Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

9 hours ago, mswmbapp said:

I had a reference who stopped responding to my email two weeks before it’s due. I know how stressful it is. You want to remind them but you feel like they’re not obligated to do anything for hou. I had to change this professor to a new reference a week before the deadline. lol I didn’t want to risk it. 

9 hours ago, SuzyH said:

Many schools will extend a deadline as this is not your fault - perhaps write the school, let them know the steps you have taken, and ask them what can be done.

Thank you for the replies! It's an awkward situation to be in - knowing that your applications rests in the hands of other people is stressful! 

He submitted the reference this evening :) Whew!!! 

15 hours ago, jsmith19 said:

good to know! I'm waiting to hear about Laurier's September start Advanced Standing and Waterloo's program. Have heard back from U of T but would like to review the programs more thoroughly when I receive responses from Laurier and Waterloo. 

I'm in a very similar boat! Honestly I'm kind of hoping I don't get accepted to Laurier so I don't have to make a decision...

If I do though I'd be happy to review with you and be a sounding board! It's a big decision.

12 hours ago, hellohamilton said:

i am in a similar position!  i have heard from dal - still waiting for laurier, u vic and waterloo.  the wait is so hard!  i think i am going to end up paying $200 to secure dalhousie as the deadline for that is march 2nd.  erg.  

That is ridiculous that they make the deadline so soon. They do it in an attempt to secure applicants, but that us just shady. They know most schools haven't sent out their offers yet.

47 minutes ago, Back to School said:

That is ridiculous that they make the deadline so soon. They do it in an attempt to secure applicants, but that us just shady. They know most schools haven't sent out their offers yet.

I'm in a similar boat...I heard back from Carleton on Feb 14, and need to let them know by March 6...it's nice they gave me three weeks to decide but I'm not going to hear back from everywhere else by then...I just wish they all came out at least around the same week.  So hard to make a decision when I've not heard back from everywhere!

does anyone have any thoughts on waterloo vs dalhousie?  i am leaning towards dalhousie (and good thing as i have paid the fee) but really want to know about laurier!

also even though i wasn't super keen on uvic i feel kind of bummed that i didn't get in and want feedback on my application!  does anyone else get this way?!?

1 hour ago, hellohamilton said:

checked online and have a few updates!  received an offer from waterloo and was declined from u victoria.  c'mon laurier!  

Congrats! Which program at Waterloo did you apply to, full or part time?

I was accepted into McMaster's MSW - critical leadership program by phone on Feb 19!! Also, I was accepted into Waterloo's full-time, advanced standing MSW program today! Like many of you, I am waiting to hear from Laurier. I heard from someone today that Laurier's advanced standing applicants will find out by the end of next week. 

1 hour ago, hamilton32 said:

Does anyone know when we are suppose to hear from Western for their 2 year programs? 

That's what I'm waiting on too! Last year people started hearing about the 2 year program on February 27th and I think the year before was March 8th. I have yet to hear about anyone getting accepted to the advance program this year and that will happen first. Good luck! It'll be any day now!!

1 hour ago, mriley26 said:

That's what I'm waiting on too! Last year people started hearing about the 2 year program on February 27th and I think the year before was March 8th. I have yet to hear about anyone getting accepted to the advance program this year and that will happen first. Good luck! It'll be any day now!!

2 hours ago, hamilton32 said:

Does anyone know when we are suppose to hear from Western for their 2 year programs? 

I am waiting also! Have been feverishly checking as many of last years applicants pointed to today for results.

You know, I'm not sure if this thread is the best for emotional well-being. Well, my own emotional well being anyway.

One can recite their own stats and read others but still wont have any idea if they will get accepted or not. I've seen some extremely qualified candidates get waitlisted and some candidates who may not 'WOW' on paper get acceptance. I've given up trying to have any notion of what admissions want.