on a few more schools, but good luck to everyone....the time of waiting is finally drawing to a close (for some schools anyway!)

34 minutes ago, Laurabeth79 said:

Hello everyone! I just received an email that I was accepted into the advanced standing at Carleton!  I've been a bit of a lurker on this site but wanted to say it's been super helpful following along, so thank you all! I'm still unsure if I will attend Carleton as I am waiting on a few more schools, but good luck to everyone....the time of waiting is finally drawing to a close (for some schools anyway!)

So many celebrations!!!! - Congratulations!!!!!   ....We are all so close!

1 hour ago, Laurabeth79 said:

You must be over the moon...:) Congratulation!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, FK@UofT said:

We are soo close...... The anxiety is escalating. Watch it goes from 0 to a 100 real quick lol lol 

5 minutes ago, MSW-101 said:

You must be over the moon...:) Congratulation!!!!!!!

Thanks!  I'm pretty excited and a little surprised (lol)

1 hour ago, FK@UofT said:

Thanks so much!  

2 hours ago, Laurabeth79 said:

AHHHH I'm waiting to hear from Carleton for the two year program, it;s the only school I applied to. Checking a thousand times a day. Congratulations on your acceptance!! 

8 minutes ago, veecee said:

AHHHH I'm waiting to hear from Carleton for the two year program, it;s the only school I applied to. Checking a thousand times a day. Congratulations on your acceptance!! 

Has anyone’s status changed? I saw on the 2018 forum that it changes from review in progress by department to review in progress by faculty of graduate studies? Don't know if it's a last minute change or what!

Edited by iamstressed

11 minutes ago, iamstressed said:

Has anyone’s status changed? I saw on the 2018 forum that it changes from review in progress by department to review in progress by faculty of graduate studies? Don't know if it's a last minute change or what!

Mine has been review in progress by department since december, no change so far ?

36 minutes ago, iamstressed said:

Mine changed two days ago to "Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs", and then got my acceptance email today

41 minutes ago, veecee said:

Thanks so much! 

4 hours ago, MSW-101 said:

We are soo close...... The anxiety is escalating. Watch it goes from 0 to a 100 real quick lol lol 

By tomorrow, our acceptances are officially a thing. We just have to wait for the news, and rejoice!! 

Once I open that package, woahhhhh, 100 so quick.

1 hour ago, delithanna said:

When do first acceptances to the U of T two year MSW program come out? Their website is so vague on the timeline and I'm so nervous! 

From what I've seen two year MSW acceptances are in the range of March-April, still checking every day though!! Good luck!!

Edited by Dal2UofT

11 hours ago, nicoleMSW said:

Acceptances rolled out early April last year :)

Nicole-  will UofT send an email notification when there is a status update or we continue to check ACORN daily?

56 minutes ago, MSW-101 said:

Anyone else checking their email multiple times daily ??????

Less than a week for UofT advance standing!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm checking my Admissions Status Application everyday even though I know it wont change lol ... Do we get an email with an update ?! I thought it was only the ASA, ACORN or Mail

For anyone asking about how UofT communicates their decision: they will not email to say a decision has been made, you will need to continually check back on SGS and ACORN, then wait for the official documentation to come through the physical mail. SGS will show "Decision Made", it won't actually tell you what the decision is, unfortunately (hurray for the ACORN loophole!).

For my Advanced-Standing friends, may our distress only continue for another week! I applied last year and I heard back around Feb 20th so I'm hopeful that they'll stick to this general timeline again